Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Prayers for you and your dad, Byrdie. Have a safe trip!
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie - I love your line at the end "I finally got it - Alcohol is the problem!"

That is just so true. Good luck with your Dad - I'm sure he'll be happy you're there sober as well.
      Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, everyone! He's my Daddy, so of course he will be ok. Didn't he always make everything ok? Yes...so I'm not going to worry until somebody tells me to. I'll keep you posted, and I really appreciate your kind words. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1434345 wrote: Got back from the mountain - Ben Lomond, JJ, so just up the road from you - we only got 3/4 of the way up and had to turn back due to high winds, snow and blizzards. Pretty awesome though to be up there in that weather. Beautiful too.

This is the second walk I have done with a group. In a not-too-round about way, MWO is to be thanked. Had I not joined, I would likely never have had a good first AF stint... Had i not had this stint and feeling curious I may not have tried, briefly, to mod.... had I not flirted with that, I would not have stumbled and asked folk here to help me up... which in turn led to the Stella thread... that in turn had one insightful MWO member post a link than linked me to a website that had me think "now, maybe I could a join a hill walking group..."(as opposed to my normal hike up a hill on a wing and a prayer that I will return to base in one piece) and so i joined a group...
          Aww, I like Ben Lomond - great views over Loch Lomond on a clear day, but I suspect that wasn't the case today. Well done tho on getting so far up considering the weather was so bad. That's great you have joined a group too. You'll meet tons of new people that way too

I love hill walking/trekking and the pure escapism of it all. My biggest adventure so far was trekking to Everest Base Camp in the Himalayas last November. That was an awesome trip and the scenery was mindblowing. My only regret is missing out on exploring Kathmandu when we got back there due to getting so drunk and ending up ill in the hotel room for 2 days

x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope your wee Dad recovers quickly Byrdlady. Sending hugs and positive thoughts xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ah Byrdie, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Safe travels and best to your dad. We will all be thinking about you. :h

RC, glad you're back safe and sound.
              ~nurdl
              :notes:
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie will be thinking good thought for your dad....we always want our dads to be OK...
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not a good day today I'm afraid. I dreamt about my parents last night, they were still alive. I've woken up incredibly upset and can't stop crying. It was bound to happen. I've been incredibly strong all over Christmas despite it being so difficult being in their house. I think the best thing for me is a long walk despite the rain.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1434324 wrote:
                    My Dad is in the hospital with pneumonia, so I am making the 6 hour drive tomorrow and will likely be there the rest of the week. He will be 90 in March and so frail....I hope he will be ok. I'll post when I can, but wanted you to know I might be a bit scarce.
                    Will say a prayer for him. 90 is a good age bless him.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry you are feeling low Moni, a long walk even if wet may be just right :l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Moni! So sorry you are feeling blue! Sounds like you need a plan to get through this day. So a walk in the rain to begin with. What can you think of to do next that will make you feel a little better? Be sure you eat well. That's what I ALWAYS say- but it has worked well for me. Whatever activities you choose to do today, try to get your mind off the sadness - Ok?? Distract yourself with positive thoughts about how well you are doing and how much better your life is without alcohol. Stay close to the nest!
                        Mornin' kuya and RC. And RC, I am so happy hearing about your mountain climb- I really admire you
                        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Very frosty here in my portion of the nest this morning!
                          I think I'll being staying inside, maybe making a pot of soup

Best wishes going out to Byrdie & family today!

Moni, we all have those sad moments in our lives, usually wrapped up with memories. Acknowledging them but not staying stuck in them is the best way. I have lost all of my elders as well, sometimes it feels pretty lonely. Fresh air & a brisk walk sounds good

Greetings to one & all & wishes for a great AF Sunday!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!
                            A cold one here but I'm going to put on my bathing suit and hop in the hot tub! :woot:
                            It's gonna hurt so good!
                            Laters
                            :notes:
                            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. It continues to snow here...the daily clearing ouf is getting tiresome but it is beautiful. I am having internet router issues and can only use the 4g o this damn new phone and its frustrating. Only just figured out how to turn off the auto correct so it stops saying things i dont mean :-)

Im sorry byrdie will send u An email. This holiday has worn out its welcome and DH needs to go back to work. Soon.
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wah i cant even get a email to send!!!!. Text me byrdie....if you need anything.
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X