Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Odat,
    Tired at nine days here. I went to the gym yesterday and felt like I had a full blown flu (which I don't) but hardly had the energy for 5 minutes on the stairmaster. I usually do 40 minutes.
    It will pass I know, but the body is very interesting nonetheless.
    K
    Sobriety is its own reward

Comment

Newbies Nest

Odat, tired is very normal. Go with it and rest if you can. Your body is healing.
      :notes:
      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kairos, Nurdl's so right.... I had flu like symptoms the first couple weeks of my quit...it wasn't until I got to Day 13 that I felt like a new person. Get yourself to that day, and something will click for you. You are doing great!! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters. I too have not got back to the gym. I've been away form it since my grandson was born 9 months ago! Right now I don't have the energy either. By the time dinner is over, I'm ready to go to bed!

I ran when I was in my 30s, but with arthritis in my left foot and knee, I won't be attempting that anymore. Surgery on my foot is scheduled for end of April......so I'll be laid up even more then. So as soon as I can, I should get back for some exercise. That will be the next challenge!

Meeting with a nurse from a home care service to assess my father-in-law.....my MIL needs some extra help with him. He's headed downhill fast, and at 91, not surprisingly. My MIL will resist putting in in a nursing home, but that's where he really should be. She's 87 and its too much for her to take care of him.

Good to read all your posts every morning.....it's taking the place of my daily newspaper!

Have a great day everyone, whatever is on your schedule!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Wednesday Everyone :l

Daisy:l So good to see you peeking in! I have been thinking of you! Please take a seat next to me and let us know how we can help you get comfy. Like Tess says, there's really no better place to be than the comfort of the nest. We are glad you are here!

I am so happy every morning to check in and see what strong lil byrdies we have. Everyone is doing an amazing job, not only of helping themselves, but of helping others! Oldbies, newbies, weak and strong are all pulling for the same goal...to get back to our sane, sober, wonderful selves and enjoy each and every minute of our new lives. Isn't it great? We have found the key to our own sobriety right here and right now- let's keep it up!

And by the way, we have a special award to be given to day to our DEAR FRIEND Roonie!
            Yes, you, Roon! For Seven big, fat, days of hard earned sobriety, you get the big, fat, full moon-
            :moon:
            Tada- you did it! And we are so proud of you for kicking AL?s arse and for sharing your success with us!
            :wd:
            We love you, Roonie! Carry on!
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Starfish and everyone else!

I got a big fat tear in my eye when I saw my moon. Such a large meaning behind such a simple gesture huh?

With every day that passes without AL, I feel better and better - more in control. More energetic. More productive. I consider myself to be very lucky to have found this site and the will to get rid of the beast in my life. Gosh, I spent so many years with it on my shoulders, I'm just now learning how to walk without that burden.

And that's exactly what alcohol is - a burden. And it's also a choice. I CHOOSE not to have that BURDEN in my life anymore. I am liberated.

Thanks again for my moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning to All,

Found an empty beer bottle this morning. It was stuffed in the back of the bathroom cabinet. I snatched it up and put it in my book bag -- to be discarded in the college campus trash. This routine began a long time ago when my husband starting searching our trash for "empties." Our marriage became a game of cat-and-mouse, with me trying to be more clever than he, and he trying to "catch me in the act." I did the majority of my drinking in the closet. There I would stand, hour after hour, drinking and gulping -- because I simply could not stop. Well, once drunk, my ability to be clever diminished significantly. I would wander out of the closet, bottle in hand, to do homework and see what was going on in the world. If my husband would come home unexpectedly (I could hear the garage door open), I would stash the bottle anywhere, and quickly! Problem was, I was usually in a blackout and could not remember my hiding places.

Now that I've been sober for 9 days, the hidden bottles remain in my home -- like land mines after the war has ended.

kuya - I thought of you last evening. A letter from the college arrived for me in the mail. I thought, "Here it is: they are kicking me out." (Though I knew "in the back of my mind" what the letter was, having received them before. Still, I always expect the worst treatment.) The letter congratulated me on being at the top of the President's Honor Roll. I thought, "If they knew who I really am, they would grab their letter back and toss it in the shred bin!" I'm talking about PERFECTIONISM and the feeling of never being good enough.

