• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hiya Siren, just wanna wish you strength and give my support

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren - :goodjob:

Taking one moment at a time. You got the idea. Keep trucking, it will get easier, better, freer for you.

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44;1444928 wrote: Good morning. Still hanging in. BBL.
        Overit - So proud of you for hanging in! You are going through a very rough patch. I think it was Lav who said that you can honor your friend by staying on your AF path. Stay strong by leaning on us Nesters a little bit. :l
        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hanging on (barely). Hands are shaking really badly.

3 PM and I am alcohol free because I want to remember every second I spend with my family and friends.
          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Tess2-yes, it's a bummer. And yesterday I said "she was one" and I have to take that back. I have been in touch with her quite a bit over the last 6 months, and whenever I would see her, it was literally a shock, at how she looked, how swollen she was, how old she looked, how much she shaked, how she smelled, how tormented she was, etc. SHE was who I thought of when I said "holy cow, you've got to get it together. You will end up just like that if you don't nip this thing in the bud right now. No one knows your secret yet but they will." You would think my father's life would have been the thing to get me but maybe it's because I could see myself in her.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

and just like my father, unfortunately, I have to breathe a sigh of relief that she is finally out of her hell. The fight is over, finally. She can rest now.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren, how ya doing? Hanging in there?
                ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

4 PM and hard to type but I'm feeling pretty strong.

I am alcohol free because I'm too young to be this tired all the time.
                  Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Keep going Siren You will not regret this tomorrow

Comment

Newbies Nest

:happy: go siren, go siren, you can do it! You got this!:l
                      ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren, we are all pulling for you...I'm in your time zone!! Nothing is harder than Day 1, so you get this behind you, and you will be one happy Nester!!

Overit...It is a progression, it's up to us where we get off the ride. Glad it was sooner for us instead of later!! Hang in...Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there Siren! What's your plan for this evening? Maybe take a long bath, read a book, have some tea and go to bed early so your body can start to heal? Keep us posted...you have quite a group of cheerleaders here!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9-I was just going to ask Siren the same thing. What's our plan for when you get off work?

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Go Siren!! You've come this far! You're almost there!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am 16 days AF and I notice a big change in our two Lab-mix dogs. When I was drinking, they used to look at me with their big, sad eyes as if to say, "Something isn't right around here." I thought that I was just projecting the guilt I felt onto them. That is, I thought that they weren't really thinking anything -- that I was just imagining them to be sad. But since I've stopped drinking, they seem to be getting happier with each passing day -- and I don't think that I'm imagining it. I just got home from school, and they were so happy that they were "dancing" in circles around me and wagging their tails with delight. :dog:

Overit - Yes, she is finally out of her hell. We are escaping hell, too, by staying sober.

Siren - My "day one" was 16 days ago, and it was extremely painful like everyone's first day. I feel the intensity of your struggle. Continue to post on Newbies Nest, read through the Tool Box, drink as much of any alcohol-free beverage as you can. These things, and more, got me through it.

ODAT - how are you today?
                                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                                pointed the way
                                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Working...
                                X