Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening all!

Great to see so many sticking to their plans & making real progress toward their goals

Yes, it may be hard at times but it is worth it in the end, I promise

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

Just getting home after school/yoga/long shower... Wow! It's been a busy day in The Nest. All of you are so generous with your kind words and helpful input. :thanks:

I read this morning that someone's eyes were becoming less yellow. (Sorry that I don't remember who wrote it.) My eyes are becoming less yellow too. Amazing! We are healing on many levels.

The My Way Out book that I ordered came in the mail today. I'm excited to read it. However, I have several hours of homework before I can call it a day. By then I will be ready for bed.

Speaking of bedtime, last night I drank a small amount of a protein shake before going to sleep. I slept a little better, so am going to try it again tonight.

odat - Day 3 was horrible for me. Stay strong and keep us posted on your progress.

kuya - where do I find your post on perfectionism?

I wish pleasant dreams for all of my fellow fledglings. enguin:
      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
      pointed the way
      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was wondering why my eyes were yellow! It's been bothering me lately. I hope mine get pretty and white again soon too!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the nest Lotus...... Buckle up, put your feet up and settle in for some sober time

Tess .... That thread is in general and titled BE HUMAN, BE IMPERFECT AND GET SOBER. As a fellow perfectionist there may be some ideas you can relate to.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lotus34;1440200 wrote: I was wondering why my eyes were yellow! It's been bothering me lately. I hope mine get pretty and white again soon too!
            Lotus - our eyes turn yellow when we are destroying our liver with alcohol. Fortunately, the liver wants to heal, and usually will heal, when we stop pouring poison down our throats. Stay strong!! :thumbsup

The man pulling radishes
            pointed the way
            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, day 4 here, feeling pretty good. Sleeping great but waking tired. On to day 5, been a while since a day five, january of last year I believe.

Everyone sounds good. Tess you sound good. I like when routines return to normal. I am not good with transition. I prefer to stay the road I am on rather than turn. Byrdie how are you doing? Lotus welcome. Star, good to see you doing well. Honeysoup, mornings are the best! K9, great advice as usual. Sharky! How the wather out your way? To anyone I forgot Good Morning and have some fun today!

Have a good one everyone! I will be back around 2ish, that is the hardest part of the day.
              ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today I want to focus on being kind to myself. Sure, I am addicted to alcohol, and I've done some really stupid things because of it, but I am still a good person with a big heart. I know that one of the main reasons I want to get sober is to be available for my friends and family. And I've heard many of you say the same thing.

Drinking is really selfish, when you think about it. Your life revolves around you and the bottle. No one can count on you for anything but a good time at the bar.

So, if you are here getting sober, give yourself a pat on the back, and put a smile on your face for quitting this selfish lifestyle. Do something kind for yourself today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Chilly but sunny over my portion of the nest today

For the Newbies who may not be aware -
                  look into taking Milk Thistle for liver support - it supposed to work very well.

Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning to All,

I'm reading My Way Out. Chapter three begins with this quote from Winston Churchill, "It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time."

I am inspired by those who are much further along in their recovery, but I remind myself that it is okay to be at Day 8 too. I am right where I am supposed to be. And I am happy to be here! :happyheart:

Into the shower and off to school for me. I will think of each of you throughout the day.

Be kind to yourselves. :byebye:

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters,

Rooni .... It is all about balance. In fact you have to be kind to yourself before you can give to others, otherwise you risk feeling resentful. It's a bit like being on the plane where they tell you to put on your oxygen mask BEFORE helping others.
                      There is no point trying to fix others when you are still broken.

Tess..... Indeed don't rush to be ahead of where you are. Healing first, the rest will follow one step at a time, one day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, there's such honesty in your posts. oh hey...what's your motivation for having protein to help with sleep? I'm in a cycle of not so great sleep lately. I had gotten so I wasn't even needing any Calms Forte or Nerve Tonic or anything for sleep, but lately, I'm back in my cycle of not sleeping well....I'll try a hard boiled egg for bed if I have to!

odat - I like how you're doing this....def ODAT and probably one minute at a time....taking note of when the voice gets louder and knowing what to do about it....I even kept my phone near my bed in the beginning so I could turn it on and check in here during the night if I had to (or play games or whatever) - since middle of the night drinking (to go back to sleep) was a habit of mine. You're doing great!

rooni, you are a good person - but it's going to take some serious sober time to figure out exactly who you are....nothing is more evident to me than that right now - at least in my case. When I quit, and for a long time after - I really had no idea who "I" really was. In fact, I am still learning this and most likely always will be discovering things about myself....and THAT is something new. I was stagnant while drinking. I knew who I was as a drinking person and I did not change and I did not grow. I kept doing the same thing over and over...

I didn't feel right in my own skin at 30 days or even 60 days....it deserves to be said again...it takes time. Don't try to figure it all out at once. Just be committed to giving yourself some time...time to let things become clearer.:l
                        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=Tess-2;1440379]Good Morning to All,

I'm reading My Way Out. Chapter three begins with this quote from Winston Churchill, "It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time."

I am inspired by those who are much further along in their recovery, but I remind myself that it is okay to be at Day 8 too. I am right where I am supposed to be. And I am happy to be here!

Tess...I love this quote. I too am on day 8 and that is the farthest I made it in December.....along with a lot of 4s and 5s.....but 8 was the most I strung together. This time it feels different though. I don't know if its the group support, all the wonderful posts here and the amazing coaches we have. (Lav, Byrdie, Lolab, Kuya, Hippyman and Starfish in particular)

Re the yellow eyes.....mine are clearer too......and the bloodshot eyes are gone too!
                          Instead of feeling I'm denying myself alcohol, I feel like I'm giving myself the choice of not having it because I want my life back. It was posted here several days ago that it is this "choice" that makes the difference. That really stuck with me.....so thank you.
                          This is another thing I try and remember when the witching hour starts with me.

I'm going to take a class with Apple today on how to use iPhoto more effectively to organize my photos. Something ice wanted to do for several months. Need to organize so many areas of my life, but thought I'd start with learning something new and doing the photos .....all the stuff that has landed on my desk over the last 6 months can wait.....I hate paperwork!

Wishing everyone a great AF day in the nest!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters....May I have your attention please? Gather round....we have a very important award going out today. Starfish1 has achieved the unimaginable....100 days ago, she flew in with a heavy beak. Today her feathers are preened and she is a Star among us. It is with GREAT PRIDE that I bestow your major award: :finger: This is for giving AL 'The Bird' for 100 Days. It's the Fickle Finger of Fate Award!!! And here is yours. You have arrived, my dear!!!! Well done to our brightest Star!!!!!!!!!! XO, Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Star!! Wow, what an accomplishment!!

:disco:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:groupluv::wave:CONGRATULATIONS STARFISH........100 days! Hope you treat yourself to something special today.....you deserve it!

Comment

Working...
                                X