Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Quick fly by....All is well under the circumstances. Daddy's service is tomorrow, and heading home after that. It will be good to get back home.
    I look forward to reading back and catching up with everyone, I've missed you all very much. Don't worry about AL here....I just don't have the urge to ruin my life again. Love to all, stay strong and do whatever it takes to stay sober on this day. Love you, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1437968 wrote: Quick fly by....All is well under the circumstances. Daddy's service is tomorrow, and heading home after that. It will be good to get back home.
      I look forward to reading back and catching up with everyone, I've missed you all very much. Don't worry about AL here....I just don't have the urge to ruin my life again. Love to all, stay strong and do whatever it takes to stay sober on this day. Love you, Byrdie
      Sorry for just landing in here all - but when I saw you posting Byrdie I just had to say hi! I know we've 'spoken' by PM, but I really want to express my sympathies again to you and your family - and I hope the strength and serenity you've found in your sobriety will stand to you now lovely lady:l
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy-wasn't it you yesterday that was talking about a book about animals talking to us, showing us things? Can you give me the title and author again?

Hi everyone, BBL when I get to work.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1437968 wrote: Quick fly by....All is well under the circumstances. Daddy's service is tomorrow, and heading home after that. It will be good to get back home.
          Will be thinking of you. :l

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where would I find the discussion on the Jason Vale book? I started it last night and I'm curious to read others opinions.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

A proper good morning, all :l

Hey Fin:l so good to see you! I have been thinking of you alot and hoping your holidays were good!
              Cat- Wow! I can't imagine your strength to ride around in the company of a wine bottle and not even remember it's there! That's amazing progress! Thanks for showing us what we have to look forward to!
              Welcome, SweetPea! Eight days is GREAT and around these parts, we show our admiration to those achieving 7 days AF by giving them a great big full moon :moon: We are so glad you have joined us and look forward to getting to know you better.
              Kairos, New Day, Honeysoup and Tess (and all those on day 4)- I (We) are SO PROUD of you:goodjob: Four Days is AWESOME and the issues you are feeling (lack of sleep, crankiness, cravings, etc) are perfectly normal and just a part of the process. Just keep up the good work, stay close to the nest, take care of yourselves and take one day at a time. You can do it!
              Good Morning, Lav and Lola and thanks for checking in
              Thoughts and Prayers are with you, Byrdie :h
              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday Nesters!

Byrdie...I'll be thinking of you tomorrow...hang in there sweet lady and know that we love you! :h

I have to share this quick story...last night my daughter and I were at the drug store looking around to kill time (like with alcohol, the first few days of not smoking I have to stay out of the house for a while). So my daughter kept going back to this nail polish that she liked a lot but it was more than I wanted to pay, so we left it there (or so she thought). We were checking out and I told her "you can go get in the car"...so she went and I paid. When we got to the car she said "You didn't sneak something in did you?" and I said "Well why are you asking me that?" and she said "I'm only asking because I care about you" and I said "What are you talking about?" and she said "Whenever you send me to the car, you sneak cigarettes in"....then it hit me, that IS the store I used to buy cigs at the counter and yes she's right, I'd scoot her off so she didn't see me. So I said "You caught me, I DID sneak something in" and I pulled out the nail polish she'd been wanting and she was so happy...I told her "It didn't even occur to me to sneak in cigarettes!" LOL I was so happy that I did NOT disappoint her again. I think I may have made a breakthrough because I honestly did not even think about buying cigs. Ok, well there's my not-so-short story. lol

Hope you all have a great sober Friday. Stay strong...weekends are just days, and thoughts are just thoughts!

K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 4 and feeling a little rough with it being Friday and all.
                  I am off to the dental consult to see what they think about the tooth. Of course today it is not hurting..so we shall seee.
                  Back later,
                  Dottie
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

What a SWEET story, K9! You are a doll, and so is your daughter! :thanks: for sharing that! And btw, having 4 dtrs of my own, I KNOW about the price of nail polish these days uchy:
                    I hope she enjoys it!

Dottie- so glad at least your tooth is not hurting today! Good luck at the dentist's office.

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

overit it was Animal Speak by Ted Andrews.

moni, was there a specific discussion you were looking for? I know the books been discussed many times here...and I know that unwasted started a good thread a while back...I will look for that one in a bit...as I'm running out.

K9 I loved the nail polish story!!!
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - That is an awesome story and such great progress! I remember reading your stories when you were struggling way back when and how much your daughter means to you. That was probably such a breakthrough for you in both your hearts. I am so happy for the both of you!

Good job!
                        Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

What a great story K9! I love success stories like that.

I'm home alone this evening as my husband had to go down south to help out his elderly parents for the weekend. He called me on the way and asked me to please not drink just because he wasn't around. It's amazing how much others notice our addictive habits...anyway, I promised him I would not and I'm not.

Have a wonderful AF evening everyone! It's rainy and cold here but that's okay - good tea weather.
                          Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks guys (well girls...lol), the more I thought about it later, the happier I was that I didn't disappoint her again. There she was sitting in the car thinking I was buying cigarettes =( The nail polish made her feel better though...and yeah, what's up with nail polish being $7.99? It doesn't last any longer than the 99cent brands...it still chips in 1-2 days. But she HAD to have this particular shade. Believe you me, I walked around the whole store comparing it with cheaper brands, but nope, there wasn't the EXACT shade. And that's what I do to forget about smoking! LOL
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah, hon! They are PROUD of that nail polish! LOL!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, I guess it will last longer than a pack of ciggies- huh?

08-13-15

Comment

Working...
                                X