Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:wave::wave:

Starfish1;1448351 wrote: Siren!!! You DID IT!!! You have earned the highly coveted Newbies Nest full moon!! You have accomplished a great task by conquering every day of the week with your AF self. We congratulate you and we moon you!!!!

:moon:

Go Siren!!! And Keep up the great work!!!
    :wave::wave:

I jumped in just now expressly for my moon!! Thanks so much to all Nesters for pulling me along with you!
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hahaha is right....and YES I am blonde. :nutso:
      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

ooopsssss!!!!! Congratulations Siren!!!

That truly is a very big accomplishment and I am so happy for you.:l
        ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Big doings around here!! Siren, that is just GREAT! I'm so proud of you!!! InDreamsAwake....be sure to check in and let us know if this is your big day, too!

Kuya, that is a most brilliant observation about the number of posts! I tell ya, Newbie's got it so easy these days...when I was one...we had to walk to school barefoot and uphill in the snow! It really IS cool to have so many tools at our disposal, but it is untimately a choice WE make to raise that glass or not. Gosh, I am really impressed that you took the time to do that research, and it makes perfect sense. When you can get organized in your head, your actions can follow. Well done!!!

Faithful, it seems so trite to say this to you, but I think in so many cases (at least in mine) it rang true. All you gotta do, is get thru THIS day. Whatever it takes....just get thru today. Before you KNOW IT, your days string together (like Nurdl says) like pearls...and you want to protect your quit. Just concentrate on keeping this day AF. No matter what and no matter who.

Lots of great stuff going on here! We are all in this together!! Hang on, it can be bumpy sometimes....where's the Butt Velcro??? Lav, you had it last.....Hugs to all, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

InDreamsAwake;1448116 wrote: Good evening everyone!

Been poking around the nest to read other people's experiences and hear their stories. It's so comforting to know that there are people like you guys out there who have been in my shoes and have zero judgements.

Tomorrow will be day 7 AF for me! It hasn't been easy but it's also not as hard as I expected either. I'm realizing a lot of the time I drank out of boredom, how stupid is that?! The rest of the time it was to alleviate the stress of my day but instead I would end up 5-7 glasses of wine deep.

I let my roommates know I was going to stop drinking at home and for awhile in general and they've been supportive but they've had a bottle of wine each every night and this weekend they have a guest in town and have been drinking non stop. There were a couple of times I suggested letting them let me have a glass of wine- not because I was craving it but because I was bored. Thankfully they refused. I've been drinking lots of sleepytime tea which has definitely helped me relax- and watching them get drunk, stumble around the apartment and act ridiculous makes my cravings non-existent. Last night my roomie poured himself a glass of wine and left the almost full bottle out in the living room- I stopped him and asked him to please keep it in his room. I've also poured a few still full glasses of wine down the drain that they've left out.

Really excited to complete day 7 tomorrow! Just another step in my journey. And this tea is definitely keeping me warm in this 20 degree weather! :snowflake::snowflake:
            AWESOME! For those of you who are in college (I assume you are? Or are still in your 20s?) I am so proud of you! Here I am 39 and doing this!

Great job!

Isn't Sleepytime tea the best! In college when I wasn't SUCH a drunk EVERYNIGHT I drank it and loved it. It feels good to get that great taste, warm feeling, and comfort back!
            I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

KUYA, i found your post on reading and statistics of success very informative. Thanks for sharing your time and insight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Breezy Momma;1448126 wrote: I've been on board here for 20 days and AF for 18. Welcome!

:welcome:
                YAY!:yougo: for 18 days!
                I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:alf::alf::b&d:inkele:inkele: That's the WAY TO GO!!! Beat alcohol out of your life!
                  Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

honeysuckle;1448188 wrote: Good morning good morning! How is everyone. Day 3 for me! I have a blınder of a headache and my dreams, how vivid and intense but İ am sleeping more and İ really need it! But I didnt drink yesterday and İ wont drink today. Need to get all the booze out of the house though. I told my hubby and he said he will do it but when? So much crap under the sink LOL.

So if İ had not been sober for 3 days İ would have already consumed 1 bottle voddy plus a stack of light cola. İ wonder if ıt would help trying to tally how much AL I would have thrown in my body!

İ really hope to see an improvement in my heart irregularities and my eczema by being less ridden with chemicals. İ would love to see my kilos drop too. I was the kind that couldnt just have a drink but also a big bag of crisps, cheese, etc to top up the already huge calorıes to the already huge body.

Hubby wont even try for baby 3 unless İ stop drinking n lose weight and he is right, but İ dont tell him that LOL

GOOD LUCK to everyone today:goodjob:
                    Funny - we kept our booz under the sink too... with all the other chemicals!!!!