Then, as I say, I thought of you. So I changed my thinking to, "You know, I worked really, really hard for those grades. Countless hours of homework. Absolutely no cheating. And I was working with an impaired brain, thanks to alcohol. I'm good enough. I would still be good enough even if the school were kicking me out." And I felt great!!

ODAT - So proud of you!! See, you're stronger than AL, no contest!!

Gotta run to class. Hugs to All :groupluv:
                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess2-Get that empty bottle out of your bag as fast as you can. I love your description of land mines. Keep up the good work. I like your change of attitude toward perfetionism too.
                  Odat, Kairos, Belles, Sharky-good to see you all. Keep racking up those days.
                  Congrats to Rooni!, and Breezy right?
                  A big wave to Newday, Bryd, Kuya, LAV, Starfish1 (love the thought of taking a seat next to you and getting comfy) K9, Lolab, Nurdl, Pinecone and anyone else who flies in.
                  Welcome Daisy, Starfish is right, pull up a chair. What can we help you with?

Gotta get to work.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gather 'round once more birdies!

We have another WINNER here with us today....and it is....

Breezy Momma- who has flown right in and shown us how to breeze thru one whole week of living Alcohol-Free! Congratulations, MS Breeze :wd:

and

:moon:

We are so happy you are here and so happy you are doing so well! Why in no time at all, my dear- you and Roonie will be sporting your 30 day hats!

Congratulations!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning friends!

Hi Daisy, good to see you again. Have you been painting?

ODAT, just stick with it and ride it out. Your brain and body will be healing for a long time. Just take very good care of yourself right now. Stay hydrated, get plenty of sleep, eat good food, etc.

Rooni, THAT is how it is done! Kudos to you!
                      BreezyMomma too! Great job.

Have a great AF day friends, and see you later!
                      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

Tess - You sound SO good, I'm really proud of your progress! Keep up your great work and your positive attitude. You are definitely a valued member of MWO!

On the subject of exercising, I used to be the workout queen. Note that I said "used to be". Not so much anymore (ok not at all). I let my gym membership expire, and my workout DVD's are collecting dust. But it's on my "TO DO" list. Like Lola said, doing too much too fast leads to burnout. My priority right now is kicking the damn cigarettes to the curb! Eating healthy is about all I can do right now as far as weight loss.

Congratulations to everyone that got mooned today! It was hard earned and you deserve it! Keep at it...it DOES get easier.

K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Tess! Your post brought back memories of stashing the empties. What a royal pain in the arse! The only thing worse than stashing, was, like you said, remembering where I put them the next day and then having to gather them all up at a time when no one was around and take them out of the house to dispose of them-AAARRRGH- so glad that crap is in the past!
                          Over the weekend, I was cleaning out an old cedar chest in my room. That was one of my old hiding places :upset: and as I got to the bottom of it, I panicked, thinking to myself that I could have uncovered an old empty at any time during that cleaning process and been accidentally EXPOSED to any one of my family members who had just happened to be in the room with me. So glad that didn't happen!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, the stashing bottles reminds of our recycling bin!!! Always stacked FULL of empty wine and beer bottles. This week since I'm 7 days AF. The bin has a couple juice boxes and a milk container!! I felt strangely happy and proud this a.m. seeing that!!!

Have a great day all!!!:h
                            Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Breezy! It's nice to look in the recycling bin without cringing isn't it? Although I do cringe a bit when I see all the pizza boxes. LOL I don't even need to take mine out every week anymore, once every two weeks is good since it's not full of Bud Light cans! I could have made some serious money if I had taken all those cans to the recycling center but I was too embarrassed to show up with bags and bags of beer cans...so I just "gave" them away to the City to recylce...but hey, I work for the City so I figured I was helping pay my own salary. HA
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I noticed yesterday, on day 28, that my hand writing is legible again. YA!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Working...
                                X