Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Great topics in the nest today! Great to hear your feeling better Alarmed. Just wait until tomorrow you will start feeling a new you. Wow what a cute pic of you and your daughter K9! Going to do some studying for school. I'll post some more later on.
    Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Once, when i was on a "diet" I would pour 12 oz. of white wine in a two cup container to limit myself to only 3 portions.....it did work for a little bit, but as soon as I got down to the last couple of ounces, I was buzzed and once buzzed, my "off switch" malfunctioned......

sometimes, I felt like a hoover vacuum cleaner....I couldn't get the stuff down my throat fast enough.
      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

OMG.... K9 she looks so mature and yes you look like sisters!

Good stuff being discussed today.

The all or nothing thing WAS me, I treated life the way I treated alcohol. Everything I did I had to win at, not against anyone else......no I competed against myself!
        And guess what? I NEVER won !:H:H

When I exercised, I exercised too much.
        When I cleaned, I cleaned til I dropped,
        When I drank, I had to get drunk,
        When I dieted, I starved myself,
        When I worked, I worked to exhaustion, then resented everyone around me for being 'lazy'

Nothing was a journey for me, but a destination of 'perfect'

Truth is 'perfect' doesn't exist so I was a living 'failure'.......miserable, competitive (with me) exhausted and depressed.

I have stopped. Period. I am good enough.

Someone spoke earlier of being diabetic, coeliac, giving up alcohol and dieting and exercising RIGHT NOW!

Sweetheart, when you are done wearing your knickers over yer tights can I borrow yer cape? There's a lot of crime round here and I've a spare half hour soon!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great post hippyman, liberating and simple being free from alcoHELL. 375 days sober now and I would say its been the last 20 days that I have really noticed changes in the way I am thinking , feel like I am changing into someone different , quite strange .When poisoning yourself time slips , years go by so fast in a blurred waste . It's such a cliche but god would I have loved to have lived my whole life sober,alcoHELL destroyed my development .

Stay sober peeps , be cool.
          Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1448692 wrote: Once, when i was on a "diet" I would pour 12 oz. of white wine in a two cup container to limit myself to only 3 portions.....it did work for a little bit, but as soon as I got down to the last couple of ounces, I was buzzed and once buzzed, my "off switch" malfunctioned......

sometimes, I felt like a hoover vacuum cleaner....I couldn't get the stuff down my throat fast enough.
            Same here! I'd be on Weight Watchers so I'd measure out my wine (I even switched to wine for less points!!! I DON'T like wine!)...but once I polished off the whole bottle my diet went out the window...and out the door I went in search of more.
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

So... my dear Nest Friends... My neck hurts so much this afternoon! Sorry to whine! I injured it somewhere along the way. Ouch!!

I'm still reading, Ordinary People as Monks and Mystics. Chapter 9 starts with: Calmness of mind does not mean you should stop your activity. Real calmness should be found in activity itself. [Ram Dass]

So... not to stray too far from enlightenment, I must ask: What in hell helps with a sore neck? I'm applying a topical anesthetic.

kuya, might you know? Though, according to my calculations, you are at 1:40 pm on Wednesday. Yes? I need a balm of some sort.

Love to All in The Nest.

I will check back later.
              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have a recurring pulled neck muscle. I have a long knee sock filled with rice (a knot in the end). I heat it for a few minutes in the microwave and put that on my neck. Or if you have a heating pad that helps too, but is unweildy. OUCH. At the risk of Patrick reading this...do you have a massager or vibrator you can use to 'work' the muscle? That helps mine. MY NECK!!! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Siren136;1448614 wrote: If I decide to I will have rules for myself. No drinking alone. No drinking at home except for very special occasions. No more than 1 drink if I'm driving, or 2 even if I'm not. I've always been a closet drinker, so the first 2 will be huge for me.
                  Siren what would you think if I told you that I was a heroin addict who was going to quit for 4 months and then moderate to get my drug addiction under control? I'd only shoot up at home on my birthday and Christmas and special occasions like that and if I was going to be out I'd only shoot up once or twice a night and make sure I had a designated driver. Would you expect me to be able to handle heroin responsibly?

