Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

moni;1433169 wrote: I was going to download that for the kindle. Is it as good as they say - well clearly it is.
    Hi Moni

I'd certainly recommend it on the back of how it has assisted me to see and think about all thinks alcohol related differently. Just another wee tool that I've found useful along the way so far :-) I was looking on the Amazon site there to see if the lending facility has been activated for Kindle users outside the US yet and I could've sent you it over to save you paying, but doesn't look to be the case yet. Altho, you'd maybe want your own version to refer back to anyway. Let me know what you think if you do read it :-)

xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all, I'm off work today and up nice n early. Trying out a coffee maker I got for christmas, think I've overdone it, feeling a bit turbo-charged on the caffeine haha.

Off to a metafit class this morning, then out shopping with my other half. Still a bit in awe of this new hangover-free life to be honest. Feel grateful for each day that I wake up with a clear head and a whole day ahead of me. It's like a whole new world after all those years of everything revolving around drinking, thinking about drinking, feeling guilty about drinking, feeling ill because of drinking, trying to cut down on drinking, yada yada yada.

xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

I'm up in the pitch dark again this morning to get ready for another action packed day of watching grandkids, fun fun
        I need that turbo-charged coffee JJ :H

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin all.
          Well that's one night in the books, maybe an hours sleep.
          Dread these next few days, feel so crappy coming off a binder.

Comment

Newbies Nest

The emotions of an alcoholic can fluctuate much in the manner of weather fronts." This quote was in my email this morning and how true it is! Have a great day all. Ill check back at lunch.
            ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all. I had my first good nights sleep last night - Day 4 today. It takes a few days to get the AL out of the system - and this time it's going to be for good.

Dottie - my husband and I are also dealing with Alzheimers - his mother. It's really tragic and I DO recommend the support. I know the stress of it contributed to my drinking in the past few months - but Lav is right - that didn't solve anything - just made things seem worse.

Moni/Jingle - I also read Jason Vale's book. It really helps to change thoughts about drinking and I agree it's a great book for that.

My husband and I were talking about "younger days" (I'm 49 and he's in his 50's) and what we missed last night. What I missed and he did too, were the days we spent in our early 20's and we were too broke to pay for drinks - so we wouldn't drink just hang out with friends and dance and have a good time and drink water. For me, that evolved over the years to being able to afford drinks - and then the going out stopped and I just drank at home. A LOT. I don't miss one thing about that at all. I'm happier and happier to be Alcohol free and I don't miss it at all right now. I hope this feeling lasts forever!

Welcome Pleasework! You WILL sleep in a few days - and then you will feel amazing. Hang in there!
              Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello & welcome pleasework!

Glad you decided to join us :H
                Be sure to drink lots of water today to rehydrate yourself. Go to the Health store here on the site & download the MWO book. It has a lot ofbhelpul info for you.

Odat, the mood swings will stop in time. Just hang in there & keep taking good care of yourself. You have no idea how grateful I am to be done with all that. You will get there too

Hi belles!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: pleasework :l

These first few days, you should do everything possible just to take care of YOU! As mentioned, be sure and drink plenty of water (add lemon juice if you like), eat plenty of good, healthy food and get plenty of rest. Change up your routine, if possible, so you can delete as many triggers as possible. And one of the most important things, I think, is to read and post often. You can find a link to the toolbox in my signature line. There are a lot of helpful hints in there. Come up with a good plan to avoid alcohol at all costs. You can do it!

