Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Almost Free and Starfish. :l Hope you are both hanging tough. This world needs us to be a bit tough. Plenty of enemies like AL prowling around.

Love,

Slay
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nannette .... Glad you are keeping well and hanging tough

Dottie....... You are doing well now, it is a HARD habit to break like all habits our mind likes the familiar.

Hippyman.......you are sooooo positive that you always make me smile.....glad you are here. It's all about the state of mind and basically wanting to LIVE not just exist from day to day. You are an inspiration to those who think they are past help

Comment

Newbies Nest

ODAT-I would be strong all day, even after 5:00 but as soon as jumped in my truck to go home, those voices would start and I would tell myself "tomorrow" and then would come another night of regrets......and start all over the next day. I got so tired of the mental arguments going on, the shame, and how much work it was to battle my mind all day.

So, yes, the gym is not a crutch. (thanks guys) It is a healthy alternative to the lifestyle I was leading. (I was calling it a crutch because my hubs drinks so that gets me out of the house until supper time which then keeps me busy). My booty is not changing much. I really thought I would lose #'s every week since I've reduced my calories by about 3000 per day. Oh well, I'm conforting myself for the time being. I'm completely obsessed with my overweightness so 1/1 will be my 21st day and then there are no excuses, I've got to get it in gear. AllanKay assured me it eventually start to fall away.

Byrd-love the toast sightings

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all! I made it home great, and very full! So guess what...I took a nap and now its just 45 minutes till the battle for tonight is won! The being very full of yummy yummy food is great! And it works like a charm, much better than the starbuck yesterday so I will get a yummy new snack on the way home everyday. Also I have my snacks in the morning and the afternoon but if i still feel like chewing i eat carrots to off set the calories.

Overit44 I have a book recomendation, Tim Farriss the 4 hour body. It is the most efficent way to loose weight and change your body forever. Now I read this and I took tips from it, like 30 in 30, but I did not do the whole diet nor the cheat day like he did. I had a cheat day, but I did not do the grapefruit juice thing, and I did the slow carb thing but I still ate some bread. I also found the if you weigh in on the morning of your cheat day then have your cheat day you have a whole week before you have another weigh in. I also used the livestrong.com calorie counter and I love it. You can totally get obsessed with calorie counting but becareful because there is a source of guilt there also.

Hope everyone is staying strong tonight. I've am! Feeling great! Can't wait for tomorrow. Oh also there is a sober counter app that is awesome, for those with smartphone check it out!
          ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job ODAT. You go girl! It looks like you have some good ideas. Hang in there. How are the whole teenager issues going?
            AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

ODAT-My husband got a job here 25 years ago. We have been here ever since. You get used to it. The summers are so nice. We also live close to camping and fishing which are a big part of our lives. In the winter there is skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, ice skating, hockey, indoor soccer, gymnastics and alot more. I love knitting and crocheting at my age. Snow shoveling is my outdoor exercise now. In the summer I love to cut the grass and pull weeds from my garden. I love flowers!

Well there you have it. That is what brought us here and what kept us here for 25 years.
              AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Just chillin on a very chilly night!
                Snow arrives early tomorrow morning & I didn't even order any :H

Glad to see everyone haging in & making progress.
                I was amazed at how long it took me to start losing a few pounds myself when I kicked AL out. I honestly think a lot of it had to do with age related stuff I have dropped 13 pounds this year & would love to see another 5 or more go ~ we'll see!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette;1433929 wrote: Good job ODAT. You go girl! It looks like you have some good ideas. Hang in there. How are the whole teenager issues going?
                  Thanks nanette! The teenagers are better, I accepted that they just don't think about it like you said, and I stopped yelling. I just ask them to do what I think needs to be done when I get home and all of us understand that we will be cleaning up when I get home. I have the understand the only person I can control is me and that makes it better. When I don't drink the evenings seem to drag on so that means there is plenty of time to get stuff done. Who knew when your not in a coma you would have so much extra time! Silly right!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sharky where are you? It's 8:10 in socal...are you doing ok my friend?

I love this site!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everybody: checking in after awhile away.
                      There's a lot to catch up on but I was wondering, as anyone heard from Destiny???

:l:h
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Kradle, I'm checking in too. It's been so busy I've only had time for a quick lurk now and then. Is everyone doing well? We're almost through the trifecta. :woot:
                        :notes:
                        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

odat1234;1433969 wrote: Sharky where are you? It's 8:10 in socal...are you doing ok my friend?

I love this site!
                          ODAT- Doing great. Just watched a movie and no desire to drink!!!! Looks like you had a great night as well. Glad to make it through the Friday night curse. Thanks for checking in! I love this site as well.
                          Sharky

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters. You all ok?

ODAT - great attitude. sounds like you are fighting strong. :goodjob:

I'm up early. The wind is howling. It's dark and I gotta head out for a 2-hour drive to reach the bottom of a mountain so as I can climb it. Please wish for me that the wind doesn't flutter me off the top of the mountain like a feather from Stella (or a leave from Stella for that matter) in a gale.

Have a great day everyone!

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sharky, glad youre doing well! Its late here, 1 aam but im sober and I stayed up with my son watching netflixs n talking, turns out I can have more fun doing that sober too!

RC, driving to tthe bottom to climb to the top, funny I think everyone here is doing that too! In not quite the literal since though! Have fun!

Night night nesters see yall in the am! Score one for the good guys tonight

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1433996 wrote:
                                I'm up early. The wind is howling. It's dark and I gotta head out for a 2-hour drive to reach the bottom of a mountain so as I can climb it. Please wish for me that the wind doesn't flutter me off the top of the mountain like a feather from Stella (or a leave from Stella for that matter) in a gale.

Have a great day everyone!

RC
                                Hey RC - what mountain is it? Good luck and safe climb

x

Comment

Working...
                                X