Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Dark & damp in this end of the nest - oh well. We had a nice string of sunny days here

Sunni, glad you're back, hope you receive some good news about your Mom soon. Hang in there!

Chops, we have no choice in this end of PA - it's the Eagles........
    Don't study too hard, there's a lot of semester to go yet!

Sooty, save those eyes by all means..........you need them

Tranq, time to put the golf clubs away and get back to work????

Chicken, keep up the good work. I can hear you clucking from here

Time for me to get some work done. Have a great AF Tuesday everyone, will check in later.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, nest dwellers!

No news yet... will be at least a few hours yet. Thank you all for your well wishes! :l

Geeez, the long weekend here was positively gorgeous! Now, couldn't all of summer have been like THAT!?? Originally, we had planned on being back here around noonish yesterday, but we just couldn't bare to leave with the weather being so beautiful. Just one more dip in the lake...!

Are you all talking FOOTBALL again? *rolling eyes* Ya know, I have tried over and over to get the gist of this strange 'game'... a bunch of (admittedly, nicely bottomed) guys hovering and whispering in a crowd.. then scrambling for God knows what and where and THEN nearly killing each other over something they call a ball (and which has NO resemblance with a ball, whatsoever).... I just don't get it! :H

Ok, I'll slink away in my corner of the nest now, until this football season thing is over!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

good night nesters, hope you had a good day. Mine went ok - no cravings and nearly bedtime for me.
        Sunni hope you have good news about your mum tomorrow
        love sooty x

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Sun, all the best to you...............and YES, it is football time again......have I said go Chargers?? Chops, congrats on the date! Glad it went well and hope it blossoms as you want it to. Just know your pops is keeping a watchful eye..........hope everybody had a terrific Tuesday and wishing you all the best tomorrow.
          Pops.........and G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

Turned out to be a good Tuesday for me afterall
            Got caught up with my work, no big problems with my machines or computers today, no complaints!

Sunni, I'm thinking about you & your Mom.
            Congrats on your 30 days, I am very, very happy for you - keep going

Sooty, glad yo had a good day too!

Pops & G, thanks for keeping a watchful eye on us, we appreciate it!

I'm calling it a day too, have a safe night one & all.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening Nesters! Wow...what a day this has been! It's been busy, but a good busy.

Sunni, soooo very proud of you on your 30 days!!! Great achievement!!!! Keep up the good work. Still thinking of and praying for your mom as well. Come on...give football a try!!

Lav, glad your day turned out well. Machine and computer problems can be the worst. I am glad that we have the great state of Pennsylvania covered for football. I'll let you know how I found a gentleman, I am not sure I know.

Pops, big hugs to you!!! I appreciate your watchful eye. You and 'G' are just so wonderful. I hope this gentleman turns out what I want too.

Hiya to Sooty, Chicken, Tranq and all others. How were your days? Keep up all the positive vibes.

Dill, thanks for stopping in!!! I think of you each and every day. I hope you are well. Thank you for the kind words.

Well, I am going to call it a night. I am one tired bird. See you all in the morning!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All.

Wow Sunni 30 days is fantastic!!! Big Congrats to you on that. Hope mom is doing okay, and wishing all the best.

In honor of Sunni's 30 days af, I will abstain from stoking the football flames, except to say two small words: DA BEARS. That's me practicing moderation in all things.

Speaking of that, I had a quick lesson learned last night... On the way home from the golf course at about 8pm last night, after having one beer around noon and another around 4pm, as I was driving I was thinking about have a beer or two at home. I've been avoiding drinking alone and at home, so this was an urge/craving that was nagging a bit. Glad I had an hour's drive to think; so I realized that I hadn't eaten anything since around 1pm, and hadn't had any fluids since the beer at 4pm. I recognized my craving as a reaction to normal hunger and thirst. Once I got home I chugged some h2o and ate some pizza and I was fine. The lesson for me is how easy it is to mistake normal hunger for AL cravings, and how in the past I would sometimes grab a drink to set aside the hunger and thirst for a while. It's probably good to avoid getting too hungry or thirsty.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that for what it's worth. Good going to all the nesters! Good night all.
                tw
                Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters, hope everyone has a good day and Sunni has good news. Great to see all the positivity on here- its definitely rubbing off cos I've never felt more determined.
                  Sun shining today so I'm going out!!!
                  See you all later xxxxxxxxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Im in the morning. It is for sure pre noon as in am but noticed all the posts that have gone in in last few hours seem good night posts. I have not paid attention to the location bit on profiles. But just had a look and seen how many people here are from across the pond and beyond. I had foolishly assumed everyone else was from UK. VERY nice to realise we have support in our healing from all over the world.
                    I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Another cloudy morning here - I think the sun went to your side of the pond Sooty, enjoy it Love to see your determination staying strong, that's a great help for many!

Chops, glad to hear you're staying strong as well When is the next date???

Tranq, good that you noticed the hunger thing - I think that was probably a big problem for me too! Working erratic hours & not taking the time to eat regularly can be dangerous. I used to watch my kids, in the evening, stand in front of the open refrig. door & just stare. I always told them you're tired not hungry, just go to bed!!

Raven.joy, I'm in the US as well as Chops & TranqWilly, Sunni_gg is in Canada. I guess you will see folks from all over the world checking in

Dill, hello to you, thinking of you.

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday.
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning my whittle wfuffy wones!

Yep, Raven... we've got an international flavour going here! Nice, eh?

Ok, mom is slowly coming out (of the coma) but they've changed game plan - breathing machine is still on. They plan on disconnecting this morning. Blood pressure and whatnot are stable - so all seems to be a go. I had to laugh last night talking to my dad... I was pretty worried how HE was coping through all of this... the dear chap has got himself some work from home (he's a now retired, previously self-employed engineer) - said "Well, I can't just sit around here doing nothing and worrying - need something to distract me".

I felt like crap pretty much all day yesterday... stomach cramps in the morning, that got progressively worse during the day. So, I ended up laying down... and apparently slept for 15 hours. However, the cramps are gone now, thank God, and I feel somewhat human again.

Another funny thing happened yesterday (well, actually, the guy stopped by on the weekend when we weren't here)... I got free hay! He's an ex-vet who worked a lot with horses at Guelph University (one of the best veterinary universities in Canada) and him and his wife (who just bought a farm down the road) drove by Miss Sophie several times, stopped and talked to her. He realized she was old, and also that she needed some help in the weight department - sooooo, he has some very rich hay (and too much of it) and offered to give me some for free! How cool is that!?

Chops.. I missed the date! (Well, not that you wanted me there.. I get that..:H) TELL! Where, what, why, how long, how many bases? :H

Lav, Sooty, Tranq, PR, Chicken... I'm always so glad to 'see' you here! You brighten my day, thank you!
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

For Renewal
                          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Sea......that was uncalled for.......to the 'timeout twig' for you....
                            Pops & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H
                              I will be living to TX for football season, but will always be a Pats Fan.
                              Not turning this girl in a Cowboys fan no how, no way.
                              Nice to see you Renewal. How are you?
                              I am doing well. Emylee is off to California (She will be a Pats fan for life too)
                              Rented the condo out. I am off to Dallas next week.
                              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone!
                                Sea, so glad you are not a Cowboys fan! I'll take the tent down and you can sleep in the house...LOL!!
                                :l
                                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X