Good morning to all :l Happy Friday!!
                  :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!
                    Welcome, pleasework!!! I love your toast! They look so happy, and you will be, too, when you get this layer of char off your back! I feel as light as your little toasts there to be out from under the weight of lies and addiction! You have landed in the best possible place if you are ready to get out of this jam (toast joke!). We laugh together, cry together...and we recover together. Tell us what brought you by, is this your first serious quit? Did something happen or did you just say enough is enough? You will find that many of our stories are the very same... what started out innocently enough just caught up with us...took over our lives and thoughts, and we didn't know how to get out. But we are doing it....we ARE winning our lives back...don't be scared of what the future holds, it is BETTER than you ever imagined. When life finds you jelly-side down...that's where we come in...we've all been there. Settle in, read....and POST! Every post gets it out of you and on to paper....it really helps! So glad you are with us!!! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters,
                      Completed night 1 and did not sleep. Tossed and turned and had sweats all night...I knew to expect this but it was still horrible....it will get better I know.
                      Dh and i are off to get new glasses or at least he will...they cost a fortune so may let him go first since I had the eye surgery a few months ago to let that heal and to let my sober self's eyes heal too. I can tell a big difference in my sight when I have been sober for a while...more incentive..
                      Back later.
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy...how many people are you expecting and are they expecting to drink? If it's just a few family memebers who might bring you a bottle as a host gift...accept it and say that you will enjoy this very much! (when you regift it to someone who doesn't abuse it). If you have to serve it, send it home with someone.....lead yourself NOT into temptation. It may seem over the top, but I have fallen (and seen others fall) for less! Keep yourself and your space clean of AL. This is just my opinion, you have some good solid time under your belt, but why tempt the gods!! I have a very healthy respect for AL....I treat it like a poisonous snake. It IS out to kill me. Let me think on this some more...is there any way to get out of this party? B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I like the snake thing! I hate snakes!

Hippy if there are people there who know whats going on with you I think you will be good. Like you said, send the leftovers away and I would not put out the wine glasss unless a bottle shows up. I hope you have fun and will get some good food! NYE is still up in the air for me. I need a plan. Whats is everyone else here doing?
                          ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Only Byrdie could come up with a toast joke. LOL

Welcome pleasework! Let the AL clear your system and then you can set about getting a plan together for long term sobriety. The first few days of being AF, I would suggest treating yourself as though you have the flu, lots of liquids, sleep and pampering of yourself. It will get easier, I promise. You can do this, and we can help.

Happy Friday everyone!!! :yougo::yougo::yougo:

I took Monday off so that I can get another 4 day weekend...I could REALLY get used to those!

Stay strong everyone...weekends and holidays are just days and not a reason to drink. If you feel weak, come here for support. Remember, a craving will never last as long as a hangover!
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Hippyman, I'm glad you posted about your upcoming party on here. That's what we need to do, post about situations that we are nervous about to get the support and wisdom available here. Just a thought, because it sounds like you have some great friends on your side, could you confide in one or a couple of them to help you out? Maybe telling one of them that you trust that you just don't want any AL in your house after the party is something they could help you with. You can never, ever go overboard in making a plan. The poisonous snake thing is great and stuff like that will save our lives!

Welcome, Pleasework! Please tell us about yourself. We are all here to pull for you. Do you have a plan in place?

Jingle-Jo, so glad for you that you are feeling great. The gratitude is a big key.

Have a great, AF and peaceful weekend, friends. Treat yourself to something nice, like your favorite takeout, and actively enjoy your weekend!
                              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW 57 days! I can't believe how fast the days have gone. Many fights and many battles won against AL. :bat

He is very sneaky. He comes in many different forms. One day he is a television show, movie or commercial. Another day he is your hair dresser saying well try this for a while and then you can have one here and there. Then he comes in the form of a book you are reading where he describes an AL experience in such a romantic way. Then he comes in the form of HAND SANITIZER (it smells just like booze). Then someone will open a can of ...well anything... and he sounds just like a beer opening. Then you are listening to music and AL is in the song lyrics. One of my personal favorites, George Thorogood, "One Bourbon, One Scotch and One Beer". Church even there is alot of wine drinking in the bible stories.

Christmas supper was my toughest battle so far. :durn: It was hard not to have a glass of wine with supper. I did have sparkling apple cider in a wine glass. It actually worked. It turns out it is the wine glass I like! Who knew?

I probably left some out but that is my Thoughts for today. :soapbox: Welcome all new comers and welcome back returners.

I have been reading daily but for some reason I don't post unless I have something to say.

Well Stella has bloomed her last bloom for this year. She was a great sober buddy when I needed her.

Well everyone have a wonder SOBER day. From my corner of the world to your corner of the world. -29 degrees Celcius today pretty cold eh? I think this will be me today - :snowflake::ranger Attached files [img]/converted_files/2013094=7272-attachment.jpg[/img]
                                AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                                X