Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS, ALMOST FREE!

Wow, time flies. It's been 30 days already and look what you've come through without a drop. You are a brave strong woman. Shall we open up a tough broads AF club? lol

Have a Happy and Safe New Years all. My daughter is coming over. We had lunch out today and I walked out of her pet store with a Chinchilla. Cutest thing and quite acclimated already. He's my new relationship. LOL!!! So my New Years Eve will be spent watching the Blood+ series my daughter likes and/or a movie and playing with the New Chinchilla. This creature chews everything, so the name will likely be Chewy or Chubaka.

Love,

Slay
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Overit, Happy New Year to you, too. I am contemplating also going nicotine free after today. I had quit for over 20 years, but took it up again, to help me stop drinking. This was just before my two years of sobriety. I just couldn't stay sober, and after innumerable attempts, finally started to smoke again, as a substitute and a crutch.

I have to say that it did give me something to do, when I certainly would have gone for a drink, so I think it did help me. But I fell off the wagon three years ago and then had two addictions. Time to quit again.

I don't want to put too much on myself, where it jeopardizes my sobriety, because that HAS to come first, but many people on MWO have achieved both. I feel I can, too, even if it takes a few tries or putting it off for a day or two. Don't want to obsess about it or set myself up for a slip. AF has to be priority one.
      AF since 12/2/12
      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, cross-posted. Also, got side tracked for a few minutes on the phone.

Thanks Belles, You are doing great! I actually feel great about spending New Year's Eve sober, for once. Tomorrow morning will be a time of gratitude, instead of remorse, depression and hopelessness. A much better way to start a new year, for a change.

Hey, Slay, I think that's a great idea: the Tough Broads AF Club. LOL. There are a lot of tough broads on MWO!

That is sooo neat, getting a new puppy. I wish I could have one, but I can't have a pet where I am right now. (I'm already stressing what to do about the stray cat I've been feeding, the four raccoons, the squirrels, the flock of little birds, before I leave). Why do I do this?!? I just feel sorry for them, going hungry, especially when it's cold and raining. I just love animals.

I'm sure your new chinchilla will bring you lots of happiness. Glad you are spending the evening with your daughter and the new addition to your household. Have a great New Year!
        AF since 12/2/12
        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

The Tough Broads AF Club
          I would like to apply & of course Stella too :H :H

CONGRATS today to Belles & Almost!
          1 week, 1 month = great work!!!!!

Slay, will you be able to teach the chinchilla to sit? :H
          Have fun with your new pet.

Sitting here watching CNN......fiscal cliff stuff & all that
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Almost and Belles!
            Hey Lav! I love the idea of the Tough Broads AF Club. May I join?
            Happy New Year Tough Broads!
            :notes:
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations to Belles and AlmostFree! Fantastic achievments, both of you!

Lavande, if you understand any of that cliff stuff then you are definately a tough broad!

Anyone out there stuggling right now, just sit back and struggle through it. Picture yourself with that cup of coffee or tea in the morning and ZERO regrets about anything! We get stronger by repeating little moments of success over and over again. Happy new year to all my friends here!
              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fecking tooth ache is killing me....dentist called in an antibiotic....just pull the dam thing already....aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I saw this on FB today ~ thought I'd share
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry Dottie.
                    Got any Advil or anything?
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep Lav, taking as much Advil as the box will allow....not helping.....
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie - check your PM box
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks Lav!!
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

96 days and counting. Happy New Year, everyone, from me and my spiced cider!

:thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done to Belles and Almost Free......grand job.

AF..... How is your son doing?

Comment

Newbies Nest

limonada - WOW on 96 days! Great work

Kuya, shouldn't you be sleeping or something? It's 11 pm at my house....still waiting on the new year

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest & a very happy & healthy 2013!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X