Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

lolab;1442358 wrote: hope you're better soon K9

techie - red velvet coffee???? I'm intrigued...
    It was just OK. I'll stick to my regular brand!

Hope you're feeling better K9!?
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

techie;1443393 wrote: It was just OK. I'll stick to my regular brand!

Hope you're feeling better K9!?
      I'm really getting into flavored coffee! I got a new Mocha mint I will try in the morning.
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

I went on a 2 hour mountain trek today in the rain and cold. Have had a bath and snuggled in front of a blazing fire with some warm cocoa. Not a bad way to celebrate 60 days.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Moni, 60 days! Congratulations. Way to go!
          AF since 12/2/12
          http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on 60 days moni! Im sure byrdie will be along with your award shortly! Im glad you had a good day, you deserve it! I hope you have many more!
            ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

moni;1443451 wrote: I went on a 2 hour mountain trek today in the rain and cold. Have had a bath and snuggled in front of a blazing fire with some warm cocoa. Not a bad way to celebrate 60 days.

WHOA?!?! 60 Days? 60?! Bejeezus Moni, you kept that quiet.

Right, ehm, what do we give for 60 days? (I don't do th awards, but as I'm here and feel you should be given something right away let me see what I can find.... )

*rustles about in the emoticon box*

.... AHA!...

:goodtime::goodtime:

There - for you Moni. A double-hattage. Keep trucking - you're leading the way for so many and it's always a joy to read your posts.... CONGRATULATIONS!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

(Byrdie, Star... didn;t mean to steal yer prize-awarding thunder, hope you don;t mind this once for our Moni) :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are my hero, Moni!! :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Moni, Huge Congratulations on 60 days AF!! You must feel fabulous!! You give me and all Newbies hope and strength. Big Hugs!!
                    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aw thanks Guys. To be honest, it really is just sheer determination. I know it sounds cliche and cheesy but it's a case of if you put your mind to it you can do anything. I really never expected to be AF for even 6 days never mind 60. I always thought I'd moderate and be one of those people who can take it or leave it. I discovered that I can't take it - end of story.
                      The days turned into weeks and now I'm on months.. here's to making it years. Still day by day though!
                      I owe a multitude to this place. It's been my sounding board and it's paid off.

:thanks:

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wd: CONGRATS ON 60 AF DAYS MONI!!!!!!
                        So glad your day was special

Good job on the awards RC

Well, the rain, fog, mist, etc never stopped today so I was not able to wash my dirty car as planned, oh well. Had my son & his family here for dinner. Now I'm putting my feet up with y fav decaf gree tea
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just have to add my congratulations to Moni as well.......great work, Moni.....and it does take work! :yougo:
                          Lav....my feet are up too....with a cup of Peppermint tea. Going to see if I can watch some of the Australian Open. .....and then to bed early

Have a nice night in the Nest everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moni- Big congrats... And two hats!!! Sixty Days is Amazing and we are all so proud of your hard work!!!
                            Sorry I have been busy with family this weekend and haven't been posting but have been thinking of you all and missing you.
                            Thanks for stepping up and doing "prize duty", RC!
                            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Watching Downton Abbey New Day

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All. I am a Newbie that screwed up yesterday. I was doing so well all last week and the beginning of the weekend, but yesterday afternoon I got into the schnapps. I don't usually care for the stuff, but the schnapps was literally the only alcohol that was open in the entire house (at least I resisted opening a bottle of wine... I thought about that). I must explain that Sunday is usually a big cleaning day for me and I usually have a glass of wine while I am cleaning, followed by a second glass and some "me" time (pedicure, watch a movie... etc). Before my depression got worse, I could easily keep it to two glasses but now I want to "keep up the good numb feeling" so I can easily empty a bottle or two. So... since I was cleaning yesterday and I knew the schnapps was open, I decided to add some to my apple juice. Then added more... then more. I did not black out but I definitely feel it this morning. I tried to kick start the morning right... lots of water with lemon, Greek yogurt with blueberries... and maybe a coffee in a few hours. But I feel so stupid and I can't believe I was so good and so driven all week, only to fail on Sunday. I can't explain what triggered the drinking. Habit maybe? I was not craving AL, so why did I give in? Anyhoo... I want to be accountable for my actions so I'm changing my AF day to today. I'm sorry to let everyone down.
                                Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Working...
                                X