Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Be strong ODAT!!! I know you can do it. Enjoy the coffee and relax. You will be ready!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks sharky! How are you doing on day 2?
      ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters! Always here send me a pm. Support is critical during the first few days and weeks. It's honestly always critical!
        Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters,
          Visited my dad Christmas and he looked so sad and it totally bummed me out....consoled myself with wine..finished it off last night and did NOT get more at the store tonight. I am glad it is over. I did so well for a while and know I can do this....just gotta find a better way to deal with all this...drinking is NOT going to help or change anything and I cant help him if I am not coherent.....
          Glad u all are here...
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm home and sober. I got a chai tea and smoke a cig and then I played games in my head till I got home so there was not room for stinkin thinkin. I found all the prime numbers under 100 then I named all the cars I could see, then I tried to remember everyone heres name and sig line, then I counted from 100 backwards, the I multiplied all the #'s under 100 by themselves. It is a 45 minute drive so I had to play alot of games! Then I got home a took a shower and now im in my pjs at 6:15. Now to figure out dinner. Honestly I really just want to go to bed! 1 day down 364 more to go!
            Thank you all for being here. I'm sorry I'm so self adsorbed.

Comment

Newbies Nest

ODAT, I'm so proud of you....you are not self absorbed...what you are feeling is what we all have experienced and getting thru those feelings is WHY we are here! I am so happy for you getting home safe and sound. Name your cousins, recite the pledge of allegience, whatever it takes to get your mind out of that loop. Well done! You'll be getting one of Star's Moons in NO TIME! So proud of you! B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

awwww thank you byrdie! I have been reading your post from the beginning of your af time as well as molly's and k9's, i hope it will help me to follow in your and their footsteps!

Comment

Newbies Nest

ODAT, great job! You have to remember all those techniques you used to save your bacon. We are all trying to do something that is the opposite of what we have been doing for years. It isn't easy, and when you have success, you should think about why. It is kind of like finding muscles that you didn't know that you have and then start to use them on a daily basis. They are weak at first, but they get stronger with use.

It is completely possible to change your mind about drinking. Not caving in to the urge is a major accomplishment and it can lead you to many more. Every victory will make you a little bit stronger.

Living an AF life is such an awesome kind of relief. It is an experience that alot of people will never have. It can make me cry if I start thinking about it. They either don't have the drinking problem to start with, or they don't get the help. Some of us are blessed to have that yearning inside ourselves to live life AF. It IS hard (would it be worth anything if it wasn't hard?). Don't give up on your dream if you are dreaming to be AF.

Stay in the fight, my friends! I hope everyone has a great AF night.
                  "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                  AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brrrrrr!!!!
                    I can't believe these artic winds today!!!

Dottie, you already know that drowning your sorrows doesn't help you or your Dad - how about trying something different
                    Alzheimer's Association – Support Groups for Caregivers

ODAT, glad you worked thru it today!

One more day of babysitting then I get a few days off - yay.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go ODAT!!!!
                      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice job ODAT!! Proud of you. Lets keep it up.Doing ok as day 2 winds down. Really hard this time of year. People are off, kids out of school... lot's of temptation. Had a few beers on Christmas Day then stopped before I got in too much trouble. Realized right then I had no clue what I was doing... Hope to string it all together. Good luck everyone and nice work ODAT!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav I found 1 support group that meets monthly and am looking for another one..will definitely check out your link.
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

odat1234;1433262 wrote: I'm home and sober. I got a chai tea and smoke a cig and then I played games in my head till I got home so there was not room for stinkin thinkin. I found all the prime numbers under 100 then I named all the cars I could see, then I tried to remember everyone heres name and sig line, then I counted from 100 backwards, the I multiplied all the #'s under 100 by themselves. It is a 45 minute drive so I had to play alot of games! Then I got home a took a shower and now im in my pjs at 6:15. Now to figure out dinner. Honestly I really just want to go to bed! 1 day down 364 more to go!
                            Thank you all for being here. I'm sorry I'm so self adsorbed.
                            Little tip for the car journey ...... Snack and rock music or any music that you will sing to. Turn it up and SING. When you sing you breathe, when you breathe you relax...... Relaxed you do not crave. I use music and, when home, I dance. You will be amazed what the right music will do for mood

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can see Kuya now just dancing & singing her butt off :H :H
                              Whatever works, right?

Glad you saw that link Dottie - hope it helps!
                              We all need the right kind of support at the right times in our lives

Well, I have to be up & out early again for another day of watching my grandsons so I'll say good night & wish everyone safety overnight in the nest!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

going to bed. hope i can sleep. took a calms forte and will turn on the hypnosis cd.
                                c u tomorrow
                                Dottie
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X