Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thank you so much for your positive thoughts. Sis called and he had a bad night. So I am rushing out the door....but remember, there ARE NO GOOD EXCUSES to drink! Not for us....don't let anything derail you. Stay firm in your commitment...that's what I'm doing.
    I will try and check in tonight, but will be thinking of everyone and wishing you strength! XO, B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Typical of you Byrdy,even in your own time of stress,you are thinking of everyone else.But just this once just focus on yourself and your family.We will all be here thinking of you ,and supporting you.I can safely say you have the best wishes of everyone here on your side.
      All our love
      The Nest
      AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, moni, kuya, star, lav,nurdl, lolab, byrdie and patrick! I hope everyone had a good rest! I am sorry you are having such a hard time right now moni, I hope you feel better soon. Byrdie I wish you safe travels and I hope your dad's condition take a turn for the better soon! God speed.

I'm up early this morning feeling ok. Long day of cleaning looms so I better get breakfast cookin. Check back later!
        ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning
          Did not sleep well last night...but the sun is shining and we are off to church and lunch with friends.
          Byrdie take care...
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brydie-Prayers and thoughts for your Dad and family. Looks like being AF has made you mentally tough and able to deal through anything. wISHING YOU THE BEST.
            sHARKY

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning. Good to see everyone, and that Sharky is haning in there.

My best to Byrd & Moni.

Have a great AF day everyone!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, thinking of you and your family.
                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

The wind has really picked up ~ howling now

Lola, you're still getting snow? Yikes, enough already! I had some power issues here last night, the generator kept kicking on & off all evening.

Byrdie, be safe on the roads!

Greetings Patrick, odat, Dottie, Sharky, overit & Pinecone

I have a big pot of meatballs & sausage simmering on the stove - family will be here later.
                  Now I'm thinking about a nice warm fire to take the chill off
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Went over to dads to pick up his snow blower...bigger than ours....looked through some papers and that always brings up memories and urges...as we were driving home I was thinking that dh is oblivious to the fact that as he is talking to me I am thinking about stopping for a bottle of wine....argh....did not but frustrating still....
                    Dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I hope everyone is hanging on tight! Don't forget the nest belts & butt velcro

Dottie, how about making a list of good alternatives for AL when you are feeling emotional?
                      Deep breathing, 10 minute of meditation to some soft background music, a walk outside......anything to take your mind off of AL. AL is not going to help any situation, only make it worse.
                      It takes a month to develop a new habit, start one today

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - stay warm!!!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav good ideas...I have a hypnosis appointment on Jan 1st to make me a relaxation CD. Plan to use it whenever needed..also back to the gym on Wednesday....the holidays have changed all my schedules. I also want to get to the yoga with the meditation. I need structure...at least a little more than I have had the past 2 weeks but it has helped me figure out how to change things for retirement.
                        Dottie
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1434324 wrote: Good-A Nesters! Glad to see everyone hung tough in the coup last night! Eggcellent job! Since I got sick on eggs, I am totally scrambling on jokes! I can't imagine the idiot man that would take on more than one wife!!! Holy Moly! They all have their pecking order, I'm sure. Sounds like a nightmare to me!

My Dad is in the hospital with pneumonia, so I am making the 6 hour drive tomorrow and will likely be there the rest of the week. He will be 90 in March and so frail....I hope he will be ok. I'll post when I can, but wanted you to know I might be a bit scarce.

When I woke up this morning, from having recieved calls all thru the night, I thought how intense this pressure is, and making decisions and trying to get people where they need to be...under all this pressure, I did NOT ever once think how nice it would be to drink. In fact, just the opposite....I am so grateful to be out from under that weight of addiction. I am so grateful to be sober! If I can do it....I KNOW YOU CAN! Mine was a hard shell to crack, but it finally did!!!!!!!!!!! I finally got it. Alcohol is the problem! Imagine?!! Hugs all, B
                          Oh Byrdie:h

Pneumonia of all things. Is this the friken Winter of our Pneumonia discontent??!! :shocked:
                          How amazing though that your dad is 90 and everyone s rallying. I know it's lots of pressure and maybe the grass is always greener but I so wish when my dad got sick we had wanted to rally or had even been allowed...
                          Your dad sounds super special...
                          Just like you- alert and orientated times ten :coolbubble:

:l:h
                          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thoughts are with you, Byrdie. Seems to be a bad year for it. My mom is pretty sick right now as well. I keep thinking 2013 just has to be better.

Hugs for all.

Love,

Slay
                            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Byrdie,

Good thoughts and prayers from me, too. Hope your dad will be ok and you get through it all. These kinds of situations are so stressful. Hugs to you.

Hi Slay, hope you are ok, too. I haven't been online very much for the last couple of days, but I know you had a lot of stressful stuff going on the last time I read your posts.

Hello to everyone else.......Kradle, Lavande, Dottie, Pinecone, Overit, Sharky......prayers for all of you who are struggling and trying to cope with difficult situations (that's just about everyone!) Hugs to all!
                              AF since 12/2/12
                              http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hoping all the best for you Byrdie. Will keep your seat warm

Hi to all nesters ...... Tomorrow is a chance for a different start to the new year.

Many of us only dreamed of being sober this time last year. Now we have turned a hope and a dream into a reality. Is it hard? ...... Yep! Did anyone say it was easy?.....nope!

When I was a child I was obsessed with horses and riding. The hours I spent walking to the stables to groom and muck out for hours, day after day, just for an hours ride once a week. The aching muscles, the bumps and bruises, the occasional fall...... All for the thrill of being in the saddle ( Patrick .... NO :H)

When we want something badly enough we must be prepared to go through some pain and exercise some patience to get it. I wanted my life back, it has not been easy, there is still work to do. I did not become a competent horsewoman in four months so I accept that mastering sobriety will also take time.

I didn't learn to ride by watching others, we won't learn to be sober by drinking......so THIS new year stay sober and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X