Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

First timer...

Hi everyone! I stumbled upon this site when I googled "Day 2 Without Alcohol." That pretty much says it all, right? I have insomnia without the sedative effects of my usual nightly cocktails. Is this the community and support I need to finally kick my addiction? A girl can hope!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Karma!! Welcome to the site :welcome:

Hello Peaceseeker! Gosh, 20 days - that's so terrific! I can't wait until I'm there! I think we all seek peace, don't we though! Can't advise about meds, I'm afraid. I'm sure there will be someone here shortly with some advice, though.

I'm on Day 6 of my quit and I couldn't have done it without the support of everyone in the nest. I'm sure they'll be along to introduce themselves today, but let me say, newbie to newbie, just open yourself to the support and acceptance they offer. They have "been there, done that" and are a great group to help on our journey. Congrats for finding the Nest!
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

peaceseeker;1447541 wrote: Hi, I have only posted once here and thank you all for being here:new: I am now 20 days sober and have been going to AA (again) and have a home group, a sponsor and have been taking Topamax as well as most of the other viatimins/supps suggested on this site. I have to say that I do not crave alcohol at all since taking these. I know I have an allergy to alcohol and that if I take a drink it is highly likely that I will not be able to stop at just one and will drink until I pass out, black out or something else horrible will happen for sure, and then wake up and do it all over again. Insanity! Again, thank you all for being here
        It is insanity to keep doing the same thing and expect different results! It took me years of trying the different anti~craving meds to find the one that worked for me. It sounds like you're ready to quit so come on and jump on the peace train with us and we'll all heal together! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJk-mm0ldoQ[/video]]Peace Train by Cat Stevens w/ Lyrics - YouTube
        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hope everyone had a safe night in the nest

Hello peaceseeker & CONGRATS on your 20 AF days! Great work! I'll bet you feel like a brand new person

Hello & welcome Karma, glad you found us!
          Taking back control of your life by kicking AK out of it is a great decision.
          Please be sure to go to the Health store here on the site & download the MWO book, it's full of info about the different aspects of the program. Take a look in th ehttps://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html for lots of great ideas to help you put your plan together.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Monday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin Nester's and Happy Monday everyone. I LOVE Mondays. Monday is the start of a whole new week. I am in love with new starts. So far my plans for this beautiful week ahead are busy. So many places to go and new people to meet. The sober world is so exciting and I'm so glad to finally be part of it!!! Be kind and gentle to one another. People are fragile, especially in early recovery!
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Newbies! I echo the Hippyman (good morning, you!). There is so much to be sober for. I'm up early, I'm going to clean my house today, do some work from home and go to a rehearsal tonight that will challenge me - because I can be challenged now, instead of dropping on the sofa and spending the evening in front of the tv. It just gets better and better, every single day. So go for another AF day! They are precious days for sure.
              :yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo:
              :notes:
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdl;1447688 wrote: Good Morning Newbies! I echo the Hippyman (good morning, you!). There is so much to be sober for. I'm up early, I'm going to clean my house today, do some work from home and go to a rehearsal tonight that will challenge me - because I can be challenged now, instead of dropping on the sofa and spending the evening in front of the tv. It just gets better and better, every single day. So go for another AF day! They are precious days for sure.
                :yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo::yougo:
                Nurdi, I just noticed we have almost the same time sober. You have a few weeks on me but the same month and year. It really does get better and better. Let's never look back and focus on the happy healthy life ahead!!! Cleaning is something I need to do today and the girls need a bath. Dog baths first, then I'll mop the floor...lol

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning to All,

Greetings peaceseeker and Karmadillo! We welcome you!!

Pinecone - Thanks for reading my story yesterday. I was intrigued by a bit of your comment "... many people choose to skip over the bad part and end their suffering..." But you see, my dear fellow fledgling, to a person who has become suicidal there is no "bad part" -- Everything is forever hopeless and far beyond repair. If I could have "seen" that what I was experiencing was only a part of my life, I would not have felt the need to die.

Siren - Still going strong! Good job! Congrats on AF Day 6!!

Happy Hippy - You sound cheerful, as always! Love Cat Steven's Peace Train!!

Lav - When I first found the MWO site and Newbies Nest (12/31/12), Byrdie was mostly out with her dear father. Of course I had no idea who Byrdie was. Being new, I had no idea who anyone was! BUT you
                  were consistently in The Nest providing love and care to All. You were my first Mum in the nest! :huggy

So... I've been thinking about your theme song. Simon and Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water
                  comes to mind. "When evening falls so hard, I will comfort you." Yes, that's you -- a provider of comfort and wisdom. Still, the decision is up to you. :notes:

I hope Everyone has a fabulous AF Monday!! :heartsnflowers:
                  Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                  pointed the way
                  with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

First things first, welcome Peace and Karm! I am biased, but in my not so humble opinion, you've landed in THE best spot if you are ready to kick AL out of your life. So glad you are here!

