Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Great Post Nannette. I can completely relate and I have been telling people this time around that I've quit drinking. If it's someone who does not know me personally, I tell them it's for health reasons.

Star & Moni - thanks for your encouragement, I think a lot of us can relate to the drinking routine.
    Tess - hang in there - we can get through these early days and be long term AF'ers!

Byrdie - I hope you and your family are okay. You are a great source of inspiration for this nest.
    Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Believe7;1436438 wrote: Hi folks,

New here, honoured to be a member of your community. Just wrote my first post in the tell your story thread. Determined to knock my drinking on the head for good, starting from today. Hope to be here for a long time to come - I'm going clean for 2013! :new:
      How are you today?
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters. Heaven received a beautiful man this morning at 10:55. I know this is a forum for AL, but if I may share what happened...
        After 5 days of bedside vigil...we were talking this morning...the subject of Daddy's whiskers came up....they were getting long. Sister suggested we shave him, as he'd never want to be seen looking so wooly...Daddy shaved every night watching tv with an electric razor (the only person I knew with a razor on the side table of the den). After much discussion on this, hubs goes back to our hotel and grabs his razor and comes back about 10 minutes later...we take the oxygen mask off and start to shave him and God as my witness, he tried to help us...you know how you hold your mouth when doing the chin area? That's what he did!!! And he coughed a little...I was terrified he was waking up again, but sister told him to go ahead and cough...'Cough for us, Daddy' and HE DID! And that was his last breath. I can't believe the way it happened. As if he weren't going out the door until he was presentable!! I am going to miss his gentle. loving spirit. RIP Daddy.

I am so proud to be sober at this important time. You never know when life is going to ask you to do impossible things. I'm glad I was ready. It has been worth it. Thank you all so much for your wonderful words of comfort. I hope you know how much it means to me.

I will catch up and read each and every post when I get home. Love you all, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Byrdie...I am so happy you were there with him...he knew how much he was loved!!! :h:h:h
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie :l :l :l

Just as K9 said! Love you and love to all your family. You are such an amazing person. We're all thinking of you here, but take time for yourself too, Byrdie. :h:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie-that is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Hugs to you and your family.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie -Thank you so much for trusting us with your story. We will be here for you whenever you need us. Just as you have been here for so many.
                AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie thank you for sharing with us...Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
                  Dottie
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Byrdie :l
                    So sorry for your loss, but knowing you, we can all tell what a wonderful man he was to have raised such a caring daughter. Thanks for sharing your story with us. We love you:h:h
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love to you & your family Byrdie!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok day 2 ers (and anyone) what is our plan for getting home today? I packed chocolate chop cookies and green tea to warm me up! My 3 oclock voices are chattering away. I wont tell ypu what theirs saying but it sure is conviencing. Grrrrr go away voices!
                        ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Odat-I would try taking another way home also. Maybe not the whole way, but go around the block the other way, etc.

Me? I'm heading to the gym for an hour of @ss sweating Zumba!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Newbies Nest

There is no way I can go that would not take me past my liquior store exit, I did think about gping to the mall n walking around it twice which is 2 miles, it would b a change anyway.
                            ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Odat-that would be great. Get your mind calmed down from your day, relax, veg a little in your head, breathe.....that sounds wonderful. Just leave your purse in the car. LOLOLOLOL

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie....I know how hard this has been. You are an amazing strong woman, just like your dad. I am so sorry this has come so out of the blue but happy you were there sober and present to honour him.
                                Take some care of you now. Xox

Comment

Working...
                                X