Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Well... I posted on the roll call list... but Star, I'm waiting for my moon....

7 DAYS!!!!!! ROAR! Go Rainy Renee! oh ra! oh ra! oh ra!

(ok.. cheering for myself here...) hee hee!

So HAPPY!

Going to go out and play in the sun with the kiddos!
    I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya, Rainy! I have been chasing you all over the threads, mooning you all the while!:moon:your award is over in the roll call thread! We are so proud of you!!! Go Rainy!
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday Nester's! It's chilly this morning so the girls and I all have our "hoodies" on. I plan on taking them on a shopping trip to Gander Mountain this afternoon. I need some new running shoes and they are having a sale. It;s my new favorite store cause they welcome you to bring your pets in with you. My girls always get lots of lovin from other shoppers and the staff look forward to seeing them too. It's been several years since I've done any kind of exercises so getting good shoes is step one. Wish me luck!!!
        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

:yay::applaud:inkele::banana: :goodjob: 7 DAYS!!! YES!
          Rainyday;1446821 wrote: Well... I posted on the roll call list... but Star, I'm waiting for my moon....

7 DAYS!!!!!! ROAR! Go Rainy Renee! oh ra! oh ra! oh ra!

(ok.. cheering for myself here...) hee hee!

So HAPPY!

Going to go out and play in the sun with the kiddos!
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1446792 wrote: Morn'n Nesters!
            Siren, you are kicking butt and taking names! You realize that when you hit 7 AF days, our own Star gives you an award! She's gonna MOON you!!

I found it helpful to schedule things for myself to do....set myself to tasks...that helped me get thru the weekends so I didn't have time to sit around and thing about what I WASNT doing. I like to bake, so I would (and still do) bake things and take them to folks who aren't expecting a treat. Question.....which did you find more difficult, Day 1 or Day 2?? I think you are on Day 3 now, right?
            Wednesday was my Day 1, so I am on Day 4 now :happy: I do have a bunch of things I need to do today but I still have this awful headache. I thought my days of waking up with a headache were behind me

Day 1 was definitely harder for me than Day 2. The thing that always kept me going back for more was the insomnia I always experience when I didn't drink myself into a coma at night.
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

This is my Facebook status today:

‎-27 feels like -35 with the wind!!!!! :wow: Oh no I left my snow shoveling until today! Well maybe I can't do it now. Or I will just dress super warm. Yes that is what I will do. And I will wear a super hero cape while I am doing and a bella callava. Then I could be "Super Ninja Snow Shovel Girl" I have to go now I want to find my "light saber" (all said while hands on hips chest puffed out and chin pointing towards the sky) I need a theme song. I don't think my previous theme song "White and Nerdy" (You tube it if you don't know it) will work for this.

It just gives you an idea of what I will be doing today. LOL

Siren - Good morning. When I quit I woke up with headaches for the first week or more. I thought it was because I am experiencing a hang over. What I mean is, When we drank too much and woke up with a hang over it was because our body was wanting the alcohol in it to feel "normal" again (our alcohol fed normal). So really the symptoms of quitting are just like a hang over, headaches, nausea, light headed, tired and mood swings. Until your body learns what the new normal is it will be asking for the old normal. If you think of it this way it kind of makes sense. Hang in there. All these felling will get less with time. Ask yourself this. Maybe you would have had trouble sleeping all along if you didn't drink. How old are you? That could be part of it too. I am 55 1/2 and have menopause yay!, :nutso: and not sleeping is part of the package.

Tess 2 - It sounds like you have a great day planned. Have a great one. :specs:

Hi New Day. I am so happy to hear the bounce in your typing! You are doing great!

Daisy - I hope prayers can travel as far as you are. I have also been in your situation with my Mom who was also my best friend and life line. It is hard. You will get through it. Take care of yourself too.

I know I have not gotten to everyone. However hang in there and it will be great!

I think we all need theme songs! What do you say. Should I start a theme song thread? Do I know how to start a thread? I guess we will see.
              AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette;1446844 wrote: This is my Facebook status today:

‎-27 feels like -35 with the wind!!!!! :wow: Oh no I left my snow shoveling until today! Well maybe I can't do it now. Or I will just dress super warm. Yes that is what I will do. And I will wear a super hero cape while I am doing and a bella callava. Then I could be "Super Ninja Snow Shovel Girl" I have to go now I want to find my "light saber" (all said while hands on hips chest puffed out and chin pointing towards the sky) I need a theme song. I don't think my previous theme song "White and Nerdy" (You tube it if you don't know it) will work for this.

It just gives you an idea of what I will be doing today. LOL

I think we all need theme songs! What do you say. Should I start a theme song thread? Do I know how to start a thread? I guess we will see. ...
                Good Morning Nanette - Love your snow shoveling plans!! :snowflake:

Yes, we all need a theme song! The woman who cuts my hair gave me my theme song six years ago: Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight. She's called me Eric ever since. I'm sure that everyone in The Nest has a theme song -- or could come up with one!! :band2:
                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1446861 wrote: Good Morning Nanette - Love your snow shoveling plans!! :snowflake:

Yes, we all need a theme song! The woman who cuts my hair gave me my theme song six years ago: Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight. She's called me Eric ever since. I'm sure that everyone in The Nest has a theme song -- or could come up with one!! :band2:
                  I think so too. We should start this.
                  AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Theme Song thread

Nanette;1446864 wrote: I think so too. We should start this.
                    Well... I don't know how to start a thread. I just hang out in Newbies Nest.

