Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy New Year

Waiting for my coffee to kick in properly Hippy before I can happy dance :H :H
    But Congrats to you on day 99!!!!!!!

Moni, I sure hope this new year brings you much comfort & joy.

I'll be back later - wishing everyone a fantastic AF 1st day of the year
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1435737 wrote: I saw this on FB today ~ thought I'd share
      Lav, I think I shared that on my fb page from my home screen. I know I've seen it on fb before...caught my eye as it is true. Slaythefear...Tough Broads AF Club! What some of us have been through qualifies us ten times over.

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

?We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.?
      ― Edith Lovejoy Pierce

?Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.?
      ― Oprah Winfrey

A CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU ON YOUR AF TIME.

You all are doing so well in the nest. There are some big numbers blossoming in this place. It brings a smile of hope for all in this new year.

Love,

Slay
      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a moment to update...thanks to everyone for the good wishes. I rushed in on Sunday as we thought Daddy was about to pass...He got the flu, then pneumonia, then sepsis, then double pneumonia, and kidney failure. He is 89. He is still fighting for his life, unfortunately, he is not going to make it. This is agonizing for us all....He was down to two breaths per minute last night and this morning he is at 17, all his vital signs are better than mine...it is nuts to know he's dying, but he just looks like he is sleeping peacefully...this is THE hardest thing I have ever done...and THANK GOD I am sober to do it. Stay sober, nesters....it is THE most important thing you can do. I will try and keep you posted but it's difficult....none of us have slept...
        Hope everyone is staying strong...I didn't have a chance to read back at all....love to you....Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

One day free from unmerciful Alcohol. And a New Year full of hope. MWO site is a gift that I did not see coming, but am so grateful to receive. Congrats to All who have found their way out. You are providing light for the rest of us.
          Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
          pointed the way
          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie :l
            We are all with you in spirit, I hope you know that!
            It sounds like your Dad is comfortable & that's a good thing. Providing comfort measures at this stage is all we can do when people get to that stage. It's th ebest thing, really. Take good care of yourself :l

Tess, good for you. Grab onto our coat tails, we are happy to guide you
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back to day 1. I feel so bad, and all I want right now is a freakin' drink to feel better. I don't know if taking Antabuse has been the best idea or not. Every time I think I can try to stay sober on my own, I drink myself silly to make up for lost time. I guess I just need to realize that I may be taking this little white pill for a very long time. And I need to NEVER skip a day - either by accident or intentionally. I'm very weak right now, and giving myself the opportunity to drink is a MAJOR mistake.

So I rang in 2013 drunk, and today I'm hungover. Day 1s really suck, but I know for a fact that Day 2 will be better, and by Day 4, I will be fully back on track on this sober road.

So cheers to 2013 everyone.

And Byrdie, my heart is aching for you. I'm glad you are able to be there with your father.

Comment

Newbies Nest

i have been looking forward to this day for a few weeks now. I was almost 90 days sober when Sandy hit.....no lights, no heat, no phone, no TV, no nothing to keep me distracted led me right back to the bottle. It took no time at all to get back to the old self destructing routine. Too many parties, too many excuses to not stop. So with this New Year, I will be sober. Hungover today, like rooni.....but tomorrow will be better, and so on, and so on...

This time I have even told my kids that I am stopping. So, I am not going to hide it from anyone. All the wine is poured down the drain.

I can't wait to feel better, lose weight, sleep better, have more time to live (because living drunk is not living at all) be more healthy, more productive at work, and at peace with myself. I was on a good roll last fall and I look forward to getting there again.

Happy New Year!!!
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie - :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie - I have been where you are and it is hard. I was watching a movie this Christmas Season, the third installment of "The Christmas Shoes" and there was a beautiful dialogue in it that made me so peaceful about losing my Best Friend, my mom a few years back. A child is dying and another child asks an adult,"Why is God taking him?" The adult replies, "God isn't taking him, He is receiving him." I found this comforting and I hope you will also.

Roonie - Remember how it felt to have to type DAY 1 on the Newbies Nest today. Use this feeling to help you! I find that a few times when I was tempted to drink, surprisingly enough, that stopped me.

Moni - I just went and read your past posts because I wasn't sure of your story. I am so glad you are here in the Newbies Nest with us. I really do enjoy your posts and they do help me, as much as everyone elses'. (elses' isn't a word apparently but I don't know what else to type)

Tess - MWO is truly a gift sent to all of us. It is like reading a good book. If the author has done his/her job you feel like you know the people. There are some book series that when I was done, I missed spending time with them. I do not know the people on MWO people in person but feel that they are someone I enjoy spending time with.
                    AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1436221 wrote: i have been looking forward to this day for a few weeks now. I was almost 90 days sober when Sandy hit.....no lights, no heat, no phone, no TV, no nothing to keep me distracted led me right back to the bottle. It took no time at all to get back to the old self destructing routine. Too many parties, too many excuses to not stop. So with this New Year, I will be sober. Hungover today, like rooni.....but tomorrow will be better, and so on, and so on...

This time I have even told my kids that I am stopping. So, I am not going to hide it from anyone. All the wine is poured down the drain.

I can't wait to feel better, lose weight, sleep better, have more time to live (because living drunk is not living at all) be more healthy, more productive at work, and at peace with myself. I was on a good roll last fall and I look forward to getting there again.

Happy New Year!!!
                      90 days wow good for you! So, you know you can do it. Get yourself healthy and then think of making a plan ahead of time in case you have another event in your life (hopefully not a hurricane) that will make you want to drink again. :welcome: I told everyone this time too. That has also made me accountable. That really has helped along with MWO supporters.
                      Have a good and SOBER day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone......I'm hopping back into the Nest. I may not be able to keep up with everyone here, as this thread moves fast. Will check in often though

Byrdie....It is a very difficult and emotional time for you.....wishing you and your family the best. Take care.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi New Day I hope you are well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes Nanette, I'm fine. Had not committed myself in my own mind to go AF New Year's Eve ....but I was only on day 5 so thought I'd start the count fresh with the new year.
                            I had a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and after last night, but didn't feel like staying up until midnight and opening champagne, so went to bed at 10:30.
                            Feel fine today and with renewed energy to try and get my first 30 days AF this month. I've not gone longer than 8 days, so it will be a new challenge!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brydie...:l:h. Loss is something we all must suffer through and yet it can be so hard to handle emotionally.

I'm taking down Christmas decorations today. It has that bitter sweet feeling as I'm happy to be done with the holidays, and yet it marks the last year I will have someone in my life. So many things remind you of those you lose. Even if the loss is something that can be a positive, it still brings sadness with it. Change is a constant in life whether positive or negative. Some things we have power over and some things we don't. Those we don't have power over are the ones we have the most difficulty accepting.

On the brighter side, I'm changing things around for a little different look and will buy a few new things to add to my new direction. I'm, also, child proofing my place a bit because my new Chinchilla is a little rascal...chew, chew chew...like a little baby you have to watch he doesn't hurt himself. NO, DON`T CALL ME GRANDMA!!!! Not yet!~

For all of you on Day 1 or early on, I feel success in your future. If you want it bad enough, hang tough, grab some hands and battle your way though to success. Time to unload the demon on your shoulder.

Love,

Slay
                              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

it marks the last year I will have someone in my life.

Slay.....maybe for the time being.....but don't rule out meeting someone worthy of you. In the meantime enjoy Chewy!:l

Comment

Working...
                                X