Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone!
    Sorry I am late checking in today...I see a lot of newbies that are struggling. I'm sorry for that, but I'm so glad to see you here. As Byrdie said, We do know what you're going thru. The first few days are definitely the hardest, but you CAN get past them. Change your routine for a few days and definitely get the AL out of your house! Do not have one drink, no matter what. Stick close to us and read around the boards. You'll see many success stories, it can happen for you too, and we can help!
    Xoxoxo
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night to everyone in the nest! Tomorrow I start my Day 7 and I couldn't have done it without you all! I still have sleep issues and I still have a slight headache each morning, but I can live with that because I know they will eventually resolve and I know it's not because I drank tonight.

Take care and tuck in!
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Friends, Wow busy day in the nest!

Jenniech, I'm glad to see you here again. I refer to your thread about weekends all the time. I think you are on the right track to disclose to your husband. Stay close! When I had been AF for a few months, I was amazed that the stress/anxiety I thought I was drinking to relieve, was actually caused BY the drinking. The "medicine" WAS the disease.

FinallyDone, I think you have a great evening plan of excercise and hydration!

Welcome Alarmed!

Hi Siren, you are doing so well!

To everyone just starting out, huge Kudos to you! It takes big time guts to be where you are at. Don't just throw out the bad thing in your life (drinking). Put a whole bunch of good things in your life. Eat well, stay hydrated, get plenty of sleep, look into taking vitamins/supplements, do a little light excercise even just stretching or walking to get your blood moving, in short, do good things for yourself. Everyone on here knows what it is like, and we are pulling for you. AF life is the relief that you came here for. All my friends, old and new, great to see you tonight, have a great AF night.
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren, great job....Star is getting her moon warmed up for you tomorrow. 7 days is HUGE in our world! I am so proud of you. Nighty night!

Alarmed, hope you are ok...I keep looking for your green light to see if you are on. Hang tough...

Be safe tonight! MindPeace to everyone! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a great night nesters! Keep putting one foot in front of the other. We can do this!
            Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok, prefer a computer to a phone, but at least I can log in b4 bed. So happy we finally have internet and cable again! Went almost 2 years w/o at home!

I'm very worried about alarmed... Symptoms and possibilities for drinking.
              I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Me... I just thoroughly enjoyed a big bowl of good Ole Honey Nut Cheerios with Almond Milk. Yummy!

Hope everyone is doing well... Litre? FinallyDone? Siren? Texas40?

Oh...BTW... Hippyman, Tess and Siren... not that this would be good for her kids, but the cat killer is facing felony charges for breaking the one's neck. I'd prefer to see her do time in a physch ward (I think) mostly for her 5 anf 8 year old. She also has a 17 and 23 year old from a previous marriage. More on her, her dad and stepmom commited suicide. Poor kids.
                I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Going to bed to read sober AGAIN! Hubby drank in front of me and I had no desire just like last week! Too bad for him he's gonna feel like shit tomorrow! HA!

Praying for an uneventful week and weekend, but this time simple living enjoying the snow, the pain in well worked muscles; and my 3 kiddos and sweet kitty!

Good night!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quick note to those w/o access to prescription drugs... try a sleepytime tea and an OTC sleep aid.

Good night!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

I'm a bit late checking in but that's because I've been out all day with my daughter & grandaughter. I am one grateful granny & I sure wouldn't have had a day like this if I was still drinking! I chose to quit drinking when my grandkids were born because I didn't want to miss a minute with them

Welcome to all the Newbies & welcome back to those returning!
                      You all have to make a choice. Do you want to continue on the same path, destroying your life with AL or do you want to quit AL & enjoy all of life's possibilities? It's a choice & a commitment each of you have to make!

I strongly encourage everyone to download & read the MWO book. Pay attention to the different components of the program - the supplements, Hypno CDs, healthy eating, exercise, water, etc. Make your sobriety your #1 priority!
                      Go to the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html, borrow some if the hudreds of ideas there to help you make your plans. Plan for success, don't just wish or pray for success, it doesn't work that way.
                      When a craving pops up - ride it out, it's usually gone in about 15 min if you distract yourself.
                      Run the HALT acronym thru your head. Are you hungry, angry, lonely, tired? Are any of these things causing your craving? It works if you do the work.
                      Don't let a bad day, an insensitive spouse or a crazy world throw you off your plan. Make a commitment to remain sober, no matter what. You all can do it - many of us have. AL only makes things worse ~ never better.

Wishing a warm & cozy night in the Nest for all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainyday;1448101 wrote: Going to bed to read sober AGAIN! Hubby drank in front of me and I had no desire just like last week! Too bad for him he's gonna feel like shit tomorrow! HA!

Praying for an uneventful week and weekend, but this time simple living enjoying the snow, the pain in well worked muscles; and my 3 kiddos and sweet kitty!

Good night!
                        Great to see you hung in there today :goodjob: being stuck in the house was a blessing in disguise i learned that having a plan works on those tough craving days. Can't wait to see everyone on Tuesday!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening everyone!

Been poking around the nest to read other people's experiences and hear their stories. It's so comforting to know that there are people like you guys out there who have been in my shoes and have zero judgements.

Tomorrow will be day 7 AF for me! It hasn't been easy but it's also not as hard as I expected either. I'm realizing a lot of the time I drank out of boredom, how stupid is that?! The rest of the time it was to alleviate the stress of my day but instead I would end up 5-7 glasses of wine deep.

I let my roommates know I was going to stop drinking at home and for awhile in general and they've been supportive but they've had a bottle of wine each every night and this weekend they have a guest in town and have been drinking non stop. There were a couple of times I suggested letting them let me have a glass of wine- not because I was craving it but because I was bored. Thankfully they refused. I've been drinking lots of sleepytime tea which has definitely helped me relax- and watching them get drunk, stumble around the apartment and act ridiculous makes my cravings non-existent. Last night my roomie poured himself a glass of wine and left the almost full bottle out in the living room- I stopped him and asked him to please keep it in his room. I've also poured a few still full glasses of wine down the drain that they've left out.

Really excited to complete day 7 tomorrow! Just another step in my journey. And this tea is definitely keeping me warm in this 20 degree weather! :snowflake::snowflake:
                          ?Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.?- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the nest indreamsawake! Your amongst friends. Congrats on 7 days! Look forward to getting to know you. I learn a lot here! :welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Indreams!

Congrats on Day 7! Good job to not drink while it is all around you! It's a good eye opener to see your friends drunk when your not! I have a few functions coming up where it will be a challenge to not drink. It seems almost everything social that I do involves drinking. Time to look for some new activities to replace my drinking ones I think!!

I've been on board here for 20 days and AF for 18. Welcome!

:welcome:
                              Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awesome In Dreams........that takes guts!

Keep it up....it just keeps getting better!

Hi FD.....good to see you :h

Breezy....I posted on your thread. Encouragement with a little warning that I want to expand on here later. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X