Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, I know how proud of you your dad was - and he didn't even know the impact that you've had on so many lives right here. :l

Be prepared for the onslaught of emotions...I kept a little written journal the weeks after my mom died and it helped me so much to sort things out in my head.

:h
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, the nesters really love you!
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1437327 wrote: Byrdie, I know how proud of you your dad was - and he didn't even know the impact that you've had on so many lives right here. :l

Be prepared for the onslaught of emotions...I kept a little written journal the weeks after my mom died and it helped me so much to sort things out in my head.

:h
        I agree that journaling is a wonderful way to get those emotions out. Also, in the future you will have a great way to look back and see how you are healing.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC - your post was meaningful for me.

"better a sunny sober hum drum day than a dumb drunken bummed out day." For me, and I think plenty of others, it's a big part of the "allure" of alcohol. Everyday life can "seem" boring compared to the false memory of when we were drinking. But give me boring any day....especially when I take a moment to reflect on what it really was like drinking. Talk about monotony. thinking of nothing but drinking....feeling nothing but shitty....having no energy....yuck.

RC, did you go back to work yet?

I just had 4 deer run across the road right in front of me on the way to school....it scares the heck out of me to think what would have happened two years ago. I would have still had alcohol in my system from drinking last night, and during the night, and quite possibly would have had a gulp when I got up. Reflexes would not have been up to par - to say the least.

Everyone have a fantastic AF day!
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1437333 wrote: RC - your post was meaningful for me.

"better a sunny sober hum drum day than a dumb drunken bummed out day."
            For me, and I think plenty of others, it's a big part of the "allure" of alcohol. Everyday life can "seem" boring compared to the false memory of when we were drinking. But give me boring any day....especially when I take a moment to reflect on what it really was like drinking. Talk about monotony. thinking of nothing but drinking....feeling nothing but shitty....having no energy....yuck.

RC, did you go back to work yet?

I just had 4 deer run across the road right in front of me on the way to school....it scares the heck out of me to think what would have happened two years ago. I would have still had alcohol in my system from drinking last night, and during the night, and quite possibly would have had a gulp when I got up. Reflexes would not have been up to par - to say the least.

Everyone have a fantastic AF day!
            There is a wonderful book that takes about how animals come across our paths as teachers. It's by Ted Andrews and is called Animals Speak. The book would suggest that those deer had a message for you. Where you listening?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I WAS hippy....:-). I said to my son afterward - I think that means this is going to be a lucky day for us. If we had met up with them a split second earlier we may not have been so lucky. But then when I got home and thought more about it and wrote about it here, I realized there was so much more to the message and about how my life has changed in the past year and a half. That split second might have not even made a difference back then.

Thanks for the book info.
              ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1437350 wrote: I WAS hippy....:-). I said to my son afterward - I think that means this is going to be a lucky day for us. If we had met up with them a split second earlier we may not have been so lucky. But then when I got home and thought more about it and wrote about it here, I realized there was so much more to the message and about how my life has changed in the past year and a half. That split second might have not even made a difference back then.

When I see deer it makes me think about what deer are. Gentle, quite, alert etc. What of those can I use in my life at that moment? Am I being gentle to myself? Am I paying attention to my surrounds? Deer have many things to teach us. They are such gentle creatures.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Deer are gentle creatures Hippy except for when they are chewing the tops off of my semi-dwarf fruit trees :H :H

Glad you were alert this morning Lola
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                    Day 3. Feels so good to say that though last night was not pleasant. NIghtmares and deep anxiety feelings in the night. Felt as though I was clinging on to sanity. Morning felt better as the detox continues.
                    Sobriety is its own reward

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning/afternoon/evening to all in the Nest. Day 3 for me as well......feel good this morning, but it is such a battle to get to sleep. I take a few over the counter relaxants to help, but the twitching and almost an itchy feeling drive me bananas for a couple of hours. But with a few hours of AF sleep, I feel much better than with the interrupted sleep of AL induced slumber. No foggy brain and more energy is great!
                      Have a great day everyone. I will be back as late afternoon approaches and my urges increase. I will not drink today

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone :l

Byrdie- we all love you so much and are sending thoughts, prayers and peaceful vibes to you and your family in this difficult time. Stay strong, sweet friend and rest knowing that your daddy was so proud of you and that he is in a better place where he will suffer no more.

To All of those on Day 3- I am SO PROUD of you :goodjob: and almost a lil bit jealous You see, I believe there is strength in numbers and you guys have a great big united front here. Although the first week is really tough, you have a special bond with one another and I think that is great! Also, when you start on the first day of the month, it's easy to keep count of how many days you have LOL!

New Day, I also was itchy for a while, right there at the beginning. I think that's normal. Just think that its all those toxins leaving your body- for good!

Hi Lav, Lola, Hippy, Kairos- and all. Hope you all have an Awesome AF day!
                        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters, just a quick fly by....I still haven't had a chance to read back...but wanted to share this with anyone struggling....Please hang in there...build up your time. TIME is what it takes to build up immunity to this dam disease. I will tell you honestly, not one time have I wished I could drink this situation away...NOT ONE TIME! It took me some time to get here, and it will take time for you, too....but we have time, so invest in yourself and stay sober no matter what and not matter who. I am so glad I did. I am reaping the benefits of my hard work now. THIS IS THE REWARD for fighting those awful cravings and near cave-ins. I promise you....you can get here, too if you believe in yourself. Love to all, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

The twitching and itching do go away. The fog lifts. It will get better but it's really hard work. Stay The course everyone and keep checking in!
                            ~nurdl
                            :notes:
                            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 3 here too and between the tooth and detoxing I want to run away...now I cant log into work so will probably have to drive in...
                              Think I am going to pull the darn tooth...spend $$$ trying to save the tooth then lose it anyway..does not make sense to anyone but the dentist making the money...pull it..now I need to find someone to do it.
                              Dottie
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippyman;1437335 wrote: There is a wonderful book that takes about how animals come across our paths as teachers. It's by Ted Andrews and is called Animals Speak. The book would suggest that those deer had a message for you. Where you listening?
                                lolab;1437350 wrote: I WAS hippy....:-). I said to my son afterward - I think that means this is going to be a lucky day for us. If we had met up with them a split second earlier we may not have been so lucky. But then when I got home and thought more about it and wrote about it here, I realized there was so much more to the message and about how my life has changed in the past year and a half. That split second might have not even made a difference back then.

Hippyman;1437356 wrote:
                                When I see deer it makes me think about what deer are. Gentle, quite, alert etc. What of those can I use in my life at that moment? Am I being gentle to myself? Am I paying attention to my surrounds? Deer have many things to teach us. They are such gentle creatures.
                                Ummm.... about 4 years ago I was driving home late at night. I was sober. Had not drunk since the previous day most likely... and I remember thinking that when I got home, I would quite like a cup of tea (note: NOT a beer).

Then a young deer suddenly ran out in front of my car. BAM. I struck the deer and killed the poor thing.

I don't know what that deer was trying to teach me... I wasn't speeding, I wasn't drinking/drunk, I wasn't taking anything else... I was just driving home after work. Needless to say when I got home I had a couple of beers. To calm the nerves.

I do like how you've interpreted the situation Lolab.

Comment

Working...
                                X