• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Looks likea rain day for me - oh well!

Hello & welcome Siren!
    Glad you found the nest & decided to join us. Staying connected to MWO & especially the nest is a good idea. What else is in your plan? Look in the Tool box for lots of great ideas

Rooni, CONGRATS on your 14 AF days :yay:
    Keep moving forward, you'll never be sorry!

Tess, acceptance of where we are when starting this journey helps open the road to recovery. Set your goals then stay on plan. We can do anything we want to do provided we stay focused

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a great AF Wednesday for all.
    Hope you feel better soon sweetpea!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone. Good job Siren. Keep checking in and change that question to a statement. This WILL be day 1. :-)

minstar....I'm so glad that you are back and still determined. My suggestion is first to not minimize what's going on. No you shouldn't say you f'd up and just throw in the towel, but we've all been through it enough to know that no one ever "plans" to get back to drinking....that it starts slowly....often with a holiday....

So, remember what you did when you started your long AF stretch. it was hard in the beginning. You posted here a lot. You came up with a plan and you thought lots about your daughter and why you wanted alcohol out of your life for good. Don't justify by saying that your'e not as bad now as you were then - because you know you're on that path - that's why you're here - and I'll say again - GREAT JOB on getting back on this right away!

The little "blips" that happen aren't insignificant. They are little weaknesses in our cloak of sobriety - where alcohol can start to sneak back into our lives....like moths eating away at your wool blanket....you can keep mending holes - going from one to another, but until you get rid of the moths for good, they will keep coming back - making more little holes, weakening the fibers more and more.

-lola (who recently watched Harry Potter, and is battling pantry moths...)
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nearly 9 and alcohol free because I am trying to lose weight.
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

10 AM and I am alcohol free because I am choosing to be healthy.
          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks lolab. You brought tears to my eyes. Yes my daughter- keep reminding myself of the same thing. :-)
            I know the drinking isn't insignificant and am acutely concerned it can be te beginning of a downward spiral. I hope today I can get back I track. I like your moth/hole analogy! I am not sure which potter you're watching though. Lol

Siren. You're doing great :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning. Still hanging in. BBL.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

11 AM and I am alcohol free because I'm tired of having to pretend I'm cold or hungry because my hands are shaking.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren...I am so happy to see you with us...whatever it takes, I say. One day at a time, one hour at a time, or 15 minutes at a time. THAT'S how the battles are won. As I say in my signature line, and I truly believe it, all you gotta do is get thru THIS day! I'm so happy you found us!! Check out the tool box, too! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

hiya Byrdie...you doin ok???

minstar...it was probably the reason I referenced a sobriety "cloak"...you know...invisibility cloak? sorry....:-)
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesties!

I put my quit smoking date in my signature. We all know once you put it in your signature it's permanent (right?)

Hi Siren! Good to see you here. Just keep reminding yourself WHY you quit drinking. For me it was because I was tired of acting like an idiot (and not even remembering it). Stick close to us, we can help you...we know it's not easy, but it CAN be done!
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's noon and I am alcohol free because I don't want to sleep through any more afternoons.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job, Siren. It is almost noon where I live and I am alcohol-free because I don't want to disappoint my family AGAIN :upset:
                          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the support everyone! I promise to contribute and provide more support if I can just get through the next few days.

One o'clock and I'm alcohol free because I refuse to be controlled by anyone or anything.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren-you are doing great! Hey, can you go outside and take a walk? Even just around the block? The fresh air will help. Keep us posted.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made it another hour. 2 PM and I am alcohol free because I owe it to my employers to not be drunk while I'm working.

I can't go out right now, but thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                                X