Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Well, I work from home, so that adds to the drama for me. My husband makes mead, so I am literally surrounded. But I feel really strong because, quite frankly, getting this physically dependent on alcohol scared me. I was planning on going to the gym tonight, to get out of the house for a bit.

The part that's going to be hard is trying to sleep tonight. I have some herbal sleeping pills and Benedryl - I'm going to try that.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Im good tess, thanks for asking I feel like I can make it through tonigh, wednesdays are hard but I can do it damn it! Go me and go all us nesters we gots diz as the kids say.
      ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

5 PM and I'm alcohol free because my dogs deserves to be taken care of by someone who is coherent and won't accidentally leave them outside too long.

Good luck tonight everyone!
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren, I am medical and surrounded by drugs all day, many of my profession become addicted to the tools of their trade. I, thankfully, was never tempted by them. Think of your husband's mead as a drug that you are addicted to and must quit.
          It is hard but success will be all the sweeter and your resistance to alcohol all the stronger in the future.
          Courage.....you CAN do this

Comment

Newbies Nest

odat1234;1445177 wrote: ...wednesdays are hard but I can do it damn it!...
            Yes, ODAT, you can damn well do wednesdays too!! Alcohol does not own the corner market on wednesdays -- it belongs to us!! :yes2:
            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
            pointed the way
            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1445191 wrote: Yes, ODAT, you can damn well do wednesdays too!! Alcohol does not own the corner market on wednesdays -- it belongs to us!! :yes2:
              Lol, right!, im taking wednesdays back!
              ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

6 PM and I am alcohol free because I want to reclaim my life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren - i think you should collate all your hourly posts of the reasons why you don't want to drink and put them up somewhere where you can read them every day. I think they're awesome. So good in fact I'd even suggest it for newbies (or oldies) on their Day 1's.

Good work Siren.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren136;1445218 wrote: 6 PM and I am alcohol free because I want to reclaim my life.

And you will
                    reclaim your life, Siren!! You deserve to have your life back. Take it!! :yougo:
                    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1445220 wrote: Siren - i think you should collate all your hourly posts of the reasons why you don't want to drink and put them up somewhere where you can read them every day. I think they're awesome. So good in fact I'd even suggest it for newbies (or oldies) on their Day 1's.

Good work Siren.
                      Thanks - I think I will. I've been going back through and re-reading them throughout the day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

7 PM and I'm alcohol free because I don't want to have any more stupid drunk arguments with my husband that neither of us can remember in the morning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren - I love all your "I am AF because...." posts. I agree with RC that we ALL need to be thinking about these things.

I have MANY reasons why I want to be AF, but the first thing that came to my mind tonight is my family (which includes my animals). I want to be alcohol free because I love my family and they deserve better. I am not available to them when I'm drinking.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well it's 8 PM - I made it 12 hours!

I am alcohol free because it steals positive things from me - money, time, health, and looks and gives me back only negatives.

This will probably be my last post of the night. I'm going to take a long bath, and get ready for bed.

Thanks so much for all your support today! I have tried so many times, so I definitely needed you all today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren, I admire your guts! You deserve what you are fighting so hard for! AF life is not about deprivation, it is THE relief that we need after our suffering.

Rooniferd, you sound so relaxed and positive after your two weeks! It's great to see!

Stay strong and have a great AF night, friends.
                              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooni-I agree with Pinecone, you sound very at peace. Congrats.

Siren-I hope you have a peaceful evening. Come back and join us tomorrow.

Good night my fellow nesters.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Working...
                                X