• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdie you make me laugh so much!
    ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Here we go again. At least K9 doesn't have a bag on here head if she does hurl. Can you imagine? Thank gosh I'm not drinking anymore.

New Day-this is so exciting! You'll have to check back in here and let us know the reaction, from your hubs that is. I haven't been in a social environment yet to be able to be stuck up and say "No thank you." I have had the talk with hubs and he's actually into it. (although he's still drinking but that's OK)

And before anyone says "that doesn't make you stuck up" in my book it does because I'M BETTER THAN THEY ARE, even if they don't know it. THEY are controlled by the beast and I have kicked it's ass! So, just like my smoking analogy, in my mind I'm tossing my hair, turning my back, and walking away shaking what the good Lord gave me! HA! Take that!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1442345 wrote: :yougo::yougo:HAPPY FRIDAY!:yougo::yougo:

I have a bit of a head cold so I will do the short version:

- You'll never wake up wishing you'd drank the night before
        - A craving never lasts as long as a hangover
        - Never quit quitting
        - A craving is just a thought, you don't have to act on it

And my personal fave: Drinking for me isn't rainbows and butterflies...it's handcuffs, DUI's and a cellmate named Diablo.

Happy weekend everyone!!!
        Hey now me and Diablo bonded in jail together!
        Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

So happy to see all the newbies and our awesome regulars are still at it. I come on everyday to the nest to see how everyone is doing. I don't post much. But it is fun seeing people change and become well again. I always think about everyone here everyday. :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone! The work day is ending here on the east coast, and I am getting ready to settle in for a nice, quiet, and above all, SOBER night at home. It's kinda rainy and chilly here, so I definitely see some dog snuggling on the couch in my future.

Overit has really got me thinking about all my experiences starting over and over again. It seems like every time I have to start over, my anxiety/guilt/shame/remorse/etc. just get worse and worse. This last time (nine days ago) was just AWFUL. There were times when I didn't think I would ever recover and would end up losing my job, house, and everything I had worked for my entire life.

That, my friend, is what you call a NIGHTMARE, but you're wide awake!

Now, almost 10 days later, I am back in control and happy again. The stars are aligned, I am caught up at work, my house is clean, my refridgerator is full of healthy food, and I have plans for the weekend that I know I will keep.

I wonder, just wonder, if I've had my LAST day one......

Comment

Newbies Nest

rooniferd;1442379 wrote: Hi everyone! The work day is ending here on the east coast, and I am getting ready to settle in for a nice, quiet, and above all, SOBER night at home. It's kinda rainy and chilly here, so I definitely see some dog snuggling on the couch in my future.

Overit has really got me thinking about all my experiences starting over and over again. It seems like every time I have to start over, my anxiety/guilt/shame/remorse/etc. just get worse and worse. This last time (nine days ago) was just AWFUL. There were times when I didn't think I would ever recover and would end up losing my job, house, and everything I had worked for my entire life.

That, my friend, is what you call a NIGHTMARE, but you're wide awake!

Now, almost 10 days later, I am back in control and happy again. The stars are aligned, I am caught up at work, my house is clean, my refridgerator is full of healthy food, and I have plans for the weekend that I know I will keep.

I wonder, just wonder, if I've had my LAST day one......
              It's a great feeling isn't it! Kudos to you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you, FD. Yes, it IS a great feeling. This is the way life is SUPPOSED to be lived :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44;1442368 wrote:

...And before anyone says "that doesn't make you stuck up" in my book it does because I'M BETTER THAN THEY ARE, even if they don't know it. THEY are controlled by the beast and I have kicked it's ass! So, just like my smoking analogy, in my mind I'm tossing my hair, turning my back, and walking away shaking what the good Lord gave me! HA! Take that!
                  Hi Overit - I wish I had some of your attitude!! I've always been kind of shy. You are my alter ego. Love it!! :H
                  Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                  pointed the way
                  with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1442396 wrote: Hi Overit - I wish I had some of your attitude!! I've always been kind of shy. You are my alter ego. Love it!! :H
                    You can't see it because of the bag but I have fiery red hair under there.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Uh oh...Overit is back to her hair-flippin' antics again! You go girl!
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My hair is too short to flip but I do have an abundance of Lavan-ittude that I gladly share with anyone who needs some :H:H

New Day, remember that we do not owe anyone an explanation as to why we don't drink AL. That's no one's business but ours. Anyone who pushes you for an explanation is just rude & deserves a hair flip

FD, great to see you!

Chilly & damp here tonight as well. Good night for a big mug of decaf green tea & some stupid TV
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whine, cry, piss and moan....whine cry piss and moan....I feel better now....been one of those kinds of weeks...glad for the weekend...hang tough nesters....
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1442427 wrote:

...New Day, remember that we do not owe anyone an explanation as to why we don't drink AL. That's no one's business but ours. Anyone who pushes you for an explanation is just rude & deserves a hair flip ...
                            Lav, K9, Overitt - You are all too funny!! I have long hair, but I never learned to flip it. Gotta learn the "hair flip" as part of my recovery!!

And Dottie - "Whine, cry, piss and moan" -- absolutely!! We love to vent in The Nest. It makes everyone feel much better. Feel free to carry on should the need arise. :argh:
                            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess - Not only do you have to flip the hair, but you have to spin around and "flounce" out of the room...that really seals the deal! LOL
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1442418 wrote: Uh oh...Overit is back to her hair-flippin' antics again! You go girl!
                                Hi K9! Your not posting as much as you used to. How are things going? I know life is busy. Your looking great!

Comment

Working...
                                X