Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=Starfish1;1440418]Good Morning Everyone :l
    ... Just 100 days ago, I did have a heavy beak and a heavy heart and thank God, I also had MWO. I flew into the nest and was immediately given a warm spot, lots of tlc from you guys and most importantly, I was given hope! Hope that this would be MY TIME to quit this nonsense for good. I know you all know the feeling.
    Well, today, I can proudly say that this last 100 days is the longest stretch of AF time that I have had since I relapsed back in 2008. And I feel GREAT!..

Dear Star, I have just a few minutes between classes. I want you to know that I felt Great Joywhen I heard this morning of your 100 days alcohol free. Good For You!!Your brain thanks you. Your liver thanks you. Your LIFE thanks you. We thank you for being an amazing inspiration. You're well on your way now -- no looking back!! :goodjob:
    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

:yay: CONGRATS ON YOUR 100 AF days Star :yay:
      No more heavy beak feelings for you, huh?

K9, I know it's hard to watch your kids go through all this stuff but....
      It's all a part of growing up & they have to learn to handle disappointment along with the good stuff. I remember telling my daughter that boys just don't mature as quickly as girls....it's true. Perhaps his parents know that he's not yet ready to enter into a relationship

Hope everyone is having a great day. My grandsons will be arriving shortly - God help me :H
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS, STAR!!!!

AF days sure do mark the passage of time around here. Wowza!

Slay
        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Feeling down today after such a positive one yesterday. I guess that's how it goes?
          I suppose the reality of a life without without Al is kicking in- or maybe I can just expect mood changes? :upset:
          Kairos
          Sobriety is its own reward

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kairos, mood swings come with the af thing, alot in the first 30 days. Im told its better after that. Everything makes me want to cry, even songs in the supermarket, and being happy also makes me want to cry. Ive done 45 days before and I think I remember the mood swings being less. Its all so worth it in the long run.
            ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

kairos, odat is completely correct. Don't let the mood swings get you down....expect them and wait for them to pass. AND most importantly focus on the actual fact that the reality of "life without alcohol" is not even remotely anything to be sad about...when you get some time under your belt, you will - I guarantee - see that real living can only happen without it ruling us.

It's what Lav calls adopting an attitude of gratitude....don't expect to miss it...don't feel sorry for yourself because you "can't" drink anymore....embrace the fact that you are no longer burdened by it....be thrilled that you still have time left - that you came to your senses before it was too late - you quit when there is still lots of wonderful life left to live!!!!!
              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Star and Lav for the advice...you are both so right. Yes, boys do mature at a way slower pace...my 19 year old nephew lives with us, I can just point to him as Exhibit A for her! This morning he used Arrowhead water (you know from the cooler, the stuff I pay for) to pour on his windshield to get the frost off...now tell me WHY that would make sense as opposed to using water from the tap?? Oh yeah, maybe because he doesn't pay for the Arrowhead....ugh BOYS! LOL

I am taking my daughter to lunch, maybe some comfort food will ease the pain.
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL K9... I can totally see my kid doing something like that...yep he's only 14 but I can see him doing it at 19 too....they just don't think.....

good luck with your daughter....its so hard to see them hurting...and we havent even started with the serious girl situation here yet...:-(
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep, Kairos and ODAT- they always say "your emotions will be all over the place those first 30 days"- just be assured, like LOLA says, that you will be thankful "tomorrow" when the feeling passes. They also always say "you won't have 2 bad days in a row" and that's true!

K9- I am so happy you gals are going to have a lunch date! That will be so much fun! And with me having nothing but a "gaggle of girls" around my house- I don't know a whole lot about those teenage boys, but I think wasting our hard-earned money is par for the course for kids in general. I know my girls throw away more food and half full soft drink cans than you can even imagine! Oh well, gotta love 'em anyway! Have fun!
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks so much for the support guys. I feel better already about tomorrow. And you're right lolab-when I'm down I will embrace the fat that I'm no longer burdened by Al instead of missing it. I know that I'll be up and down but I need to remember that it'll pass too and it's part of the rehab.
                      Thanks so much. You guys are great.
                      Kairos
                      Sobriety is its own reward

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh no!....I may have ruined my brand new (I've had 1 week) iPhone 5! It fell out of my back pocket and into the toilet (clean water at least!). I did this once before about 3 years ago and swore I'd never put a phone in my back pocket again.
                        I just finished paying $1900 cash to have my car fixed after a fender bender....didn't want to go through insurance as my deductible is high.....and with the Christmas bills just coming in....I don't need to have to replace this phone....will be very expensive. Apple doesn't cover water damage as my daughter and I have both found out.
                        It's now turned off and sitting in a bag of white rice......I hope this works.
                        This is just the sort of thing that makes me want to have a drink......but I'm going to fight it this time.

I feel for your daughter K9....teen years are not easy.....and just as hard on Mom! My girls are 30 and 32 now. The 30 year old is the one living with us along with her husband and baby. She still does stuff that irritates me as far as wastefulness. I grumble to my hubby and try and let it pass....."pick your battles" is something I've learned as a parent over the years. Good luck!

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day, I hope you are planning to throw out the rice once it's done it's job....in spite of K9's nephew wastefulness....I hope you weren't planning to try and salvage that bag! (note to self, don't eat the rice at ND's house...) Bahahahaha. Just kidding. My neighbor did that, too and the rice worked. Can you imagine how dumb you'd feel tomorrow if you'd blown your quit over this??? Nothing is worth that....I will keep my fingers crossed that the rice trick works. And remember, don't text and pee.....XO, B
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh New Day! That has happened to me too (with the phone)!!! I hope it didn't get ruined! It's just too convenient to keep those phones in the back pocket isn't it!
                            Now if we were a coupla teenagers, folks would be complainin about how irresponsible we are- wouldnt they?
                            And yep, choose your battles is a wise saying. We need to pass that one along to the parents of that poor teenage boy who's sweet on K9s dtr!
                            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kairos;1440490 wrote:
                              Feeling down today after such a positive one yesterday. I guess that's how it goes?
                              I suppose the reality of a life without without Al is kicking in- or maybe I can just expect mood changes? :upset:
                              Kairos
                              Hi Kairos,

We are both on day 8. My moods are all over the place too. When I'm feeling sad, I tell myself that if I want to feel Really Miserable I should condsider taking a drink of life-destroying alcohol.

I'm learning that while in recovery I sometimes think I was happier when I was drinking. Why in the world do I think that!!??!! Nothing that I have experienced in life, and I mean NOTHING, is more miserable than being a drunk. Alcohol is such a LIAR!! It tempts us and makes empty promises.

At times I have to tell AL, in no uncertain terms, to Move On!!!

Be Strong. Feelings come and go. Life is much better (much, much, much better) when we are sober.

We are with you ~
                              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                              pointed the way
                              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess/ Kairos, you are so right...I've heard it referred to as 'Euphoric Recall'. Where all you see are the happy images of you with a glass raised and warm glows and rainbows.

Well, that ain't the way I drank...I would sneak it in gulps in my closet from a 1 liter box hidden in my shoes. I drank out of frantic desperation....I didn't sip, I sucked it down because I NEEDED it. So take a step back, and look at it from the outside a moment...it is trying to kill us...it will tell you anything to get you to cave, but DO NOT GIVE IN. Your emotions will be all over....one minute the pillar of strength, the next a blabbering pile of mush....just push thru it and know that tomorrow you will be one day stronger, and in our world that is BIG!!

You are doing great...you really are!! B
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X