Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Starfish! What an awesome achievement - and you are so kind and encouraging to all of us newbies...Thank you! :thanks::goodjob::goodjob:
    Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATULATIONS ON 100 DAYS STAR!

Being only a wee bit ahead I want you to know how much easier it gets from 100 days. Alcohol is not the 'go to' thought in response to any extreme emotion. You really are a big girl now.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1440379 wrote: Good Morning to All,

I'm reading My Way Out. Chapter three begins with this quote from Winston Churchill, "It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time."

I am inspired by those who are much further along in their recovery, but I remind myself that it is okay to be at Day 8 too. I am right where I am supposed to be. And I am happy to be here! :happyheart:

Into the shower and off to school for me. I will think of each of you throughout the day.

Be kind to yourselves. :byebye:
        Tess, thanks so much for the quote. I read the book a few years ago and had forgotten that quote. It really helps as sometimes looking forward going AF forever seems like such a daunting task. It's really important to focus on that one link at a time....:thanks:
        Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess and Belles, if it's any consolation, the thought of forever is daunting to me, too....so I don't go there. I worry about today, and today, AL is NOT an option. (just so you know we all feel like this).

You approach this as if you were sitting down to eat an elephant...you do it one bite at a time. (nice mental picture, no?) XO, B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

It also helps to remember that there is only today, yesterday and tomorrow do not exist and never will.

I am sober and content today.... That'll do, Donkey, that'll do

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone :l
              And thanks, so much, Byrdie, for my Fickle Finger of Fate Award and to each and every one of you for helping me achieve it and for your words of congratulations!
              Byrdie is right. Just 100 days ago, I did have a heavy beak and a heavy heart and thank God, I also had MWO. I flew into the nest and was immediately given a warm spot, lots of tlc from you guys and most importantly, I was given hope! Hope that this would be MY TIME to quit this nonsense for good. I know you all know the feeling.
              Well, today, I can proudly say that this last 100 days is the longest stretch of AF time that I have had since I relapsed back in 2008. And I feel GREAT!
              I want to say to all of you who are struggling, whether you are on day 1, day 8 or if you have several weeks....that it CAN BE DONE! If I can do it, you can do it! It does take effort, but with hard work and dedication on your part and with all of the support you have from this site and maybe from other tools (such as prescription or nonprescription drugs/herbs, etc.)- You can do it!
              My plan included: Making a commitment to you all and to myself that I would abstain from AL, no matter what, no matter who; following a high protein diet in order to keep my blood sugar level stable; reading and posting; changing my routine to avoid traps that may lead me into temptation; and just white-knuckling a few times when all else failed. The plan has worked well enough that I now have confidence that I will be continuing this AF lifestyle for the rest of my life (one day at a time). I accept the fact that I can never chance drinking again (not even once). It's not an easy thing to say or to think about, but it's much easier than wondering what would happen if I chose to drink again.....because this time I know. And I want no part of it anymore!
              So, let?s all carry on with our hard work and enjoy all the benefits that our new AL-free lives have to offer us!
              Much Love and Thanks, Star
              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya, I love Donkey....
                Don't you know how it screws with us when you change yer avatar? This is some sort of cross between a cougar and a gorilla? A Courilla? Anyway, shouldn't you be asleep? It's 4 am in NZ!! Go lie down!! XO, B

Just as a side note....I found EVEN days to be easier than odd ones...day 2, day 4....I guess that's the way my mind works....but get yourself to day 13, and you'll be good to go. B
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star...we must gather up a petition to get 'like buttons'. I'd sure be pushing it. Thank you for those encouraging words! We are very proud of you!!! B
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Star!!!!! You are such a valued friend here....thank you for all your inspiration.

But if we're petitioning for like buttons, I'd like to petition to have that changed from "the bird" to "the BYRDIE"....THAT's what we all give to AL on day 100! Oh YEAH! :H
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H Like

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah, let's give AL "the Byrdie!" LOL

Star - You are doing amazing! Keep up all your good work. You are a valued member of this community and I thank you for all of your words of wisdom!

My 15 year old daughter is having boy troubles...well, she likes a boy, he likes he back, but his parents won't let them communicate. I don't agree, but there's nothing I can do. She's at home heartbroken, I am at work upset, and I just wish there was a "fix" button for this. I know she'll be okay, the trick is convincing HER that she will. I'm taking her to lunch so we can talk. Now I need to figure out what to say. If I ever stop dying my hair I swear it will be snow white underneath. LOL

:h
                        K9

p.s. I relapsed on the cigs again...why cant there be an Antabuse for nicotine? OY.
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all in the nest,

Congratulations Starfish on your 100 DAYS delighted that you are feeling great, you have every right to feel proud. Thanks for sharing your plan too.

Byrdie and Kuya, thanks for your advice re forever thinking. Today i am sober and grateful for that. The fog is starting to lift for me and as each day goes past i am beginning to feel a little better and more positive.

Hope everyone else is doing well and keeping the beast in its box xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, guys! I value your wisdom too:l

Hey K9- I feel so sorry about the situation with your sweet daughter. Do you know the reasoning behind the boyfriend's parents not allowing them to communicate?

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star -
                              Well according to my daughter, his parents told him that they don't want him getting too attached or involved, he is only 16 and she's only 15. I do understand that to some extent, but I don't see the need to be so strict about it! On a good note, I ordered her a new case for her iPhone, it's a Doctor Who Tardis (Dr Who fans will know what that is...lol) and it just came in the mail so maybe that will cheer her up a tad (I hope!). LOL
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aww, that was good timing on the iphone case I am sure that will cheer her!
                                It's so tricky when you have to deal with the rules of other parents. I am such a lenient and trusting mom and hate to see any of the kids upset (whether they are mine or someone else's). I agree with you that the other parents seem too strict, but it sounds like the only thing you can do is encourage her to abide by their rules and let her know that, although you don't agree with their reasoning, it's the respectful thing to do, since they make the rules for their son. She loves you, so much, K9 and she is so very proud of you. I can tell the two of you have a great relationship and it's all gonna be just fine in the end. It's just so painful to have to see them sad :upset:
                                Keep up the great work, girl- and good luck!
                                :h Star

08-13-15

Comment

Working...
                                X