Tess, I will take on that Rod Stewart song...for you! Because I DO love this nest. So, 'Have I Told You Lately' will be my theme song!! You are very perceptive also, Lav MAKES this place what it is....she is here first thing in the morning and last thing at night to make sure we are all tucked in. I owe that woman MY LIFE!! She is amazing, but you already picked up on that.

I have the day off! I'm going to enjoy it!! Have a happy day everyone!! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

good morning! My kiddle also has the day off Byrdie...so we've been lounging this AM....I'm about to go do my workout, and probably then.....some more lounging. :-) Expecting snow again today - and I don't have to go anywhere.

Is it today that's supposed to be the most depressing day of the year? Heck, I feel ok...I hope everybody else does too. How was the weekend???
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tail between my legs

Good morning everyone...

Well, I'm back to day 1. I had gotten to day 9 and was feeling great. Saturday morning my hubby and I got busy with lots of things and I didn't come to the boards first thing like I had been doing. Later in the afternoon, we were going to start packing the garage ( we bought a little townhouse and will be moving in about a month). The idea of having a beer came into my head because there is a refrigerator in the garage and there is usually beer in it because that's what my husband likes to drink. As soon as the thought came into my mind, the next thing I knew, I was drinking...My husband got a gift from one of his clients at Christmas. It is a bottle of very expensive sipping tequila. I had a little of that too but even in my slightly inebriated state, I realized that it didn't taste good to me and I stopped.

I woke up yesterday with a strong conviction that I would get right back on track. More packing yesterday and boom...BTW, didn't come here yesterday morning either. So last night I had a few glasses of wine.

This morning I realized that I needed to come here for support and that it's so important to get my head straight first thing EVERY day. You guys are all so amazing and I'm so thankful for you. I've come here on and off for the last couple of years but never really got involved. It's time that I did. I can see now how it is vital to my sobriety.
                        sigpic

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1447734 wrote: good morning! My kiddle also has the day off Byrdie...so we've been lounging this AM....I'm about to go do my workout, and probably then.....some more lounging. :-) Expecting snow again today - and I don't have to go anywhere.

Is it today that's supposed to be the most depressing day of the year? Heck, I feel ok...I hope everybody else does too. How was the weekend???

lolab - Good morning to you! I have this day off from school too. I wonder why today is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year. Like you, I feel ok.

Byrdie - Yup, that's your theme song. You are loved!!

I was reading Ordinary People as Monks and Mystics last night. Chapter 8 starts with this:

Q. If you were to describe to another the personal attributes which have helped you to be happy, productive and contributive, what would you say these were?

A. Acceptance. Creativity. Perseverance. Inspiration. Hunger for the Divine.
                          [Study Participant, California]

:wow2:
                          Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                          pointed the way
                          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

there is only one recovery left for me

If I keep this up, I will die. I will die. Or I will be in some horrible accident and be injured for life. Or, I will lose my family, or my job, or my house.....

I am an alcoholic.
                            I want to quit
                            I want to be ready.

I WANT to be ready. Today, I AM ready. That is all I need for today.
                            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1447756 wrote: If I keep this up, I will die. I will die. Or I will be in some horrible accident and be injured for life. Or, I will lose my family, or my job, or my house.....

I am an alcoholic.
                              I want to quit
                              I want to be ready.

I WANT to be ready. Today, I AM ready. That is all I need for today.
                              That's a great attitude, Jenni!! :welcome: Do you have a good plan for how you are going to abstain? Visit the Tool Box for lots of tips from long-time abstainers.

And don't wait for any sort of accident. You are injuring your body with every drink. Your body will start healing the minute you stop. And be sure to drink lots of water.
                              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Why do I not see any recent post. I thought I could do this alone, but I am wrong. I agree with Jenni, I cannot do this alone. Being an alcoholic is such a drain, a drain on the bank account, and on one's life account. I have gone months without drinking, then I think I can do it and take one, that tends to go into two and more. How do we know we can go on forever without drinking, I see myself as a non drinker, but I am not. As I type this out I am drinking, I plan on tomorrow to stop, please GOD help me find the strength.
                                I remember a year ago in March I took a shit load of pills, but I did not wish to die, I called 911. It was alcohol and the pills that made me take that stupid step. I was yelled at by my daughter, and I do not blame her, but she does not know that a combination of drugs and alcohol will make you do stupid things. I am no longer on the drugs (anti-depressants) I can stop the drugs, but why can I not stop the drinking. I am in a new relationship, and adore him, he makes me wish to be a better person. So why is it that this flippin demon continues to have such a hold over me.
                                It is good to see many familiar names, I just want to get back into the nest and find the support I had a year ago. I found the nest to be a life line before, and now I throw myself out there again. Please help me so I can help myself.
                                Goal
                                I am starting over as of Sept 6
                                SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
                                be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
                                be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
                                be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
                                Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
                                Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
                                I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X