• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening all yuo happy Nesters

Siren, good job today!
    Working from home is tough, I know from personal experience
    Keep telling yourself that mead is poison - you won't drink poison!

This week is going fast for some reason but that's OK.
    Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest. Don't forget the butt velcro if needed
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

evening
      bad day at work. evil boss was really on her broom. went to the gym to vent. watching TV then early to bed, whew!!
      dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren, wanted to check in and see how you are doing....I am so proud of you for getting thru Day 1. You are a champion! Tuck on in and we will see you tomorrow...Well Done! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thinking of u tonight siren...strenght! Hope to hear from u tomorrow.
          ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters,

Siren - good job on getting through yesterday. Hope you had a peaceful night.

Of out to work again, cant wait until sat when i hopefully will have a lie-in

Wishing all a lovely Thursday xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! Just checking in for this Thursday. Day 2.

I probably won't check in every hour today, but I will post if I need to.

I am alcohol free because I want to learn how to deal with my stress and anxiety instead of drowning them.
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Good for you Siren - just keep going & check in when you can

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a terrific AF Thursday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning!

Great job to everyone on getting through the first half of the week . Today is Thursday and I don't have anything major going on today or tomorrow...used to be a good reason to drink. But now I can't imagine giving up an hour - let alone two precious days of my life...completely giving them up. What if it turned out that I only had 3 left? And I completely wasted two of them? Nope. I am living my life now - instead of watching it happen without me.

lola
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

May I join your family?

Hello, Happy Hippy here. I have been reading this thread for weeks now and feel like it's a comfy, cozy safe place to land. I look forward to starting my days here with you. I know I have alot to learn and I hope to somehow get support and also to lend support to others. Happy Thursday everyone. :wavin::hiya::lilangel::nicemeeting:
                    renewal;520252 wrote: Welcome one and all...we are pleased to have you here as one of our family. We offer a home where you can 'nestle in' and feel safe as we help support one another in our journey together. I encourage you to visit each and every day and stay 'plugged in' to us throughout. We are in this together and benefit most by helping one another and ourselves by sharing our experiences. There's plenty of room here in the nest, so feel free to bring a friend. Should it become crowded, I'll go out and get more twigs.
                    Renewal
                    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

neurogenic;520275 wrote: Hi Renewal,

long time, i wondered if we should be doing a spring clean...I'll go get the worms if you get the twigs.

Hopeyou are well, how is everyone doing?

Nx
                      Spring cleaning??? What a brilliant idea. I really look forward to clearing the clutter of so many years of neglect. But, where to start???
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren136;1445218 wrote: 6 PM and I am alcohol free because I want to reclaim my life.
                        Siren, I am so very proud of you. This is a wonderful decision you have made. It's keeps getting better and better. I love life again and so will you! Stay in touch. We care...alot!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, everyone! Rainy day in my part of the nest today.

I just wanted to bring up this thing called "euphoric recall" again. Some of you might remember Mario's words that I reposted the other day about it.

I was just reading through my wall on Facebook, and one of my favorite restaurants just posted "Get ready for the snow! $2.50 margaritas all day long!!!"

Suddenly I felt that "euphoric" sensation of how wonderful it would be to skip out of work and head there and drink those tasty margaritas all day. I could just taste that sweet lime flavor as they went down the hatch. I would get kinda giddy with that initial buzz. Man, wouldn't that just be GREAT on a rainy day?? I deserve it, after all!

Hold on a minute....

Reality check....

Suddenly, I push all those thoughts of euphoria out of my head. Sure, the day might start like I described above, but it surely wouldn't end like that. I would drink way more than I should. I would probably go through periods of black out at some point. I would make an ass out of myself in front of people. I would have conversations that I wouldn't even remember later. I would probably call some people I didn't even really want to talk to. I would pay my enormous bar tab and give the bartender some huge tip because I really think he's my best friend at that moment. And then after all that, I would drive home drunk!

After coming home and passing out for a few hours (assuming I didn't get pulled over and arrested), I would wake up the next morning in a pure panic.....

Where's my car? Did I really drive? Where's my purse? Where's my phone? Oh my God, who did I call? Oh no, I have a deadline today that I haven't finished. Did I feed my dogs last night?

You get the idea.....

So, back to that euphoric recall thing. It's completely false. It's not real. It's bullshit!

That is myt story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morn'n Nesters! Good to see everyone!!
                            Hippy, well you can start in that hall closet...you can't even see the floor!! Bahaha...well, that's the way mine was. I went thru my house methodically and cleaned it out...years of neglect. It feels good and is cathartic! I'm so glad you are making the nest your home. It keeps me grounded...and reminds me that I must always be vigilant.

Siren, I found even days to be easier...it's a thing I have about even and odd days...and remember...you will never have 2 bad days in a row...don't ask me why, perhaps it's a merciful gift from the spirits (drinking joke).

Overit, it's always lovely to see your smiling bag in the morning! You are doing so well!!

Sweetpea is also killing it...well done!

Rooni, yep....EUPHORIC RECALL is the Beast's #1 sidekick. But as I was telling Tess the other day....I didn't drink like that...it was gulping wine from a box in my closet praying not to get caught. Far from the relaxing by the pool scenario that my mind wants to paint. Push these thoughts out....they are a trick! (and a pretty good one!) You are doing great!

Lola, Lav, K9, Pinecone...I get so much strength from your posts....I hope you realize that even an old Newbie needs your words, too.

Have a great day, all....MindPeace!! Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone

Just starting out indeed! Been drinking way too much for past 17 years and partner and child are now getting fed up of it!
                              Can't moderate so it seems to be all or nothing. Suffer from depression so shouldn't drink anyway.
                              Well I feel great today having had nothing last night, wish I could remind myself how good these hangover free days are.
                              Stress is my trigger so I need to find alternative relaxation techniques - suggestions please.
                              This weekend is going to be a test, so your support would be gratefully appreciated :thanks:
                              AF since 16/01/2013 :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

First Day...well you have landed yourself in the best possible place if you are ready to grab your life back by the ...... horns, yes, horns is what I was gonna say!!

I'd suggest reading back a couple weeks so you can get to know us, and to see how those first couple days are tackled!! Also, please find the link to the Tool Box in my signature line below. There are tons of tips and coping skills to get thru the first very challenging days! We are so glad you found us....if someone like me with a 25 year history can do it...I KNOW you can, too!! When you feel like it, we hope you'll tell us what got you into action to find help....sometimes, just getting it out on paper helps us face it!! Welcome aboard! Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X