Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

K9, I got the Academy Award that year for Best Actress in a Comedy/Drama. I was a young thing then and could fake it. Today, I don't expect anything and am rarely disappointed. He is a GREAT man...but thoughtless when it comes to feelings and stuff. I think he must have been dropped on his head as a child...not sure. Alas, he is MINE! I have that genuine Silvertone vase (or VAAAAZ) displayed in the cuppord. It must have set him back at least 2 bucks. But for his coupla shortcomings, he is a great person and hubs. He is the ying to my yang....or someting white to my wong....you know what I mean...we compliment each other...well, I don't really get compliments from him either....maybe I should send him to charm school? I love him so that's all that counts.
    I want to say how proud I am of all of us for getting ourselves thru THE toughest time of year. It's been a challenge ....AL is out there everywhere...people passing it under our vulnerable noses. Bragging about how much too much they had...it's a tough time...then add the stress and depression that comes along, too. I think hats should go off everywhere to us... If we fell, we'll get back up...if we stayed up, we'll help our friends. This has been a true test....and I'm proud of this whole site, especially the NN, for what we've done and are doing. If we can get thru this, by golly, we can get thru anything!!! Hugs from your fat frootcake laden co-nest mum!! (Lav I'm sorry I mentioned serving chicken on that other thread, I noticed you posted right after me and I felt bad....for a little while, then got over it when I thought how good that chicken is). Sorry Stella....(some days it's bad to be a chicken). B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moni, they have that Bailey's Irish creme as a creamer for coffee and it's NA, and pretty dang good! Why not run out and grab some and some decaf and treat yerself!???

I hate it when plans change, too...the nerve of people getting sick! At least you aren't the person with the flu!!!

ODAT, changing the course of my thoughts is exactly what I did and continue to do!!!! IT WORKS! It gets your mind out of that dang drinking loop! You are doing great...in case I haven't said that lately, I've been thinking it! Keep up the fight ...It IS worth it. b
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1433086 wrote: Moni, they have that Bailey's Irish creme as a creamer for coffee and it's NA, and pretty dang good! Why not run out and grab some and some decaf and treat yerself!???
        Sounds lovely but not sure they do it in Ireland. They're not big into their coffee creamer here. Might see if there are other alternatives.. Bailey's icre-cream perhaps

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Bailey's Irish Ice cream sounds good if you could get it AF....it'd be easy to make with that creamer stuff! I can't afford another pound!!! I feel like a cow! Moooove over, I'm sittin down now....plop. It's bad.....I must get back to my routine next week...or no later than the week after that. Must I eat everything???? b
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moni, changes in plans are triggers for me sometimes too. What DO you have around your house to eat? A high protein snack or meal would be good for you. Do you have any cheese or peanut butter and fruit or crackers?
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Forgot I had brown wholemeal bread and some stilton.. yum yum!
              Also some red pepper relish for on top!

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay, good! Had to look up what stilton was, but yeah, cheese would be great for you. And that red pepper relish is just what the doctor ordered. There ya go, moni- enjoy!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

I hope you are all doing good over the festive period so far. I was ill for a few days (nasty norovirus) and was also working a lot, so have been keeping quite a low profile and had a quiet time with my other half in between times.

It's been really nice though - chilling out, eating, feeling content with NO HANGOVERS. I've not had the desire to drink either. My outlook has changed so much over the past week and my eyes have been opened to a different way of looking at alcohol due to reading the "Kick the drink easily" book by Jason Vale. I know there's a couple of threads in the book section about this book and I won't ramble on about it, but it really has made a HUGE difference to me by opening my mind to the bigger picture where alcohol is concerned and has alleviated a lot of anxieties I had. I dunno, I just feel 'different' in a good way after reading it.

xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

JingleJo;1433160 wrote: Hi all

My outlook has changed so much over the past week and my eyes have been opened to a different way of looking at alcohol due to reading the "Kick the drink easily" book by Jason Vale. I know there's a couple of threads in the book section about this book and I won't ramble on about it, but it really has made a HUGE difference to me by opening my mind to the bigger picture where alcohol is concerned and has alleviated a lot of anxieties I had. I dunno, I just feel 'different' in a good way after reading it.

xxx
                    I was going to download that for the kindle. Is it as good as they say - well clearly it is.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! How is everyone doing?
                      Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1433114 wrote: Okay, good! Had to look up what stilton was, but yeah, cheese would be great for you. And that red pepper relish is just what the doctor ordered. There ya go, moni- enjoy!
                        Sorry - should have said Stilton cheese. I also went to the store and got some Pate and jelly sweets. The cravings have stopped now, the alcohol adverts on TV don't help though

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey FD. We are good! Mostly we are all obsessing about food these days! We are so glad you have a lil time to post these days and that you are doing so well.
                          Moni- good for you for getting some great tasting treats and sweets. And I know what you mean about the television romanticizing the Alcohol. Ridiculous!! I wish they would stop glamorizing it the way they did with smoking. Maybe that's not too far into the future...
                          Have a great afternoon, all!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Still here, still feeling good. Im gonna go to starbucks and I dont smoke alot but I thought id have a cig n a Starbucks as a treat on the way home. Need to have new habits to replace to old ones you know. One hour 20 mins till my first battle, im ready! Feeling good, duck and weave, duck and weave!
                            ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Strategy is strategy, ODAT! You are doing great!! How can you resist their cookies?? (except that they are about $3?) xo, B
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ooh, sorry about the typos im using my phone.
                                ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Working...
                                X