Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

My Ex-husband quit drinking 3 years before me, in the hopes that I would stop. Patient man.lol.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello my friends....I'm back in the nest after a couple challenging days at work.....still have some 'health issues' I'm battling, but hopefully will be myself soon. Have to get an appt with a doctor and get things corrected.....anyhow, how are all of you? Tell me about your weekend and your goals for this week ahead. By the way, Sunshine, just wanted to say thanks for your 'invites' to newbies.....I see them all the time as you often beat me to it...great little habit to fall in to....talk to y'all soon.
      Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whoops! Now, I REALLY can't get away with good morning anymore... no matter what time zone! :H

How is everyone in the nest? Had a good day? Kept the evil shadow at bay? Good. Thought so.

Renewal hun... yeah, you better go see a doc.. you've been out of sorts for days now. I'm ordering you to chicken noodle soup, pink robe and slippers for a week!

God smack... I love it!

Sea, hun... how are you today? You had a nice day out with your sis? Wanna come riding with me? :H Although, Upnorth somehow thinks it's the wrong time of year. Silly girl!

Lilmea... I hope you're having a great time at the movies... let us know what you saw and if it was a good one!

And now... we are watching a movie as well tonight... but on pay-per-view... 'Burn after reading'... with... yes... wait for it.... GEORGIEEEEEEEEEE! :H Heeeee's baaa-aack! For all you very new nestlings... a few of us furnished the nest with George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and Orlando Bloom

Anywho... off I flutter. Have a great AF evening lil birdies!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Yeah, uh Sun.....'pink robe and slippers for a week?'....I'd need to see 'another type' of doc after that........as for George & co....amazing how these things keep coming back. I know I'm 'off my game' these days, but again, no need for replacements. And by the way, you sure wouldn't see them in a pink robe.....well, maybe Bloom.....
          Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Well my little ducklings, I can see you are fast asleep....I'm coming around to tuck you all in (in my green robe)....and wishing you all a wonderful week ahead in the nest.
            Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Y'all,

I had a lovely weekend, a great BBQ, and have to admit I did have a couple of glasses of wine, it was both discussed beforehand, planned and in the presence of good friends who were looking over me. i made a wine spritzer (mostly spritzer..v little vino) and made it last 3 hours......I feel proud and am now ready for a sober week ahead... Just taking this easy and am very aware that this might not be the best plan....but trying to keep an open mind. Weird thing was watching wasted people (two of them in a really shockingly horrible way) and their behavior, I never want to be that way, ever again.
              So, left overs...boerwors (SA Sausage) beer can chicken ( i didnt even drink the obligatory half beer before it went up the chickens bum) . The fish and prowns disappeared fast as did the spicy chicken wings . But loads of really nice fresh fruit left. Sea, you are first in line, you need a good feeding girl.

Dill, can you send me that banana bread (with ch chips) recipe? Sounds divine

Sun, i had my first horseride at xmas with my future father in law, was really fun!

Photogirl, i lost 4 kg from having 5 al free weeks in last 2 months, another good reason not ot drink...even though i am eating like a horse. THis morning (nearer noon) i had 4 pieces of bacon with two croissants.

Upnorthgirls, that is an amazing story about your angel, i also believe in these visits very strongly. I hope she visits with you lots. Keep telling me about her.
              Hi Lil mea, you can have leftovers too. Welcome Blue,

right kids, I have a busy day, its is chinese new year holiday here and Im having a "me day" Betty, you out there? Happy CNY.
              Live your life in such a way that
              when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
              Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Neuro - You Too!
                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Monday, dear ducklings!

Neuro... sounds like you had a grand time and :goodjob: on staying within your planned limits! Speaking from experience here... careful now... right after a successful mod night is usually when things get dicey for me. But I have total faith in you - you're doing great!

Well, delve into the left overs and enjoy CNY - you too, Betty!

Papa Renewal, you were up late... how are you feeling today?

I've got a ton of work (the paying kind) on my plate and *uggghhh* a really messy kitchen to deal with this morning. I hate HATE dishes in the morning... but I was so pooped last night that I joined Mr. Wonderful for a nap after dinner and then we watched a movie and then we did something else to entertain ourselves... and whoops.. then it was 1am :H

OK, fellow nest dwellers - I be off but checking in later. Be good, be strong, be the best you can be (I sound like an army recruit - yikes) - have a grand day!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day Chick-a-dees
                    I would love to go riding with you Sunni, and I'll take those leftovers Neuro.
                    I actually made a huge pot of homemade beefstew, buttermilk biscuits, and cookie/brownie bars yesterday. It is freezing here today, again, but I must get out of this house. My son may take me to see his new apartment.:upset: My nest is emptying.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning fellow nesters,
                      Sun-hope you didn't freeze your little tooties off (as well as any other body parts) on your ride yesterday.

Sea-Ykks homemade beefstew. Now I'm craving homemade beefstew. I guess I'll just go get some of neuro's left overs.

renew-thanks for tucking extra feathers around the nest last night. It got quite chilly here last night.

By the way ug-ugh-which part of the nest did you say George,Brad and Orlando hung out??

I'm off for now. Hope all my fellow nesters have a great and safe day.
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Mornin my little fine feathered friends.....your welcome Lilmea....I love tucking you gals in at night......even if you do fancy Orlando Bloom......seriously folks....Orlando Bloom?? Hey, Sea, some of that beef stew and biscuits would go down pretty good about now. Sure beats flying around looking for prey. By the way, who would be our most talented 'chef in the nest?' Sun, I'm doing so so....thanks for asking. I had made a commitment (a week ago) to meet somebody at the gym this morning, so gonna try and lift a few weights...probably not the best of choices, but hey, I'm a 'bird of my word'.....have a great day all........................Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes renewal - serioulsy - Orlando Bloom........yummy!!! LOL

Hi nesters - so far for me it's been a tough January. But tonight I'm feeling strong and I am going to have an AF evening. Actually looking forward to some clarity - I haven't been bombed every night or anything, just haven't been Af. Have been modding fairly successfully - however I am so excited about no al being around tonight!

hmmmmmmm, all this food! I'm doing a roast in the crockpot tomorrow so that when come home we have a lovely cooked meal - yummy! Maybe after we'll bake some cookies...
                          Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                          :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'll take Johnny Depp in my corner of the nest please. Renewal, if you want the stew, you better bundle up and strengthen up those birdie biceps so you can fly here.lol.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Okay....'it's on'.....Jonny Depp was the last straw.......allow me to introduce my new friend in the nest.....Heidi Klum....aaaah, yeah...see that.....two can play this game. Now if you'll excuse me, Heidi and I are going for a roll in the ....ah twigs..........

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Peeps! Been an AF day today here. Feeling pretty darn good! You all sound like you're in fine feather, too.

Neuro, I'll dig that recipe up here in a day or so. It's really very similar to banana nut bread, just a little more rich, I guess.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X