Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thank you for your welcome Byrdlady

I've just had a quick look at the tool box and I think this will be very useful.

Many thanks
    AF since 16/01/2013 :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, just thought I'd check in again. Still going strong, not even really tempted (yet). The only reason I wanted to drink yesterday is to stop all the hand shaking.

I didn't sleep well last night, but I knew I wouldn't. Even so, I wasn't really tempted to slip up and have a strong drink or two to send me off to sleep.

First day, yesterday was my day 1 and the folks on here got me through it. I know what you are going through. Stay strong!

I am alcohol free because I want to help other people be alcohol free.
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, First Day :welcome: We are so happy to have you here with us! Yes, the toolbox, lots of reading and lots of posting are great ways to get started. Make yourself comfy and make yourself a plan and soon you will be racking up the AF days!
        Welcome, Hippie. I have "seen" you around the other threads and am really glad you are joining the N.N. Great Job on your string of AF days! You are doing a great job!
        Siren, I also want to say :goodjob: to you.
        I had a lot of struggles myself yesterday, and your posts strengthened me. When I woke up this morning, I was DEFINITELY happy that I did not drink yesterday. Like they always say - we won't have 2 bad days in a row!
        Stay Strong Everyone!
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

rooniferd;1445506 wrote: Good morning, everyone! Rainy day in my part of the nest today.

I just wanted to bring up this thing called "euphoric recall" again. Some of you might remember Mario's words that I reposted the other day about it.

I was just reading through my wall on Facebook, and one of my favorite restaurants just posted "Get ready for the snow! $2.50 margaritas all day long!!!"...

rooni - thanks for the reminder about Euphoric Recall. I need lots of reminders! You are doing amazing work!!

It's interesting that the restaurant posted Get ready for the snow! $2.50 margaritas all day long!
          Is getting drunk the best way to get ready for driving in snow? People die in auto accidents every day -- even sober drivers. How much worse are things when we are drunk!! I think the restaurant should think twice before posting something so ridiculous.

Okay, gotta run to my next class.
          Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
          pointed the way
          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

FIRST DAY OF;1445532 wrote: I've just had a quick look at the tool box and I think this will be very useful.

Many thanks
            Lots of great tools to help keep you sober are here! :welcome:
            Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren136;1445533 wrote: Hi all, just thought I'd check in again. Still going strong, not even really tempted (yet). The only reason I wanted to drink yesterday is to stop all the hand shaking.

I didn't sleep well last night, but I knew I wouldn't. Even so, I wasn't really tempted to slip up and have a strong drink or two to send me off to sleep.

First day, yesterday was my day 1 and the folks on here got me through it. I know what you are going through. Stay strong!

I am alcohol free because I want to help other people be alcohol free.
              :goodjob: I'm so glad you are here with us!
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thanks: Thanks, Hippy! I'm glad I found you guys.

I am alcohol free because I deserve the best life I can make for myself.
                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

rooniferd;1445506 wrote: I was just reading through my wall on Facebook, and one of my favorite restaurants just posted "Get ready for the snow! $2.50 margaritas all day long!!!"
                  Let me tell you what $1 margaritas ended up costing me:

-My second DUI...I was throwing up and driving at the same time, I tried to tell the cops I had the "flu". I was driving my brand new SUV that eventually got reposessed...I couldn't make the payments and pay all my fines
                  -A nice visit to the local jail for 20 days
                  -45 days of work furlough (jail...but they let you out during the day)
                  -$25,000 in fines and fees
                  -18 months of alcohol school
                  -A cellmate named Diablo

"Romantacize" that!!!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9,
                    If all of that hadn't happened.....we wouldn't know & love you as much as we do!
                    Thank you for being so upfront about you experience. I am sure it has helped many a Newbie past & present
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav...and thank YOU for being one of the first to welcome me to the Nest!!!

When I got "honest" with myself is when I finally started to heal...I hope my experiences can help others without them actually having to go through it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1445634 wrote: Let me tell you what $1 margaritas ended up costing me:

-My second DUI...I was throwing up and driving at the same time, I tried to tell the cops I had the "flu". I was driving my brand new SUV that eventually got reposessed...I couldn't make the payments and pay all my fines
                        -A nice visit to the local jail for 20 days
                        -45 days of work furlough (jail...but they let you out during the day)
                        -$25,000 in fines and fees
                        -18 months of alcohol school
                        -A cellmate named Diablo

"Romantacize" that!!!
                        OMG...Angels watch over you now!

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, I wonder how ole Diablo is doing?

You are an amazing success story....to us now, it seems like you have it all...it's hard to believe how much you stuggled to get it back. I'm so proud of us all...fighting for our lives back. It IS worth it...love you, B
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you my Beloved Byrdie! :h How are you doing today? I've been thinking of you a lot lately, I know your father passing was painful. :l:l

I can't ever let myself forget where I was. I want other people to know that no matter how BAD it seems at the time, things CAN change. It's not easy, but it's sooo worth it. Never give up on yourself...as long as you're breathing, there is hope!

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9,
                              I think Stella egged you on a little :H :H
                              Just glad it worked
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree K9. Your honesty and ability to paint that "picture" very clearly is just about the best tool anybody could have in their arsenal...it's all fun and games until - well, until it's not.
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X