Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hi all,i totally agree with kuya 100% when i first came to mwo,it was kinda half serious,after many starts and stops im finally taking quitting seriously! you guys are a huge help to me at first i felt ignored but then i realized how many newbies come and go and its hard to know whos really serious here or not,so i post and read daily and i probly always will mwo is a little addictive but its o.k for me,thank you guys for all you do for all of us!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

paulywogg;1448288 wrote: hi all,i totally agree with kuya 100% when i first came to mwo,it was kinda half serious,after many starts and stops im finally taking quitting seriously! you guys are a huge help to me at first i felt ignored but then i realized how many newbies come and go and its hard to know whos really serious here or not,so i post and read daily and i probly always will mwo is a little addictive but its o.k for me,thank you guys for all you do for all of us!
      Reckon it is clicking for ya Pauly.....just keep putting one sober day in front of another and you'll be fine

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Tuesday Nesters. Another beautiful day to be alive. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. All is right in Hippy's World. I'm hoping the same is true for you! The bird/squirrel feeders have been so much fun for very little money. I'm planning on planting things in the garden to attract butterflies and keep the birds nearby to nest. The squirrels are something else. Funny as they are they are also emptying the feeders almost as quickly as I fill them. I'm making another trip to the feed store to see what can be done?

I love these words of wisdom from our Dear Kuya "MEMBERS WHO MAKE AN AVERAGE OF LESS THAN ONE POST A DAY STRUGGLE TO GET OR STAY ALCOHOL FREE." I checked and I post over 35 posts per day...YICKS! My intent is to offer hope to those who struggle and to spread alittle cheer to everyone I meet. I no longer feel that horrible over whelming urge to drink alcohol but I remember what it felt like and it was so powerful. It's been said that there is power in numbers so I think I shall hang around to increase the number of people who found a way out of alcoholism and into a life of JOY!
        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well I have to confess that I have jumped around a bit trying to catch up with all the activity here and have not read everything...It's a good thing - that there are so many here trying to kick alcohol out of their lives.

One thing I'm going to repeat that others have said again and again...this takes TIME. Not a day - not a week - not even a month. I am almost 1 1/2 years into this and I am currently experiencing a rather long bout of Byrdie's "mindpeace". There isn't any chatter going on in my brain - no desire to drink. BUT - I am prepared for it to come back because It's been there on and off in the past. The difference now is that I know enough that it's only my thoughts. I don't have to act on them...there is no urgency like I used to feel...to go to the store...to drink. I can either push the thoughts quickly out of my head and turn to something else to take my mind off it, or I can think the thoughts through completely and come to the realization that if I were to act on them, the outcome would be complete crap.

Litre - I think early on, you really have to spend time getting a solid plan. Go to the toolbox and spend some time reading through there, getting ideas. Put a plan on paper. How are you going to get through the first few days? The next week? What will you do when those cravings blindside you? HOw will you distract yourself? What are you doing for yourself in terms of supplements? How are you going to occupy your extra time? because in the beginning, you seem to have lots of it -

Let us know some of the details of your plan and what things specifically you are struggling with, ok???:l

lola
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1448272 wrote: Lav....I am sitting under a fan sweating at 1.00 am! Sure ain't freezing here! :H
            how would you like this then?
            my place yesterday.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBhsJ4OTay4[/video]]snow day 2013 102 - YouTube
            AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick;1448314 wrote: how would you like this then?
              my place yesterday.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBhsJ4OTay4[/video]]snow day 2013 102 - YouTube
              Patrick, What wonderful doggers. My three Doxies would not know what to do with snow! They are two doggiers long and ahalf dogger high so they would get buried in the snow, very easy. Your puppers seemed to love it!
              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

ha~!!! Patrick the snow is beautiful! Although we have our fair share here, too...But those awesome doggies steal the show! I love when they're running toward you...:-)
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1448325 wrote: ha~!!! Patrick the snow is beautiful! Although we have our fair share here, too...But those awesome doggies steal the show! I love when they're running toward you...:-)
                  thanks, that feckin boxer(sookie) has no brakes.not the first time she's bowled me over :H
                  AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day Nesters.....haven't had a chance to get on much in the last couple of days, but just wanted to pop in and say hello. I see where we have some new additions.....welcome all!
                    Siren....congratulations on 7 days. You are doing so well....keep it up.
                    To all those newly struggling.....don't give up on yourself......you are so worth it and you will feel sooooo much better once you come out the other side. Let your body get rid of the toxins from AL and it will start to heal.
                    Bitter cold here today, and for the rest of the week. Feeling like minus 20 Celsius! Hate the depths of winter!
                    I've got myself back into yoga classes and a bit of time in the gym in the past week, so feeling like I'm getting a bit of my life back.
                    Hope everyone has a good day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all! Patrick - love your doggies!!! Looks frosty where you are! Here as we'll -10 Celsius this morn. About to take my big boxer X out for his daily walk. Have a wonderful day all!! :h. ( this pick taken in summer!)

Deb Attached files [img]/converted_files/2034880=7324-attachment.jpg[/img]
                      Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

Comment

Newbies Nest

X is so cute too!!! Patrick we have a sookie too....however it's a snake. :-)

new day - sounds like the gym will be good for you. Yoga's a good thing. :-)
                        ~

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren!!! You DID IT!!! You have earned the highly coveted Newbies Nest full moon!! You have accomplished a great task by conquering every day of the week with your AF self. We congratulate you and we moon you!!!!

:moon:

Go Siren!!! And Keep up the great work!!!
                          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1442955 wrote: Tess.... The feeling of never good enough is so damaging. Sit down and write that list of 'good' and 'bad' parts of you. All the parts you like and hate about yourself. all the things you do, big and small that make you cringe or smile. It is very revealing, if you honestly include ALL the parts.

Everyone should take the time to do this.

Unless you are a sociopath or psychopath ( and they are NEVER able to be honest anyway) you will be amazed at the result. Do them all together without too much analysis, let it flow.

I defy you to not end up liking yourself....maybe for the first time in your life...

Good Morning Nest Dwellers,

I have completed my list of all the parts I like and hate about myself. (It took me a while to get started.) It IS amazing how I like myself much better than I did before writing the list. If I were choosing a room-mate, spouse, friend, employee, dog walker -- I wouldn't hesitate to choose me.

Prior to writing the list, I was nearly always down on myself. I could find something negative in just about everything that I did and said.

Someone once told me, "True humility is understanding our weaknesses and
                            strengths: the entire package of who we are." He went on, "False humility is feeling like a worm who crawls in the ground; feeling like the scum of the earth. That is FALSE. No one is either all good or all bad."

But I had to get it in writing to really "see" what true humility is. :wow2:

I'm back to school today, so I'm off to my first class.

have a fabulous AF Tuesday, Everyone!! enguin:
                            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone, I have been struggling the last few days and have been drinking. Last night was just 3 glasses of wine because I knew I had to work today and I didn't want to feel like crap. But, 3 eventually turns into a bottle or more...I know this. I can't seem to figure out why sometimes I can stop for days and it's not hard and then times like now...I can't seem to stop myself. I long for the day I can say that I have a few years AF! I know I won't be safe even then but...somehow it seems if you can stay sober that long, you've unlocked the key to this crazy madness!
                              sigpic

Comment

Newbies Nest

Haha Lolab. My boxer is "Buddy". That X meant boxer x. (Boxer cross). He's a mixture of boxer,shepherd, husky!!
                                Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

Comment

Working...
                                X