Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

kuya;1446472 wrote: It amazes me how these little disturbances in chemistry can cause such huge destruction of function. We are a very complex machine and millions of years of evolution cannot be messed with without consequences.

We are a clever little monkey......but sometimes too clever for our own good
    kuya - Clever little monkey, indeed! Happy Friday evening blessings to you ~:armsaround:
    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1446477 wrote: kuya - Clever little monkey, indeed! Happy Friday evening blessings to you ~:armsaround:
      Ah Tess.....WAY ahead of you ......tis Saturday 2pm here

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, you can't get anything over on Kuya, besides being smarter than your average cougar, AND a day ahead of us all...she also interprets dreams and reads MINDS!!! The only flaw I have found is that I don't think she eats chocolate....this could be our ONLY edge! Bahahaha...:H:H:H Kuya is our secret weapon!!! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just want to say that not drinking is the best thing we will ever do for ourselves and those we love.

I just got back from working out at Curves (I love Curves) and now I am eating a salad with lettuce, carrots, onions, pecans chicken, mandarin oranges, craisins, chow mein noodles, sesame seeds and sesame ginger dressing and a big glass of water. Does it get any better than this?

I have a funny story to share from my week. Our staff is having a post Christmas staff party tonight. Well guess who they sent to get the liquor licence? You guessed it, yours truly. I thought hey it has been over two months since I had a drink. I will be fine. Well if you had have seen me you would have laughed. The man who was helping me was new so he kept having to leave me to go ask a question. Here I am SURROUNDED by booze. :wow:Right in front of me was Arbor Mist. Al started talking to me saying things like "Who would know"? "It is just Arbor Mist, you can drink a whole bottle of that stuff and not even be drunk." My mouth started to water, I think a little drool escaped and rolled down my chin at one point. I caught myself licking my lips at one point. I think that I had that look that people have on movies when they have just "finished" s.e.x.. :nutso:At one point I saw Matthew McConehay's face on a bottle giving me the come hither look. I even told the guy helping me,"Do not let me buy any booze because I had quit two months ago." He said, "That's ok I wouldn't tell anyone." I looked at him and said, "You are not helping." Well to make a long story short (I know too late) 35 mins. later I left without a liquor licence because of some stuff I didn't know and with NO BOOZE!:yay::yay:. This was a good eye opener. I am still not ready to go into a booze filled room unattended. LOL Also if you need a liquor licence for your soiree, shin dig, get together or ho down, I am not your girl. :H

Other than that I am doing well. I am going to the party tonight and I have bought some O'Douls (de-alchaholized) beer. I am going for a bit and then home. I have 12 inches of snow to shovel tomorrow. That will be my workout for tomorrow and Sunday I think. :jumpin:

Hang in there everyone. Have a safe AF weekend.
          AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

P.S. got told I used too many smileys. That hasn't happened in a while.
            AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1446480 wrote: Tess, you can't get anything over on Kuya, besides being smarter than your average cougar, AND a day ahead of us all...she also interprets dreams and reads MINDS!!! The only flaw I have found is that I don't think she eats chocolate....this could be our ONLY edge! Bahahaha...:H:H:H Kuya is our secret weapon!!! B
              This is cos, being in NZ I can see your future !!! :H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to see you Nanette.... We worry when you miss school

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi guys. I have not read back at all as I have no time. Since my last visit here things have been hectic with my dad. He had a minor pre-chemo/radio procedure 12 days ago and appeared ok. Next few days went seriously downhill. By Saturday, he was so ill and confused that he went to the bathroom and ended up on the floor with the lights out and the key out of the door. Situation lasted so long and was very distressing. By next day I rang emergency doc and he said to get him in right away. Serious infection, possible pneumonia. kept in and next morning was so distressed he pulles out his drips and said he was going home.....got him sorted and on to a ward where the sister was a control freak who didn't take his needs for family into account. dad was so hurt and angry and scared - it was heartbreaking. Been drama ever but Thank God he is home as of last night. Nurses coming 3 times a day to give him IV antibiotics.
                  Such an awful situation - a very proud man - feel so lost - family don't seem to realise......
                  I need help now from you guys. Tomorrow I want to get started. This is a very long story made short. Our hearts are broken and every day presents another fear along with another bit of relief.
                  So tired. I won't be on here as much as I want but I will try my best. I need to be sober right now.....
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy.....clear your house of booze, shop and stock up on ALL provisions for a week and plan to stay home, rest and cry when you need. Your dad needs you sober, you need you sober

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=Nanette;1446481]I just want to say that not drinking is the best thing we will ever do for ourselves and those we love.

...Al started talking to me saying things like "Who would know"? "It is just Arbor Mist, you can drink a whole bottle of that stuff and not even be drunk." My mouth started to water, I think a little drool escaped and rolled down my chin at one point... [QUOTE]

Nanette! I have missed you!! One of our Labs, the younger of the two, drools as he waits for his dinner. :dog: It's not the thick, gooey drool, but pure liquid -- and it drips in a pool on the floor. Honestly, it does not take me that long to put their dinner together!!

You sound well. Yes, NOT drinking is the BEST thing we will ever do for ourselves and those we love. I can't think of anything better that we could do.

There is no upper limit to Smilies. Really, it's up to the sender. We are FREE and we can send as many Smilies as we want to!! :rockband:

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy...I feel like yours is a rerun of what I have just gone thru. My heart sure goes out to you, it is absolutely draining in every way. But I had ONE thing going for ME....I was sober. And you can be, too. I had to do it, we had shifts of people sitting with Dad and then there were decisions that had to be made and such. If you have ever set your mind to something before, please do it now. Your family will need you...ALL of you, everything you can give and more. If I can do it, I KNOW you can. Set your mind to it and don't let anything or anybody derail you. Tempers will flair and nerves will be on edge...you will need every advantage you can find!
                        I will be thinking of you and praying for your strength....thank you so much for all you did for me during my ordeal...just let me know what I can do for you now. All my love, B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette...it's so true, those bottles sprout heads and a spiked tail and they TALK! No, LURE us to them....
                          Your description of your experience is priceless! Well done for getting the heck outta there! So glad you are doing well! B
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

new on the block

just joined tonight -- AF since New Years and taking Campral for 2 weeks. Been thru a special kind of hell after binge drinking since 2008 with 2 clinical detox's and many un-supervised detox periods in between.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya, thank you, I will do all of that. Byrdie, my special friend, still here even through all you have just experienced - I am so grateful for your support and have never needed it more than now......
                              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya and Byrdie,

You both make me laugh and you keep me honest: Two very important qualities!!

kuya- No chocolate, honestly! Okay, I can live with that if I must... :wow2: So... are you in bed now, or just getting out of bed, or what...

Byrdie - You're on the East Coast - good ole USA, right? It's time for organic loose-leaf put-you-to-sleep tea, yes?

As for me and my house - I'm going to make some Hot Chocolate. kuya, if you're awake, or not already in bed tomorrow night, you are welcome to join me. :beach:

The man pulling radishes
                                pointed the way
                                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Working...
                                X