Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Patrick;1435137 wrote: Dont worry Kuya ,I had a tb mare myself, ex polo horse so I enjoy a good ride as well.:H
    You just couldn't let it pass, cud ya ? :H:H

Tis just gone 4 am New Year's Day ...... Back from a party with friends and family. Most were drinking but not everyone, one or two drank too much but it was fine. We danced ..... A lot! We set off fireworks after watching the display over the Sky tower in downtown Auckland.

And at one point someone who didn't know me said ' how are you getting home ?' When I said I was driving he advised me to call a taxi and was amazed when I said I was sober!

You don't need booze to let your hair down and have a good time..... Believe me.

At the end when most went home we played 'sing star ' very loudly and I wiped the floor wiv em ! :H:H

It was cool and fun and a fantastic way to see in my first year sober.

If you are partying later ..... Enjoy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belles-I'm am sleeping like no one's buisness lately! Woo Hoo, I love it.

Happy day everyone! Good to see everyone checking in.

My Hubs is still (and always will be a smoker & drinker) but is so supportive of me. I made a comment last night that NYD would be a deep cleaning day. He said "not with the hangover you're gonna have" and smiled and winked at me knowing that would not be the case.

The other night we were discussing my sobriety and I started listing off all the wonderful joys such as no hangovers, remembering the night before, excelling at my profession, waking up fresh and rested, remebering our conversations, how relaxed I am, not calling in sick on Mondays, not having to hide bottles, not even bitchy, etc and his comment was "I'm still waiting to hear the benefits" as he smiled at me. Love it! He's so proud of me.

Everyone, stay strong, dig in your heels, eat, eat, eat and eat some more. Do whatever it takes. As K9 says when you wake tomorrow you will not regret having not drank tonight.

Good day.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Woke up with a tooth ache and of course the dentist is out of office but I left a message on her emergency cell...just get antibiotics until Wednesday and I should be OK....
        Off to run some errands. Looking forward to actually staying awake long enough to see the ball drop. going to put a fake log in the fireplace and watch that burn..predicting more snow so a good night to stay home.
        Day 5 and feeling pretty good..
        Dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC congratulations!

Welcome Phan, read back a while on any of the "continuing" threads to get to know about this place.

JingleJo, your plans sound wonderful, and you sound so positve about it. I am fascinated by the contradiction of knowing all along (even while drinking) that I was destined to be AF, but having a real drinking problem. Getting rid of that contradiction is like breaking the chains of bondage.

Overit, it sounds like you have a plan, good for you! Listing those wonderful joys is a key to finding gratitude.

Almostfree, ODAT, Slay, Kuya, Dottie, Byrdie (hope all is well), Lavande, and everyone else checking in, have a wonderful AF new years eve! NOT drinking on NYE is the new cool thing to do.
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC,

awesome job mate. Now you know how hard it is to start on day 1 so here is to the 1st 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALLAN
            AF since 1st Sep 2012
            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,

I hope you are doing well. Please check in when you get a minute.

Thinking of you.

ALLAN
              AF since 1st Sep 2012
              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1435236 wrote: Wow!!! Just saw over in the roll call thread that our friend, Belles has completed 7 days AF!!! Way to go, Belles!!!!
                The entire nest joins me in extending a congratulatory full moon!!!:moon:
                Well done, Belles!!! What a way to begin the new year!!!
                :H:H:H Thank you!
                Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Que the 3 oclock voices....how the hell do they know what time it is? No matter. I belive a yummy snack is in order!
                  ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone!!! Our friend, Almost Free also has 30 days and has earned a 30 day congratulatory hat.
                    AF- we are SO proud of you!!! You have now conquered every day of the month, the holiday season and personal trial and have come through with flying colors. That's the way to show 'em AF. And now, dear one, here is your hat!:bday3: Wear it with pride, Love !!
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks so much Star. I really appreciate it. First hat ever, here. And after three long years of trying to get 30 days, after blowing two years of sobriety. This hat means a lot. I owe it all to the wonderful people on MWO. Here's to a completely AF 2013!
                      AF since 12/2/12
                      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Many congratulations Almost! Well deserved accolades!:jumpin:
                        And Happy New Year to everyone in the nest!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Odat-Everyday I get a hankerin' to take my pill, and I look at the clock and it's right about 3:00 everyday, sometimes 4:00.

I don't actually take my little white angel in the am because:
                          1) I read that it can make you sleepy, so I wait until later in the day
                          2) I read that it can juice up my caffiene so I wait unitl later in the day after I don't drink anymore
                          3) It does give me power during that period of time when I would start to have the voices, so I pop my pill then and that shuts them up

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks so much New Day. How is everything going with you? Hope you have a great New Year, too. I liked Pinecone's quote: NOT drinking on New Year's Eve is now the new, cool thing to do. I actually feel that way today, instead of feeling resentful and deprived. How great it is going to feel tomorrow, to get up and feel good, not to be filled with remorse, depression, hopelessness. Not shaking and sweating, and knowing that I will be going out for more booze, to keep the withdrawals at bay. Not starting over again.
                            AF since 12/2/12
                            http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Almost-you sound very grounded. I appreciate you. I hope all is going well with you.

Happy New Year!

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Almost! I'll be following in your footsteps...:goodjob:
                                Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Working...
                                X