Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hi guys how's everyone doing? I've not been in the best for a while, I'm back on day one and very lonely and emotional right now. I know I will probably feel better after a good nights sleep but I have work tomorrow so not looking forward to that

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Fallen Angel! You, New Day, and I are all three on day 1. We can do this. I'm just looking forward to the end of Day 3, when all this poison is out of my body. Then we'll be on our way to getting busy getting sober for good! Hope you feel better, and maybe work won't be so bad after a good night's sleep tonight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Newbies Nest

"Tess - MWO is truly a gift sent to all of us. It is like reading a good book. If the author has done his/her job you feel like you know the people. There are some book series that when I was done, I missed spending time with them. I do not know the people on MWO people in person but feel that they are someone I enjoy spending time with." (a post from Nanette)

Nanette, I have been so ALONE in my struggle with this disease. I have attempted to keep it a secret because I feel ashamed. It is wonderful to have found a group of people who understand the misery of alcoholism -- how alcohol grabs you and won't let you go -- a group of people who are not here to judge but to help as we journey together toward health. I so look forward to getting my life back, to walking upright rather than crawling in the muck, to dancing with joy! Thank you for your encouragement!! :thanks:
        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey roon I am there with you on day 1..sigh....NO MORE...
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey guys day one for a lot of us, together we can do this. it's almost 8pm here so day ones almost over, I just hope I'm not emotional at work tomorrow as its a new job for me. I'm feeling very stressed at the mo so hopefully a good nights sleep will take the edge off

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI all...Make it the most important thing in your life, and you'll be suIccessful....

I only have a sec. Byrdie, my heart aches for you....I was there not so long ago and wish I could help you through this....I did get a text and maybe an email? I have switched to android phone and frankly am quite lost at operating it....and we had the cable technician here for 2 hours yesterday workout out our internet issues. But that doesn't fix the fact that I am fed up with hubby being home and he is ready to go back to work....I can't focus on anything on my own - most importantly this forum - when he is home....

So - lots of people decide to stop drinking on this day.....make the decision to be one of those who makes it their priority and succeeds....
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

And I have a tooth ache...bleh....not a good start to the new year....
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

To all those on day one today, remember days 1-5 are the worst, then it gets easier.

Try to write down somewhere, here or in a diary, how you felt through these days. Check in here often and read, read, read and post often. Later when you start to forget how hard it was and you start fantasising about drinking you can reread to remind yourselves how hard it was.

Drink plenty of water, with a little lemon juice, eat well and keep your tummies FULL, rest and try to avoid conflict.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Thinking of you and your family. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.
                    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi folks,

New here, honoured to be a member of your community. Just wrote my first post in the tell your story thread. Determined to knock my drinking on the head for good, starting from today. Hope to be here for a long time to come - I'm going clean for 2013! :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie...... As always, even in this, the worst of moments, you share to help others. Luv ya Hun :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening kids

Hello & welcome Believe7!
                          Glad you found the nest, please settle in for as long as you like
                          Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it right from the Health store here on the site.
                          Here's a link to the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html which is full of ideas to help you put your plan together. Wishing you the best!

I hope Byrdie knows that we are all thinking of her today :l

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the Nest, Believe7. There are several of us starting a day 1 again. I found it very helpful to read some very insightful posts here and on other threads.
                            It helps to know there are others that have struggled as we are and they were successful in their quest to be AF. It doesn't happen overnight but there are many helpful people here that share their time and wisdom to help us along.

Comment

Newbies Nest

so right, new day....There are many of us that say it over and over but we WERE there....I didn't try again and again on this site - but I sure as heck tried on an almost daily basis, to quit - on my own - for years and years. I'd wake up in that awful panic in the middle of the night, and even think about waking up my husband and admit it...tell him that I had a problem - but I would chicken out. And then by morning, of course, I'd be halfway to talking myself into drinking again....It seemed sooo very hard at first. But I am so thankful that I stopped when I did....

hang in there everybody - like kuya said, those first few days are the toughest....
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have never been so behind on nest duties...and I haven't read back at all...I'm so sorry...wanted to tap out a quick note.
                                Daddy is still holding on. I know where I get my fighting spirit. He's had kidney failure for 5 days, sepsis, double pneumonia and is only taking 2 breaths a minute, yet he continues to fight.
                                As agonizing as this has been to watch, I know the worst is yet to come....
                                We are beyond exhausted...but if Daddy can do it, so can we.
                                I am using many of the skills I learned right here in this nest. We are taking it one minute at a time, and one day at a time.
                                Stay strong, nesters, Thank God I am not battling another demon today. If for no other reason than this day, I am so proud I am sober. If I can do this, I know you can, too. Love, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X