Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1445634 wrote: Let me tell you what $1 margaritas ended up costing me:

-My second DUI...I was throwing up and driving at the same time, I tried to tell the cops I had the "flu". I was driving my brand new SUV that eventually got reposessed...I couldn't make the payments and pay all my fines
    -A nice visit to the local jail for 20 days
    -45 days of work furlough (jail...but they let you out during the day)
    -$25,000 in fines and fees
    -18 months of alcohol school
    -A cellmate named Diablo

"Romantacize" that!!!
    K9 - they don't kid around with DUIs these days, do they? Unlike a lot of nesters who drank at home in private, my drinking has been out with friends, at bars, partying....I can't tell you how many times I've driven drunk. I got a DUI about five years ago, and yes it cost me a lot of money, but it was nothing near as bad as your experience. I didn't have to do any jail time.

Drinking and driving. God, I get the shivers just thinking about how STUPID I've been over the years. I'm lucky to be alive. And everyone on the road with me those nights are also lucky to be alive.

Quitting this drinking nightmare is the best thing I've ever done in my entire life. It has SAVED my life. I can never go back to that hell hole. My luck has run out, this I know!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day everyone.

Good to see First Day and Siren hanging around. Hey Hippy, what's up?

Was Stella real? What's that story all about anyway?

Gotta run, stay strong, like Byrdie always says "dig in your heels" and don't lose this quit for nothing or no one.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters.....just popping into the nest to gather my resolve before the witching hour starts for me in about 1/2 hour. Yesterday was tougher than it has been lately. Not sure why, but hoping it is better tonight. I think once I hit day 15, and thought to myself, you have another 15 to go before that first 30 day goal, maybe that was what made it harder. Not sure. Oh well, I'll just go back to the one day at a time thought mindset again.....seemed to be what worked. However, it's hard not to think of how many more days until the first goal is accomplished.
        K9, Lav Byrdie and Hippyman (welcome to the Nest, Hippy) and so many others ...you too Rooni and Star....are all inspirations to me. Also helped along by our January 1rst team, all on day 17 together.
        Okay, deep breath and off I go to have another successful evening!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit...Stella is the name of Lav's star chicken, the one in her avatar! She is a fiesty ole bird! Then another nester, Nanette, bought an amaryllis flower as her quit buddy and she named it Stella (the flower). Running Courage wrote about both of them, differentiating them by saying Stella (the chook) (that must mean Chicken in Scottish) and Stella (the flower). Stella (the chook) is a fixture here in the nest...Lav posts pictures of her in different poses and sometimes her eggs and such. She is a real spirited bird!!! B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stella is the that beautiful chicken in Lav's avatar

I'd love to say after my DUI fiascos that I quit drinking, but nope, I just switched to being an "at-home-only" drinker...which led to a whole different type of chaos!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day...I found solice in the fact that if I'd had an AF day yesterday, by golly, I can do the same today. Rinse and Repeat....Rinse and Repeat. You KNOW you CAN do it...so just plan on it. Like my thing at the bottom says, all you gotta do is get thru this day! Well done on your 15!!! Keep it going, you will never be sorry for being sober! (that was an odd truth). Just get thru tonight, and you'll be good to go. Hugs, B
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44;1445723 wrote: Good day everyone.

Good to see First Day and Siren hanging around. Hey Hippy, what's up?

Was Stella real? What's that story all about anyway?

Gotta run, stay strong, like Byrdie always says "dig in your heels" and don't lose this quit for nothing or no one.
                Happy Hippy had a new visitor today at my feeder. My 3 girls sat at the window and we watched with amazement. Here, have a look at the kinda bird we saw. Sorta reminds me of the old cartoon bird Woody? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RivgJ6yarnI[/video]]Pileated Woodpecker - YouTube
                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie....oh, there is NO doubt I will get through tonight! It may bug me a bit but I will soldier on. AL will not get the better of me today. Even though I still have a lot of trouble getting to sleep....I always wake up glad I didn't drink.
                  I've learned to be so much more positive about this quit through everyone here. I'm so grateful for that.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

Checking in for the last time today. Still hanging tough and glad to see everyone else's resolve. I'll be leaving in 15-20 minutes for a 2 hour spin class I do every Thursday night . It's 45 minutes each way, so I usually don't get home until close to 9. My normal route home passes me by a liquor store and I always stop in. I won't do it tonight, I promise!

I hope everyone else feels as good as I do right now. Keep going!
                    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yay...everyone sounds really positive!
                      Siren, the rain started just in time to get me out of my 4:30 walk!! So spin some for me! This is all a mindset...imagine success and you will have it! I am so happy for you! B
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1445751 wrote: Yay...everyone sounds really positive!
                        Siren, the rain started just in time to get me out of my 4:30 walk!! So spin some for me! This is all a mindset...imagine success and you will have it! I am so happy for you! B
                        I will, Byrd, thanks! I'll be thinking of this group when I fly by it and give it the finger!
                        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi folks. Just stopping by to say hello!
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1445634 wrote: Let me tell you what $1 margaritas ended up costing me:

-My second DUI...I was throwing up and driving at the same time, I tried to tell the cops I had the "flu". I was driving my brand new SUV that eventually got reposessed...I couldn't make the payments and pay all my fines
                            -A nice visit to the local jail for 20 days
                            -45 days of work furlough (jail...but they let you out during the day)
                            -$25,000 in fines and fees
                            -18 months of alcohol school
                            -A cellmate named Diablo

"Romantacize" that!!!
                            K9 - I feel very sad that you had to go through that. uch: Most of us posting on this site have probably deserved a DUI many times over. Some of us just lucked out. I was a closet drinker (literally) but sometimes my stash would run out during the day. I HAD to restock no matter how drunk I was. So, off I'd drive to the store. Later, when I would sober up a bit, I would think, "My luck is going to run out. One of these times I'm going to make a drunk mistake while driving, and it's all going to be over except for the crying..."

Your post is a very good reminder of how dangerous it is to be an alcoholic. We lose everything, don't we? Our health, our sanity, our money, our dignity, relationships, jobs, and the list goes on and on. It's a complete loss -- and for what??

I'm so grateful that you are here with us. I have gained so much from your posts!! :thanks:
                            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1445798 wrote: "My luck is going to run out. One of these times I'm going to make a drunk mistake while driving, and it's all going to be over except for the crying..."
                              Aye Tess - exactly what I was thinking in my last months of drinking (and driving)...

The not-funny-at-all thing is, is that when I slipped back in November - I went right back to driving under the influence...

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1445802 wrote: Aye Tess - exactly what I was thinking in my last months of drinking (and driving)...

The not-funny-at-all thing is, is that when I slipped back in November - I went right back to driving under the influence...

RC - Of course you went right back to driving under the influence. If I were to swig down a six-pack in the next hour or so (It wouldn't take any longer than that!), I would get in my car and head for the store for more beer. Once I start drinking I absolutely cannot stop. And once I am drunk I lose the ability to make wise decisions. It's when I sober up a bit that the FEAR sets in.

I am so happy and grateful -- happy and grateful
                                -- that I have been sober for 17 days and that I am sober at this very moment.

On January 1st (my first day of sobriety) my husband and I watched The Way We Were (Redford and Streisand) on TV. It seemed like alcohol was being consumed in nearly every scene. Alcohol IS romanticized -- which is very sad and tragic.
                                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                                pointed the way
                                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Working...
                                X