Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

ODAT - I can guarantee you I've tried more times than you to get sober! I've had more day ones that just about anyone! But you know what? Who cares? The important thing is to KEEP TRYING. One of these days, something (it could be anything) will just make it stick. Some people hit rock bottom, some people have a bad report from the doctor, and some people like me (and probably you) just get freakin' FED UP with the BS of alcohol and the crap it brings to our lives. But it's soooo engrained in our routines, and it's legal! And it's all over the place! Cut yourself some slack and realize that this is a hard thing to do! You've made major strides here! You just have to keep trying! Over and over and over again. Whatever it takes! Find your strength and cling to it like you will die without it!

Take it from me - the chronic "day one" person - DON'T EVER GIVE UP! We are all in the same boat. And we all need each other. It's so easy to assume everyone else is stronger than you are. That is NOT true. The beast can get anyone. He spares no one.

So take my advice, and get back up. Get your fighting attitude back, and kick this crap called alcohol out the door. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey ODAT, I read your thread about chronic newbies, and I wanted to respond to you here, since you set that thread up with a purpose in mind, not just for general discussion on the topic. I hear some frustration in your "voice," and I'm sorry you're going through that. I'm certainly not annoryed with you or anyone else who is here trying to make their life better. Just stick around here, that is very important. Since I came on here a little bit ago, I have seen many people succeed, who were having trouble at the start. Please don't distance yourself from this wonderful support system because of a perceived "annoyed reaction" from anyone. We are all just typing out our thoughts here; an imperfect process. Give yourself a tiny bit of slack, improve your plan and stick around here for the genuine support, that is my advice.

Overit, congratulations on your new hat, it looks great on you!

Dottie, good to see you!

Moni, I'm sorry you're having a rough patch. I would have been pretty upset too!
      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you so much for the support, it really means alot.
        ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

ODAT, not that my opinion will get you a cup o coffee....but what makes me annoyed is people who throw their hands up and walk away!! NOT the ones that keep trying. If they gave out coins for Day 1's I'd be rich. It will stick, thank God I kept swinging...I finally got over that rough edge and I never looked back! You WILL GET IT! I believe in you!!! XO, B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1441979 wrote: ODAT, not that my opinion will get you a cup o coffee....but what makes me annoyed is people who throw their hands up and walk away!! NOT the ones that keep trying. If they gave out coins for Day 1's I'd be rich. It will stick, thank God I kept swinging...I finally got over that rough edge and I never looked back! You WILL GET IT! I believe in you!!! XO, B
            thanks bydie, your day one coins thing made me lol, i needed that!

Comment

Newbies Nest

ODAT, I'd like to add another thought here-
              In a way, you are lucky to know all your triggers now & can use the right tools to make adjustments in your plan. You are not starting from 'scratch', you have knowledge & you have AF experience.
              Build on that & you will meet your goals
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Very true lav, very very true. Thank you..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Fellow Fledglings and All Nest Dwellers,

I'm going to get in bed with a good book, NOT a textbook, and just be lazy. I started reading God's Hotel by Victoria Sweet just before I stumbled across the MWO site and began working so hard on my recovery. I'm going to treat myself for my hard work with reading for pure pleasure.

One little thing that I've done over these last 10 days is to stock my fridge with all kinds of fun beverages. I'm normally a practical gal and would not spend a lot of money on organic strawberry lemonade spritzer, for example. But I needed to replace a beer bottle with a better bottle. It's been kind of exciting. I open the fridge, and I have all sorts of pretty colors and snazzy flavors awaiting me. AND I don't have to hide in my closet to drink them or worry about how to dispose of the empties. My recycle bin is being used again.:jumpwow:

Honestly, I have not read the posts in Newbies Nest today. I will catch up tomorrow. I keep all of you close to my heart.

Be really, really, really good to yourself.

Goodnight :bedtime:
                  Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                  pointed the way
                  with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

You need to treat yourself well during recovery, nice AF drinks, good tasty food, long bubble baths., get your nails done, get your hair done, buy a new outfit
                    Pamper yourselves, treat yourself as valuable and your mind will start to see you as valuable.
                    It hurts a lot more to damage something your mind thinks is valuable

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

TGIF! Kuya, I agree that we need to treat ourselves a whole lot nicer & valuable

Tess, you sound great, I'm happy for you. I remember those college years when it was such a joy to read a non-textbook!!!