Maybe we should wait until tomorrow. That would give other Nesters a chance to say whether or not they would like to post a theme song. I'm always very democratic!!

I can imagine some of the theme songs would be really funny. A lot of folks here have a fabulous sense of humor. Me -- I'm a practical gal -- a real stick-in-the-mud. I think the thread would be good for a lot of laughs and some serious moments too. :notes:

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette;1446844 wrote:

‎...I need a theme song. I don't think my previous theme song "White and Nerdy" (You tube it if you don't know it) will work for this...
                      Nanette - just listened to White and Nerdy for the first time. So funny!!! :rockon:

Gotta get back to my homework... :rolleyesmonkey:

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

A theme song? Hmmm, I'll give that some thought!

Rainyday - a big CONGRATS to you today :yay:
                        Keep up the great work!

Siren, headaches are pretty common around here but don't let that throw you off your plan. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water, tea, etc to be sure you're not dehydrated.
                        I have a bit of a head thing going on too today but mine is always caused by weather changes. It's gotten quite windy & I hear the temps will be dropping, leaving us very cold. I think a fire this evening will be a good idea to warm my tootsies

Greetings Nanette of the north, Tess & everyone!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats, Rainy!! I'm right behind you!

Theme songs is a great idea. Maybe mine for my husband should be "You ain't much fun since I quit drinking" as he's been getting on my nerves. But then again he always did when he was drunk and I wasn't. I kid, I kid. I'll think of a better one.

Nanette - I guess I always that headaches after drinking was from being dehydrated. It makes perfect sense that it's the body telling you to drink more. I hope my body gets the picture soon that that isn't going to happen and knocks it off!

Lav - Yes, I have been drinking tons of water with lemon and, while I have never really been much of a tea drinker, I had decaf tea twice yesterday. The headache is finally gone, thankfully. I think the combination of extra strength Tylenol and lying on an acupressure pad for 15 minutes did the trick.
                          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Theme songs???!!! That sounds fun!! I will put on my thinking cap for this! Trust me, anyone can start a thread...all you gotta do it pick a catagory from the right side in blue...like General Discussion or What we're Reading, you know the ones and when you click on that up in the upper left is says Start a new thread or something like that. If I can do it, I know you can!
                            Siren, sorry I got your day wrong...I've been a little off lately myself. Are you finding even days to be easier? It was a silly game I had going with myself, but you do what you gotta do. But I am here to tell you, that when you get to Day 13, something clicks in your head and you will feel like this really IS something you can do!!! You are doing so well, I am happy for you!

Tess, you are so funny!! We have a great group of nesters, don't you think? That Nanette just cracks me up, too. I don't think she'd ever seen smilies before she got here! :H:H:H

Have a happy day everyone! Stay strong! B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette....I hope you had sense enough to stay indoors.....with that wind, whatever you shovelled out could be right back in your driveway from your neighbours!
                              Tess....I hope you got your homework done....we all want to be at your grad party
                              Rainy......congratulations on 7 days......it really is something to celebrate.....it wasn't too long ago for me that I could never get past 4 days......so you've got the toughest stretch behind you.....keep on truckin'
                              Siren....you are doing so well......soon you'll be through to 7 days too! I hope your headache eases soon

I just got back from a "Celebration of Life" for a long time friend who passed away from brain cancer at age 65. It was a huge amount of people spread over two very large banquet rooms ......and it seems everyone had a glass of wine or a beer in hand! However, I went to the bar with hubby and ordered a tonic and lime....and he said "make it 2"......does make it easier when he doesn't drink.....he probably wouldn't have even if I did.
                              So I got through that challenge again. I guess you just have to gain experience with ordering AF drinks when surrounded by them. Each time will get easier I hope!
                              Going to take MIL out for dinner after we pick her up from the hospital in 1/2 hour. I suggested we just go to a burger place we like (they don't serve AL).....enough challenges for the day!

It's also going to get cold here, so when we come home, I'm lighting a fire and going to get all cozy on the couch and catch up on the Lance Armstrong/Oprah interview and then read

I'll pop in later. Have a good evening all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

JingleJo;1446819 wrote: Hi all

I've not had much time to check in recently as been so busy, but I hope everyone is doing ok.

I'm still enjoying my new found sobriety and I've never so busy socially because I aint hiding away drinking and am able to meet people and do things now rather than making lame excuses to spend time with a bottle. It's really true that life actually STARTS when you quit, yet I worried about it STOPPING.

x
                                Good to hear from you, Jingle! You sound great! It really is wonderful to have better company than the bottle. ointup: Thanks for checking in!!

The man pulling radishes
                                pointed the way
                                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Working...
                                X