Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! Hope everyone is having a great sober weekend! Very cold up here tonight. So staying snuggled in and reading books. Hope the nest is staying warm. Love you all!
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

I see everyone is having fun with songs tonight. This song keeps me heading in the right direction when I feel that urge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6P4KwtZ0Ic[/video]]Will Hoge - Even if it breaks your heart - YouTube
      Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters

Good to see everyone doing so well. Im Day 24 today. Not so good at posting my feelings/struggles, Ive had my blah days and better days. Im willing though, to stick at it cause I know how bad i would feel (physically and mentally) if i were to touch a drop again. Not sure if i could handle another day1.

Big thanks to Lav, Byrdie and Kuya for being here and guiding us and of course to everyone else for sharing xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Sunny & chilly here as well FD

Sweetpea, it's OK to simply ask for a hug once in a while :l
          Moods come & go, don't let them throw you out of the nest though. Hang on tight, we've got ya

I need to go jump on tehparty thread for our good friend Byrdie celebrating 2 years AF today!!

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday everyone!

I had a bad yesterday evening. Not bad enough to drink, but a week ago I would have drowned my sorrows, no doubt. Hopefully today will be much better.

I hope everyone has a lovely day and that the sun comes out at some point!
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thankyou Lav :l:l

Ive no intentions of straying too far from nest no matter what my mood
              It is my only means of keeping myself accountable. Im so grateful to be here and have so many great role models to follow.

Im snowed-in this weekend, thankfully have a few days off work so have no reason to venture out.

Hope you and everyone else have a lovely day xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Another wonderful day of sobriety here for Happy Hippy. Thanks for sharing the warmth of your nest with me and thanks for being my friends!!!
                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry Siren- meant to say a big well-done on getting-through yesterday evening xo

Keep strong xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

sweetpea29;1447254 wrote: Sorry Siren- meant to say a big well-done on getting-through yesterday evening xo

Keep strong xo
                    Thanks, Sweetpea, back at ya!! :rockon:

I am constantly amazed by what I can accomplish when I tell myself I can and then don't argue with myself. I found this most true while I was training for my first triathlon. I signed up for it and then not training was just not an option.

That's how I feel now. I am on Day 5 and drinking just isn't an option for me right now. I think I could even have wine and vodka in the house and not touch them. But I'm certainly not going to test that theory yet!!
                    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning to All,

Yesterday I wondered, Where is Patrick? And where is Sweetpea? And here you are this morning (Patrick is on another thread). I'm so happy to hear from both of you!

My mood is "In Love" this morning because I love being sober. Things are so much better than when I was a daily drunk. There is no comparison whatsoever! My home is calm, our dogs are happy, I am healing.

Sweetpea - Congrats on AF Day 24! Stay warm and safe in the snow.

finallydone - It's nice to have you check in with us. Stay warm and keeping reading. Books are my favorite things! I'm going to listen to your song in a moment.

Lav - You are an excellent mum to me on this site. It takes a village, yes? I gain so much strength from your posts. You are wise and level-headed and super-funny. Thank you!!

Siren - Sorry that last night was crummy. I have lots of rough spots too. We all do. I admire your strength and determination.

Happy Hippy - Your happiness and free spirit give me hope. Thanks for your friendship!

Have a delightful Sunday All (kuya - enjoy your Monday) ~ :giggle:
                      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Two years! WOW Byrdie :goodjob:. You are truly a person I am glad to have in my life.

Sweetpea - Remember bad days come and go our whole life. If you think back you probably had these days when you were drinking too. Find something that makes you happy for those days. Is it a hot fudge sundae? Maybe spending time with a friend that always makes you laugh? Is it putting on some good music and dancing or doing housework? Housework LOL I know that just snuck in there. We don't like doing housework but does it even feel good when we look around and have that feeling of accomplishment. Take a minute to think about it and maybe right some things down.

Siren - I am glad you hung on. Just think about how it would have felt to type Day 1 again. That has helped me through many days.

Lav - We don't hear too much about Stella lately. How is she doing? My Stella has run her course and is in hibernation until next Christmas. She was a good Amaryllis Sober Buddy.

Well I am going to get my coffee and sit down and make a list of things that I will do today...or not...we will see. I did get the snow removed yesterday. It took 1 hour and 45 mins. but I did it!

My theme song sometimes has been also Pretty Fly for a White Guy (Change Guy to Old Girl)

HAVE A GREAT AF DAY EVERYONE!!!!!
                        AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters! I can't believe it has been 2 years myself. As you know, it was done one day at a time...and it will continue that way. Thanks so much for my OWN thread! I am so touched!
                          Finally Done, GREAT to see you! I'ma go listen to your theme song!

Thank you all for the kind words, it IS worth it....love to you all, B
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

finallydone;1447098 wrote: I see everyone is having fun with songs tonight. This song keeps me heading in the right direction when I feel that urge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6P4KwtZ0Ic[/video]]Will Hoge - Even if it breaks your heart - YouTube
                            I love it. I just listened to it and it is a good one. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well I am here again, thought I had everything under control NOT
                              Goal
                              I am starting over as of Sept 6
                              SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                              be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                              be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                              be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                              Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                              Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                              I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Litre2;1447341 wrote: Well I am here again, thought I had everything under control NOT

Wow you are really good at quitting drinking. Look how many times you have done it!!! :thumbs:

Now we have to think of a way to make you good at not
                                quitting anymore. Get it, that was a play on words. This is your last quit! Yay you. I used to say (and many have said) I can quit smoking anytime I want I have done it a hundred times. LOL Same for drinking. People will say I could give it up anytime I want. I don't have to drink. Ya right!!! Some might not have to but we do. I love the saying that someone used once, "My off switch is broken."

I was at our staff post Christmas party on Friday and people were surprised that I had non-alcohol beer. I told them that I quit and they laughed and said again? I said no this time for sure! Oh you are taking a break? No for good! I told them that I was allergic to alcohol. When I drink alcohol the side effects are, not being able to stop, loud talking, bad dancing :banana: (I actually have that wig), puking for 24 hours or more and lots of head hanging apologizing :sorry:. I however still did the loud talking, and bad dancing? Even hoola hooping. Maybe it is just me? Oh well at least there was not puking. LOL

To quote a line from the movie Little Nicky, "YOU CAN DO IT!"

Comment

Working...
                                X