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday & sending out a friendly reminder to get your plans squared away for the weekend. What is everyone doing besides not drinking?

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all, checking in at the nest. Lets all be strong together today and remember Friday is just another day. Be excited about not having set the alarm clock tomorrow!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1442137 wrote: Good morning Nesters,

TGIF! Kuya, I agree that we need to treat ourselves a whole lot nicer & valuable

Tess, you sound great, I'm happy for you. I remember those college years when it was such a joy to read a non-textbook!!!

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday & sending out a friendly reminder to get your plans squared away for the weekend. What is everyone doing besides not drinking?

Lav
                          It smells so good in here...Lavender shortbread bakin...Yum! Google Image Result for http://static.flickr.com/2346/2541501898_e4c939b38b.jpg
                          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone! I can't say anything this morning that ain't already been said! :H

I wholeheartedly agree with Byrdie. If you're determined enough to come here in the first place and post, and you're open about your desire to stop drinking....and you keep trying to figure it out...and keep posting - then I am in complete awe of you. See, different people discover this site at different stages along their journey. I discovered it late. I had already had a gazillion day ones all by myself....in fact every day was a day one....If I had joined MWO 5 years ago - and I had your determination, I might have made a few longer stretches. I might have realized earlier on that it was possible. But probably only if I had kept posting and kept reflecting and trying to figure out why the hell I was doing it. Instead, I just fumbled through every day - being led around by the nose, by alcohol. Waking up during the night - frantic to stop - and by morning, not thinking it was quite as big of a problem as it really was.

The red flag that goes up - that signals to me that someone isn't quite ready is when someone is here for a bit - and then quite predictably starts to feel that they have it licked - and then disappears....and then repeats about 100 times....I wouldn't call it annoying - I would just say that they need to have a breakthrough before they are successful....that they maybe aren't being 100% honest with themselves about their desire to totally quit. Should they not come back and post? Of course they should. Everybody's got to figure it out in their own way. Like someone said on the previous page - after your'e here a bit, you will see many people who struggle early on - who finally get it right. It didn't happen overnight for any of us....:l

So - Lav....I think I am going to buy a new toilet this weekend. I don't think there is anything about that that calls for a drink. It shouldn't be too stressful, and we shouldn't have to christen it with a bottle of champagne when it's installed. :H There is some awards show on Sunday night and i am a freak about having that red carpet stuff on before hand. I usually never stay up for the actual awards - but look forward to the other stuff at this time of year....just kind of a mindless stay in your house and loaf kind of activity....

lola
                            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lola, congrats on your new thrown. :flush:
                              I hope you are able to see the tv from the new seat....there's nothing like the sound of a fresh flush!

Good morning everyone....the nest sounds great!!

Off to check roll call and see if there are any awards to be presented today!
                              K9 will be along shortly with The Pep Squad to give you the weekend Mantra...
                              You will NEVER be sorry you are sober!!

Lola, I'm checking Amazon for a Charmin Gift Pack for you!! XXOO, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Friends :l

First of all, I just want to say how much I love each and every one of you and how much all of your posts mean to me. Sharing your ups and downs, triumphs, pathways and struggles is such a wonderful gift and each post strengthens me and many others. :thanks:

ODAT :l Thank you, especially, for your perseverance and the determination you are showing by continuing to search for "your way out". It is different for all of us, and one day, you are going to find your key and share it with the rest of us- and help us in the process. We are glad you are here with us! Just keep taking one day at a time and, like Lav said, use the knowledge you already have about what triggers your cravings. Please don't let it be HUNGER! :soapbox: You know, that's the one I ALWAYS preach about Be nice to yourself! I read where Tess (I think) had splurged on some fab healthy drinks from the health food store. I think that's a great idea! Do Whatever it takes! Have you considered Antabuse? Some folks have found great success with that.

What a coincidence, about these weekend plans- I will also be working in my loo! Removing old wallpaper, patching and painting. So Byrdie, if you find a deal on the Charmin, give me a holler!
                                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Working...
                                X