My psoriasis has almost totally cleared, and, even though I'm probably exaggerating, it felt like it covered 75% of my body! It's either because of the AF (or mostly AF), or it's because I've been sober and can apply the topical medicine daily, or it's a combo of both!

I am also eating better! I tended to grab the cheesey stuff and bread when drunk and hung over, so I bet this has helped, and is also helping me lose weight! Lost a lb in a week! Yay!

We have three kids. Wish I would have gotten sobered up way before I had baby one. But today is a new day! I can see a change in my kids already since I quit last week! Even over the weekend, tho I drank, I wasn't drunk, and didn't react the same as I did before. My kids mean the world to me!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!

A huge welcome to all the newbies!! I'm sorry to see there's been quite a struggle the past few days...but it happens. Nobody said this would be easy, but I can say without a doubt that it's worth it! Never quit quitting, you will NOT regret giving up drinking!

I treated myself to a "gift" over the weekend...an iPad! Now I can keep a closer eye on all of you! LOL

Please stay strong everyone, you CAN do this, and we can help! :h
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Litre2;1448202 wrote: I am not sure where or how to start, have done this many times before, anyone please tell me how to remain AF
                        all my post before were when I was in a good place, felt like I would stop and actually did. Now it is all gone to shit. I have so much to live for, wonderful children, beautiful grandchildren, so why am I trying to kill myself with AL
                        Well... I am the percentage that believes in the medicine to beat it. Topamax for me. Low dosage so no Topa Dopa. Ativan as needed (though I haven't needed any for several days!)

Everyone is different. As Cinders said yesterday (I loved her post) this is "My Way Out". There are many ways out, and it's different for everyone. You need to find what works for you. Lots of great advice here. What I love about this place the most is that there are a few people who have been here the whole time I have been a member. I know I'll foget someone, but to start... K9, Mama Bear, Techie, IAD, Lavande, Lolab, Brydie!!!!, Guitarista, Mario, NoraC.... there are so many more. They are the foundation for this site. At least for me. I love them, even though they probably never remember who I am! They are the rock!

PM me if you want!

{{{hugs}}}!

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1448235 wrote: I expect some will respond that they aren't able to post more often due to worldly responsibilities ......... But the stark truth for many is if this disease progresses you won't HAVE any worldly responsibilities.

I have been posting on MWO nearly six months and sober nearly five, I average 5 posts a day. Instead of vegging in front of the TV with a half litre of vodka I come on here. It is saving my life, I have made friends here. I also hope I am helping to save lives.

So I repeat the advice, read, read, read and POST,POST,POST.
                          Very good post! You are so right!

Yes, though, some people just simply don't have access to MWO all the time. We didn't have internet at home for two years. Now we do finally! I was able to log on last night.

I usually check it at work when I am supposed to be working (like now!)

But I think posting and reading ARE vital!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1448265 wrote: Brrrr, it;s freezing! Hope everyone stayed put in this cozy nest overnight
                            Lav
                            Hi Lavande!

So cold in my part of PA, our pipes froze in my Township office! (and our office is only 1 year old!... that's another issue... that as Township Manager I have to address... argh!)

It's very blustery!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1448361 wrote: Good Morning Nest Dwellers,

I have completed my list of all the parts I like and hate about myself. (It took me a while to get started.) It IS amazing how I like myself much better than I did before writing the list. If I were choosing a room-mate, spouse, friend, employee, dog walker -- I wouldn't hesitate to choose me.

Prior to writing the list, I was nearly always down on myself. I could find something negative in just about everything that I did and said.

Someone once told me, "True humility is understanding our weaknesses and
                              strengths: the entire package of who we are." He went on, "False humility is feeling like a worm who crawls in the ground; feeling like the scum of the earth. That is FALSE. No one is either all good or all bad."

But I had to get it in writing to really "see" what true humility is. :wow2:

I'm back to school today, so I'm off to my first class.

have a fabulous AF Tuesday, Everyone!! enguin:
                              hmmm... Kuya (and Tess) I think this is a very good assignment. I'll work on this myself as well!

Tess... aren't you gonna share?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi my buds in the nest! A feckin cold one this morning. No cravings today so far as being in school and having my old pattern back does wonders. Going to start utilizing the school's fitness center to get in shape and kick these winter blahs. I am starting smart recovery tomorrow to give it a try and meet some new sober friends. Feels great being more proactive in my recovery. Anyone know how Alarmed is? Hope everyone is having a great sober today. I am always a pm away if someone needs a friend to talk too!:h
                                Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Working...
                                X