Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Bryd

Nice to see you back, Brydie. I haven't been in the nest much lately, but noted you posted. I hope your heart heals quickly and you carry all the greatness of your memories with your dad with you throughout your life as strength. I lost my dad several years back. I dread the day I have to face that with my mom.:l:h

Love,

Slay
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just stopping by to say hi! There are a lot of new peeps in the nest what a wonderful thing. This place is jumping! Keep checking in. This is a very caring place thanks to the nest minders. So pull up a twig, strap yourselves in and enjoy the ride. It keeps getting better!
      ~nurdl
      :notes:
      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nurdl my dear ..Ive cured your left arm upright syndrome!!!!

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9746/84868122.jpg
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

How's that possible Mickster?
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Easy my dear Watson..even cleaned the car too!!:H:H
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

You're being a pest M. . How was your day? Out early to do something mysterious?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Eve'ning Nesters....I had quite a bit of time to think on my way home...I was trying to figure out the secret of long term sobriety. I feel like Curly on 'City Slickers' when I say I think it comes down to one thing. I want to say 'mind over matter' but that's not it...it isn't will power, and it isn't support at home (many of us did it in spite of the fact our partners continue to drink). I think the key is when you take the CHOICE to drink off the map. Freewill is what separates us from the apes....and they don't drink. When we drink it is because we are CHOOSING to do it. No one forced it down my throat....
                So if you consider that drinking AL is absolutely toxic to us, and remove the decision, I think that's when you can find success. I'm thinking of starting a thread to that effect, to see if some of the others can comment on this. Like if you found yourself on the edge of a cliff, to stay alive, you would not step further...AL is like that. The sneaky bastard makes us think we DO have a choice...that's where we get in trouble.
                This is totally my opinion, but it works for me. Drinking is not an option. Zero Tolerance. A policy that has served me well so far.
                Hope everyone is having a safe night in the nest....hugs to all. Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for that, Byrdie. And welcome back. You've been in all of our thoughts and prayers lately.

One thing that amazes me is how I suddenly "forget" how bad drinking is when I start thinking about doing it again. I mean, I have posted lists of the worst moments of drinking in my life on the wall, I've gone back and read "day one" posts when I was in complete and utter misery, but even then, I can STILL convince myself that this time will be different - that that was then and this is now - the new responsible drinker. See, watch me prove it....

What a crock of caca.

I like your idea of zero tolerance. That way there's no negotiation. No convincing yourself that this time will be different. It doesn't matter, because the option is not on the table - PERIOD.

Thank you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Still a newb here at day 359 .

Cravings/ drink thoughts won't kill or harm you, just grind them out stare at the ceiling all day, do not worry about feeling bored these feelings pass , go to war with them Do not give in to that voice asking you to Poisen yourself.

Years ago people drank and drugged to be be rebellious . I honestly believe it is now so cool and rebellious to be stone cold sober .

Sober is simplicity and liberating.

The further you get sober the more you feel and see the benefits.

Think for yourself, do not care what people think or say because you do not drink.

Remember, they need to drink you don't.

Stay sober peeps.
                    Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

199, how right you are. Allankay says sober is the new drunk. I believe that. I think we are on the edge of a movement. It is NOT cool to be out of your mind or altered. Great point, there. You and I have some big milestones coming up! Well done, B
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, some great posts just now...

Kuya's horse riding analogy, Byrdie's image of going up on the hill and then 199Days post.

It is just great to be here reading sometimes. Let the real you out and finally tap your potential. Grab your brass ring. We all know why we came here, now let's do whatever we can to help each other along. AF life is everything I ever dreamed about (at 3:00 AM... and other times,) and more. We all deserve it after what we've been through. Have a great AF night, friends.
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening greetings Nesters!

Glad you are back home Byrdie, you have been missed

199, it's almost time to plan your 1 year AF celebration - great work

It's true Pinecone, the real 'you' can only shine when AL is totally out of the picture for the majority of us. I don't miss it in the slightest & I am grateful to know that I never ever have to deal with AL again!!!!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Byrdie,

:l:l:l:l:l:l
                            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone. You are probably in bed by now. It seems that I am always behind the posting time. I did not drink and I am still totally AF!!!! I made a whole bunch of notes to make comments to people this morning so if I miss someone I am sorry.

New Day - I am glad to see that you are sticking with your AF plan. Isn't it nice to get the decorations put away and the house cleaned up. I did mine on New Years Day.
                              Sweet Pea- First I love your picture. I love sweet peas sooo much. I wish I could bottle the smell. Day 10 (maybe 11) by the time I have gotten to this. Good for you.
                              Read4This - Thank you for your words of encouragement. If 64 why not 65. Good point.
                              AF - Your story from, Christmas Eve just reminds us why everyone says get the AL out of your house. If you have to go out it gives you time to change your mind because the moment passes.
                              Rooni - You mentioned that you have alot you want to do in 2013. Write these things down. Writing things down will help you keep track of what you accomplish. Also if you see them in writing it makes them real.
                              Pine
                              - I liked your advice about going to bed for a nap. That is just what I did and it really helped.
                              Stella
                              - Welcome Back! Are you trying to do this on your own or do you have support systems around you? MWO is great but it is only part of a larger picture.
                              Lav
                              - I really think that I might check out the meditation tape or see if they have a IPOD downloadable version. I have often thought of meditating. I have a heck of a time quieting my mind.
                              Byrdie
                              - Glad to see you home in the nest safe and sound.

Well that is it for me today on Day 66.
                              AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1438795 wrote: Dear Nanette, I am learning that there are a lot of twists and turns to the disease of alcoholism. I am sincerely, with all of my heart and soul, proud of you!! You have my love and support no matter what happens. No matter what!! You are loved!! And you are Amazing!!
                                Thank you Tess for your kind words. You are really doing well. I hope that you read your posts and see how kind and caring you are and I hope that you will remember how you feel today if you get any thoughts from AL. Care for you as much as you care for others. Sometimes we don't do that. I hope to read your positive posts for some time.
                                AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                                X