Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello all...first post, 4:30pm New Years Eve, Australia...the worst time and place for an Alcoholic...I will fail today....that's what it's like sometimes isn't it. I may not always be here as a rock for everyone as I'm not a rock.
    But I am looking forward to sharing our realities....I accepted that I was an Alcoholic about 9 years ago at the age of 25. Less than a seventh of the days since I have been sober. This is my reality at the moment.
    I have been off antabuse for 3 weeks and have had 2 non-drinking days. I was optomistic at first but now the anxiety is taking hold once again. I will always be a drinker...and it will probably get me in the end but I know that it doesn't have to be that way! My thoughts are too manic, and beautiful and terrifying at the same time to stay in one place...to be a master of one thing.
    I am sorry that this is where I am today but I know that my thoughts will be different tomorrow.
    ps....I'm usually not this narcissistic.
    Phan Anton.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Phan,

You jumped into a good place mate. :welcome: You've fought half the battle already - admitting and accepting your problem with AL in the first place. Now it's about training for part 2 of the battle. I hope that we can help here. I've found this place invaluable.

And what an auspicious time to start being AF too... Good luck. And here is the link to the Toolbox which many of us find so helpful:

Toobox

Happy New Year Phan!

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dont worry Kuya ,I had a tb mare myself, ex polo horse so I enjoy a good ride as well.:H
        AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick;1435137 wrote: Dont worry Kuya ,I had a tb mare myself, ex polo horse so I enjoy a good ride as well.:H
          yeah i bet you did - hitting the other teams balls with your big mallet... "polo" aye?!

Comment

Newbies Nest

twas the nag played polo,I got her after she retired.but thanks for the compliment on my "big mallet"
            AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick;1435148 wrote: twas the nag played polo,I got her after she retired.but thanks for the compliment on my "big mallet"
              :H :H :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, this is likely to be my last post for a couple of days. Heading up to a wee place called Aviemore in the Highlands of Scotland for a couple of nights over New Year. Really looking forward to it. We've got a nice hotel booked and I'm looking forward to a nice chilled time. I really thought my first New Year without AL was going to be terrifying and depressing, but I'm not feeling like that at all. Looking forward to it tbh

Happy New Year to you all when it comes and here's to a happy, healthy, AF 2013 xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy New Years Eve everyone. I'm looking forward to my NYE sober, too Jingle.

I've got sparkling cider chilling in the fridge and we'll be outside walking around listening to street music and watching the celbrations. I'd love to crawl into bed early - but my hubby won't hear of it - so I'll tag along until midnight and then my witching hour will take over and I will jump in for a good nights sleep! I'm getting more addicted to good sleep than anything else these days!

Wishing everyone a truly wonderful sober New Years - what a way to ring in 2013!! And no hangovers tomorrow!
                  Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

R.C. !!!!!!!!!!!
                    You DiD IT!!!!!!!! Thirty DAYS of KICKIN the beast!!!!!!!! And not only, that, R.C.- you have generously shared your hard-earned lessons with the rest of us You have conquered every day of the week and even the holiday season, We are so PROUD of you!!! You have braved a lonely, cold, flat; drunken flatmates; tedious schoolwork and well-meaning family and still outwitted Tricky Dicky
                    So, on behalf of Byrdie and the newbies nest, I bestow upon you, the coveted, thirty day hat-

:day5:

In addition, Stella sends a snow-covered chook-feather
                    Carry on, R.C.

"I am one drink away from never being sober again for the rest of my life."

AF since 10/1/12
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well good morning Nesters!!!!

RC is awesome today, 30 days AF :yay:
                      It's been a joy getting to know you!

Greetings to everyone & welcome to Phan
                      Make yourself comfortable in the nest & get back to us with your plan.

JJ, have a great time!

I hope to de-decorate my house today......getting tired of looking at Christmas stuff.
                      Wishing everyone a great AF Monday.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow!!! Just saw over in the roll call thread that our friend, Belles has completed 7 days AF!!! Way to go, Belles!!!!
                        The entire nest joins me in extending a congratulatory full moon!!!:moon:
                        Well done, Belles!!! What a way to begin the new year!!!
                        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aw, Star... THANK YOU. :l My 2nd 30 day stint. My last? Let's not think that way... one mo at a time. And tonight is CERTAINLY gonna be one mo at a time. One mo at a time (and long may this AF time last).

I've written it numerous times today on the boards... just getting myself prepped perhaps... but tonight I am a bit fearful of. It's not so much the drink... but the drunkenness of others, and me perhaps being tired. And it's not a place I can easily skittle away to a quiet bed. But I want to experience it - even if it is a bitty hellish.

POA: Gonna leave in a couple of mo's. I will buy some AF beer, I also have other soft drinks. And then to arrive and, well, beyond that it is simply not to drink... maybe meet new people... see peeps i aint seen since the last hootenanny... and well, nae drink.

I'm hoping my phone gets some reception out there in the highland wilderness, just so i can pop on here if needs be. Otherwise to all you nesters,

HAPPY HOGMANAY!

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS RC!

Whether your first or second 30 day stint, they add up to better health and understanding of ourselves. The less time intoxicated, the better for many reasons. For all or any reason we grab for the drink, you have managed twice to run the race and make it past markers.

Cheers (I'm having a cup of hot cocoa for breakfast.)

Slay
                            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

A relative went to a 'gong' house in Aberdeen Scotland about a month ago. She loved it. Anyone been to Aberdeen or the gong house?

Love,

Slay
                              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! And happy new years eve!! Tonight im goona stay home and watch harry potter and some netflixs and stay warm and sober to start the new year off right! Have a great day!
                                ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Working...
                                X