Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1440573 wrote: Tess/ Kairos, you are so right...I've heard it referred to as 'Euphoric Recall'. Where all you see are the happy images of you with a glass raised and warm glows and rainbows.
    So right Byrdie! As I like to say "Drinking for me isn't rainbows and butterflies; it's handcuffs, DUI's and a cellie named Diablo"
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sending out strength & a bit of Lavan-ittude to all who need a bit today

My DIL 'cured' the drowned Furby after my grandson decided to give it a bath by putting it in a bag of rice ~ no kidding :H :H
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kairo-I understand the mood thing. It was day 10 for me. boy, it hit hard. But, the next day I was good and have been pretty much from there on out. Watch your expectations of certain people or events. That's when I find I get disappointed or discouraged the most.
        K9-When we are kids it's the end of the world, isn't it? I look back now and think how many times did I think my life was over, that I would never find "love" again. It's not funny at the time and there is no way you can convince a youngster (ourselves included at the time) that things work themselves out, one way or another.
        Another great AF day here. Too much going on at work but I wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow the voices hit hard and fast and loud today! But no matter! I wont give in. I havent made it past wednesday or day 3 in a long time!
          ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, I have a cat named diablo! Not a cell mate tho. I also have a 16 year old daughter, and 14 year old son. I would rather hang out with my.boy any day. She get on my nerves
            ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

My 15 year old daughter is having boy troubles...well, she likes a boy, he likes he back, but his parents won't let them communicate. I don't agree, but there's nothing I can do. She's at home heartbroken, I am at work upset, and I just wish there was a "fix" button for this. I know she'll be okay, the trick is convincing HER that she will. I'm taking her to lunch so we can talk.

K9. My daughter is the same age and her first "serious" boyfriend in Grade 10 wasn't allowed to see her either. The family is "Muslim" and he couldn't even let his mom know my daughter existed!! Crazy! What do you do with that? We still welcomed him here but their relationship was very emotional ( arguing, crying) and did not last. She was very upset and stayed in bed quite a bit for a couple weeks. She got a summer job and met lots of " hot" guys and got over him quick! ( they are still great friends tho). It's hard to see our kids hurting. :h
              Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=Byrdlady;1440573]...I've heard it referred to as 'Euphoric Recall'. Where all you see are the happy images of you with a glass raised and warm glows and rainbows.

Well, that ain't the way I drank...I would sneak it in gulps in my closet from a 1 liter box hidden in my shoes. I drank out of frantic desperation....I didn't sip, I sucked it down because I NEEDED it...

Byrdie - What you wrote is PRICELESS!!

While I was exercising last night I had a flash of a thought of drinking a cold beer from a mug. Ahh, it looked so good!! I immediately pushed the thought from my mind.

I then thought about how my drinking days (years) REALLY were. Like you, I literally hid in my closet with my previously-hidden stash of beer and gulped the warm stuff down as if my very life depended on it. I was NOT out on the deck sitting in the sun, sipping from a cold and frosty mug while my pedicure dried. NO!!! I was terrified in that closet: I didn't want to get caught. I had a big secret to keep. I was sick and desperate and lost.

Keep reminding me, Byrdie. Do not let me ever forget. :no:
                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

You got it...I'm right by your side, Tess...B
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1440685 wrote: So right Byrdie! As I like to say "Drinking for me isn't rainbows and butterflies; it's handcuffs, DUI's and a cellie named Diablo"
                    Hi K9, This is so tragic that it is hysterical. You know, that tipping point between laughter and tears. It feels great to laugh, if only for a moment. Thank you!! :thanks:

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=lolab;1440383]Tess, there's such honesty in your posts. oh hey...what's your motivation for having protein to help with sleep? I'm in a cycle of not so great sleep lately. I had gotten so I wasn't even needing any Calms Forte or Nerve Tonic or anything for sleep, but lately, I'm back in my cycle of not sleeping well....I'll try a hard boiled egg for bed if I have to!

Hi lola - I'm just going on a hunch with protein at bedtime. My sleep has never been great: I was a bit of an insomniac long before I started drinking. Alcohol was a sedative that would "put me to sleep" for at least a few hours. Since stopping alcohol, I've lost my anesthesia, so to speak. Now I'm trying to find healthy ways to address the chronic problem of insomnia. Hey, maybe I will try Calms Forte or Nerve Tonic! What in the world are they?: :huh?:

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

The day is coming to an end, and I am sober.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Roonie
                          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nest. I'm loggin in another sober day here. Byrdie, thanks for the advice on ODAT - I know I have heard it before but for some reason the future always tries to sneak into my brain. I just need to focus on today.

Today was probably the hardest day I have had so far. I don't know why - you would think New Years eve or being out in the presence of drinks since Christmas would have bothered me - but for some reason it didn't. I had a bit of a thought last Friday, when my hubby went out of town and I had to be home alone - (usually a trigger for me) but really that wasn't that hard. Today, for some reason - I just really got hit with a big craving.

However, the good news is that I ignored it - and I'm hoping my motivation from earlier days will resurface tomorrow.

Have a great evening in the Nest all.
                            Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish, huge congratulations to you. You are so giving and you have earned the accolades. We were all here cheering for you, but you did all the pulling yourself.

Lolab, good to see you! I hope the workouts are going well for you.

Kairos, as our dear Byrdie says, you'll almost never have two bad days in a row. Back in the bad old days, I would have bad days almost every day after I drank, which was almost every day! My advice is just to go with the flow. If you have to, you can always just skip dinner and go to bed early. That helped me out a few times.

Tess, I am with you about the Euphoric Recall. It is our mind that is painting that hellish sub-existence into some kind of normalcy. Nothing could be further from the truth.

K9, you wrote some of my favorite recovery sayings...along with Byrdie and Lavande. That one always makes me giggle.

Whoever it was that posted recently about getting to know yourself, that really strikes a chord with me. I stunted my growth for years, and it is a process of finding my way again. Have a great AF night everyone!
                              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooni & Belles-GREAT JOB! Another day under your belts. Congratulations.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Working...
                                X