Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1446504 wrote: kuya and Byrdie,

You both make me laugh and you keep me honest: Two very important qualities!!

kuya- No chocolate, honestly! Okay, I can live with that if I must... :wow2: So... are you in bed now, or just getting out of bed, or what...

Byrdie - You're on the East Coast - good ole USA, right? It's time for organic loose-leaf put-you-to-sleep tea, yes?

As for me and my house - I'm going to make some Hot Chocolate. kuya, if you're awake, or not already in bed tomorrow night, you are welcome to join me. :beach:
    Tess..... The time difference throws everyone and some people think I am on here day and night but I check in morning and evening. I am self employed so if it is quiet at work I will chat on here since I can't leave the building as I may be needed urgently at any moment.

This place is a lifeline and I urge everyone to be here as much as possible in the early days. There are many examples of people who flew the nest too early and ended up back here. If you are planning to be abstainant for life then 90 days seems to be the charm and then once daily check in.

I like helping here, and am a single mum so am home a lot. I will probably spend a lot of time here in the future. Compared to being drunk, helping others quit is an awesome use of my time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

JingleJo;1446819 wrote: Hi all

I've not had much time to check in recently as been so busy, but I hope everyone is doing ok.

I'm still enjoying my new found sobriety and I've never so busy socially because I aint hiding away drinking and am able to meet people and do things now rather than making lame excuses to spend time with a bottle. It's really true that life actually STARTS when you quit, yet I worried about it STOPPING.

x
      Hi JJ......was thinking of you yesterday and a little worry crept in......good to see you are striding on with your new life.

Rainy ..... Congrats on your 7 days, keep on trucking! The worst is now over

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm working on the theme song thing...I'm somewhere between 'Tiny Bubbles' and 'You're a Hard Habit To Break'.....
        Kuya, I think you've found your ultimate calling.....right here, helping with ALK addiction...
        Like Hippy says, it takes an ALK to help an ALK! He is so right about that...I sure wouldn't listen to someone who didn't walk the walk....you do a remarkable job...IMHO. I've said it 100 times, Newbie's today have a real secret weapon with you in their corner....
        XO, B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1447006 wrote: I'm working on the theme song thing...I'm somewhere between 'Tiny Bubbles' and 'You're a Hard Habit To Break'.....
          Kuya, I think you've found your ultimate calling.....right here, helping with ALK addiction...
          Like Hippy says, it takes an ALK to help an ALK! He is so right about that...I sure wouldn't listen to someone who didn't walk the walk....you do a remarkable job...IMHO. I've said it 100 times, Newbie's today have a real secret weapon with you in their corner....
          XO, B
          Every time I read from someone on day one I feel their pain and want to get them through it as quickly as possible.
          Sometimes I chuck too much at them too soon but I want the pain to be over for them. This sobriety task is HARD but doable.

Unlike learning a new skill ( e.g. Like ballet or chess ) EVERYONE can get sober, because, at some time in their life, they have been sober before. They just need 'guiding' back to normal, and you can't guide unless you know the path......that's why only alcs can help alcs.

If you were paying for ballet lessons you would expect your teacher to have done ballet, not read a book on ballet.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am pretty sure I know my theme tune! :H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1447004 wrote: Tess..... The time difference throws everyone and some people think I am on here day and night but I check in morning and evening. I am self employed so if it is quiet at work I will chat on here since I can't leave the building as I may be needed urgently at any moment.

This place is a lifeline and I urge everyone to be here as much as possible in the early days. There are many examples of people who flew the nest too early and ended up back here. If you are planning to be abstainant for life then 90 days seems to be the charm and then once daily check in.

I like helping here, and am a single mum so am home a lot. I will probably spend a lot of time here in the future. Compared to being drunk, helping others quit is an awesome use of my time.
              kuya - I had not thought about you being here "day and night" -- I am always happy to hear from you! If I had it my way, you'd post every few minutes around the clock. :happyheart:

I am definitely planning to be abstinent for life. I haven't set any goals such as 30, 60, 90 days (well, yes, one day at a time). Some have said that once they reached their goal, there was temptation to drink again. I guess the only way that I will be able to drink after I reach my goal is if I can take a six-pack with me into the coffin. Oh! that's kind of a gruesome thought. Sorry!!

What is your theme song? (Or is that private information?)

Thanks for you help!! :cheering
              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess.....will PM it :H:H:H, there might be ' children' watching !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess......you have mail! :H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everybody,

I hope your weekend is going well.

JingleJo, Nanette and Daisy, it is good to see you again!

Rainy, congratulations on your 7 days!

Have a great AF night friends!
                    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya, you can't do that to the rest of us...What's yer song??? Can you clean it up a little if need be or put a _____ in it? I am dying to know! Spill it, woman! B
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1447042 wrote: Kuya, you can't do that to the rest of us...What's yer song??? Can you clean it up a little if need be or put a _____ in it? I am dying to know! Spill it, woman! B
                        Tehehehehe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pinecone;1447040 wrote: Hi Everybody,

I hope your weekend is going well.

JingleJo, Nanette and Daisy, it is good to see you again!

Rainy, congratulations on your 7 days!

Have a great AF night friends!
                          Goodnight, Pinecone!! :bedtime:

The man pulling radishes
                          pointed the way
                          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1446957 wrote: ...We have a great group of nesters, don't you think?...

Have a happy day everyone! Stay strong! B
                            Byrdie - yes, I agree completely that we have a great group of nesters. It is amazing the ways in which you tend to each and every one of us. Thank you for your love and care!! :h I'm going to relax with a good book. Sleep well!! :sendinglove:

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

I love you, too, Tess! Thank you for the kind words....nighty night!! ZZZZZZZ, B
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think my song used to be Purple haze :H
                                But not anymore, thank goodness!

Nice to see JingleJo & everyone who popped in today.
                                Kuya, I hope you are getting some rest

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X