Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey nanette, where are you that its so cold. Im in texas as its 38? f here and we are freezing!
    ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanners!! I have been thinking about you and Stella and hoped you were ok! Stick your beak in the door and let us know you are still with us...you know how we chickens worry!! I am SO proud of your 57 days!!! Do you realize HOW HUGE that is in our world??? That's at least 57 NO, HELL NO's!
      It's a world of AL out there, that's for sure. AND, normal people do NOT get it. Just a sip, they say....unfortunately, it IS just like they show on tv...one drink derails us in the ugly fashion that they show in the movies and on tv. AND, we are sensitive to it...the mere mention of it gets our hackles up. I was thinking the other day about this....I don't eat seafood of any kind (it's just a thing I have). People are always trying to get me to eat it, and have actually sneaked it into some things without telling me. I am sensitive to the mention of that, too. Like Jimmy Buffet when he talks about shrimp and crabs and stuff like that...I bet if you check your archives, there are other things that you are sensitive to as well, not just AL. Somehow, taking away that power from AL helped me.
      Keep your string of AF days going....it just gets better!!! I b'leve it was Ernest Hemmingway who wrote...'the world breaks everybody, but we are all stronger in the broken places.' How true is THAT??!!! Hugs to you and Stellaaaaaa! B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

odat1234;1433661 wrote: Hey nanette, where are you that its so cold. Im in texas as its 38? f here and we are freezing!
        I live in Prince Albert Saskatchewan Canada. In F it is -20. Brrrrrrrrrrr

During the winter we will go down to as low as -40 C. When it gets down to that or lower it actually is foggy because the moisture in the air is freezing. Lots of fun! You have to have a block heater in your vehicle and warm clothes for sure. If you don't know what a block heater is, which I didn't before I moved here, google it.
        AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pinecone;1433620 wrote: Jingle-Jo, so glad for you that you are feeling great. The gratitude is a big key.

Have a great, AF and peaceful weekend, friends. Treat yourself to something nice, like your favorite takeout, and actively enjoy your weekend!
          Thank you. I've been feeling grateful for so much over the past few weeks including every single morning when I wake up with a clear head

You have a great weekend too

xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette;1433670 wrote: I live in Prince Albert Saskatchewan Canada. In F it is -20. Brrrrrrrrrrr
            GT
            During the winter we will go down to as low as -40 C. When it gets down to that or lower it actually is foggy because the moisture in the air is freezing. Lots of fun! You have to have a block heater in your vehicle and warm clothes for sure. If you don't know what a block heater is, which I didn't before I moved here, google it.
            Prey tell, how did you come to live in such a place, and jow fdo you work and what do you do for fun? I cant even imagin the shock to my system that would be!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Al on TV

Alan Carr mentions in his book that we are all alcoholics, just in different stages, why else would you drink the poison.

I have really noticed it on my reality shows that I'm addicted too. Everything calls for a drink no matter what time of day. I also saw the one where she was drinking before her friend arrived, and then asked him if he wanted a drink and said "I think I'll join you" but he even noticed and mentioned that she had started without him. I did that. I would drink before the drinking started so I had a start on my buzz. I never realized how much drinking was on those shows before.

Byrd-I haven't been out and about with any drinking as of yet, just at home with the hubs. I am afraid of people sneaking in some alcohol once I say I'm not drinking or that I'm not participating. I am afraid these "friends" will think it is necessary for me to drink and that my reasoning (whatever I give) is unnecessary and try to sneak some alcohol in or behind my back ask the server to add just a lilltle something. Besides everything else, with my being on Antabuse, it's could be a matter of life or death. That's not funny!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit...no, it's NOT funny when my friends sneak seafood in on me to try and prove a point of how delicious it is. If I were allergic to it, that could be deadly! People can be idiots! So far in these almost 2 years, it hasn't happened or even close to happening with AL, but I am vigilant. K9 says she hasn't had any problems at all even things like Miso soup which apparently has teeny traces of something AL in it.. (I didn't know that). I don't eat desserts with AL either....better safe than sorry...I've learned how my brain works and it ain't pretty! You are doing great!! B
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette;1433670 wrote: I live in Prince Albert Saskatchewan Canada. In F it is -20. Brrrrrrrrrrr

Nanners - so lovely to see you and Stella (Flower) and what with 57 days - :goodjob: I notice you say you live saskatchewan... i just saw there is a saskatchewan marathon... maybe i might run by you if ever i decide to run it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok here.we go. I get to go home an hour early and when I heard the my voices got all excited, I hadnt heard a peep out of them all day. Very disapointing. But I guess its them who will be disapointed cause I went and got a bundt cake at lunch to eat on the way home and I cant wait! it will be so yummy! Sorry dick head, go talk to someone else cause I will be busy chewing and naming my cousins!

Comment

Newbies Nest

ODAT-that was me a week ago. I got permission to leave at noon. Right away those little voices got real excited thinking I was going to get a start on my buzz. What a buzz kill I am. I was terrified of what I was going to do with myself. So, I stayed at work, late, then went to the gym as soon as I got home. I'm still using the gym as a crutch in the evenings, just to keep me busy. Hang tough. I'm so excited for you.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44;1433735 wrote: I'm still using the gym as a crutch in the evenings, just to keep me busy.
                        It's not a crutch...it's a TOOL...use it! Instead of thinking of it as something weak...a "crutch", empower yourself and say "look at all the TOOLS I am using...go me!"
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44;1433735 wrote: ODAT-that was me a week ago. I got permission to leave at noon. Right away those little voices got real excited thinking I was going to get a start on my buzz. What a buzz kill I am. I was terrified of what I was going to do with myself. So, I stayed at work, late, then went to the gym as soon as I got home. I'm still using the gym as a crutch in the evenings, just to keep me busy. Hang tough. I'm so excited for you.
                          Overit44 I bet you crutch makes you booty look fab! Im gonna go get a gym membership this weekend, I need to flaten my tummy back out! Is getting home without al a problem for everyone? I thought it was just me!

Comment

Newbies Nest

odat1234;1433728 wrote: Ok here.we go. I get to go home an hour early and when I heard the my voices got all excited, I hadnt heard a peep out of them all day. Very disapointing. But I guess its them who will be disapointed cause I went and got a bundt cake at lunch to eat on the way home and I cant wait! it will be so yummy! Sorry dick head, go talk to someone else cause I will be busy chewing and naming my cousins!
                            YAY! For ODAT.....getting angry and saying 'up yours' worked well for me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

We're all going to need an insulin shot after these holidays!! That bundt cake sounds delicious!
                              There at the end, I was sort of drunk all the time...I work from home, so my 5 o'clock started getting earlier and earlier. But on the few days I had to visit customers, I know I would start getting really agitated and irritable if I wasn't home by 5 to start. I remember being in a strange town and getting really mad that I couldn't find a booze store and would have to stop and get directions...
                              What we are all doing sometimes seems so hard...but let me tell you, getting out from under those chains is so worth it. It is inconvenient now and uncomfortable, but I'm here to tell you...life is GREAT...it is simple, full of HOPE and JOY~! All you gotta do, is get thru this day! B
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                                Got new glasses today...why do they cost so much even with insurance??? good grief....may need to adjust how I look at the laptop..a little adjustment is in order...they are nice with a little bling on the sides. Paid more than i wanted but I probably wont get new ones for a while if I leave my job. They are good and sturdy and pretty too..dh got functional ones.....
                                Predicting snow tonight again...bleh.....staying in and going to make some tea or something...did have a pang to stop at the deli but dh was driving so I did not ask....sign....this too shall pass..
                                Dottie
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X