Whether it's legal or not, whether society deems it okay or not, alcohol and heroin are both drugs. I would expect the same results from the user of either substance.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1448719 wrote: So... my dear Nest Friends... My neck hurts so much this afternoon! Sorry to whine! I injured it somewhere along the way. Ouch!!

I'm still reading, Ordinary People as Monks and Mystics. Chapter 9 starts with: Calmness of mind does not mean you should stop your activity. Real calmness should be found in activity itself.
                    [Ram Dass]

So... not to stray too far from enlightenment, I must ask: What in hell helps with a sore neck? I'm applying a topical anesthetic.

kuya, might you know? Though, according to my calculations, you are at 1:40 pm on Wednesday. Yes? I need a balm of some sort.

Love to All in The Nest.

I will check back later.
                    Tess, the SalonPas patches work pretty well. So does Biofeeeze. My favorite though is deep tissue massage. I hope you feel better!
                    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1448720 wrote: I. At the risk of Patrick reading this...do you have a massager or vibrator you can use to work the " muscle?" B
                      :H:H:H:H:H
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-F2HKLzB6c[/video]]Down With This Sort of Thing - YouTube
                      AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1448720 wrote: I have a recurring pulled neck muscle. I have a long knee sock filled with rice (a knot in the end). I heat it for a few minutes in the microwave and put that on my neck. Or if you have a heating pad that helps too, but is unweildy. OUCH. At the risk of Patrick reading this...do you have a massager or vibrator you can use to 'work' the muscle? That helps mine. MY NECK!!! B
                        God love all of you! Well, hmm... no vibrator here (but it feels great to laugh!)... So, I am immediately filling a sock with rice and am ready to throw it in the microwave. My dear husband rubbed some damn crap for arthritis on my neck -- and it is burning like hell.

Hey!! It just came to me, like a bolt of light, my neck pain is a distraction from my AL cravings. Hurts like hell, tho. :bigcry: S _ _ t!! I want to be a baby and pout.

I hate alcohol. Who was the "wise guy" who invented it! Was it in the Garden of Eden? Tell me this is not true!! kuya will tell me that this is NOT true.

My neck hurts like a son of a b.... :biatch:

kuya -- waiting for you to weigh in... Love You So Much!!

The man pulling radishes
                        pointed the way
                        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters (or good afternoon Kuya).. Wow, so many pages today. I'm sorry, I can't catch up on them all, but wanted to drop by.
                          Tess, I hope the rice bag works for your neck.......what a great idea Byrdie! I will try that sometime too, as you are right, a heating pad doesn't always work in some places.
                          Have been busy running back and forth to the hospital re father-in-law and trying to get some gym or yoga time in too. He's being discharged tomorrow and I had to fight for some in home care. He's almost 92 and mother-in-law is 87, living on their own, so she needs some extra help to manage him.
                          Not sure how he keeps going!
                          Going to relax now with a cup of herbal tea and then to bed early

Tess, let us know if the rice bag is helping

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day;1448739 wrote: Evening Nesters (or good afternoon Kuya).. Wow, so many pages today. I'm sorry, I can't catch up on them all, but wanted to drop by.
                            Tess, I hope the rice bag works for your neck.......what a great idea Byrdie! I will try that sometime too, as you are right, a heating pad doesn't always work in some places.
                            Have been busy running back and forth to the hospital re father-in-law and trying to get some gym or yoga time in too. He's being discharged tomorrow and I had to fight for some in home care. He's almost 92 and mother-in-law is 87, living on their own, so she needs some extra help to manage him.
                            Not sure how he keeps going!
                            Going to relax now with a cup of herbal tea and then to bed early

Tess, let us know if the rice bag is helping
                            I've recently been through something similar and it is a blessing to deal with end of life issues sober. My thoughts are with you. I hope the home health care works out. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay, so here's the deal, my beloved nest dwellers who are escaping the horror and the nightmare of alcohol: we had a life prior to alcohol. I don't care if you started drinking in the first grade: you had a life prior to alcohol. And Alcohol, the miserable son-of-a-bitch that it is, at some point took over.

But, just for one sweet moment, look at your innocent self.

LOOK AT YOUR INNOCENT SELF.

We don't need alcohol. We don't need this bullshit. We need love and acceptance and someone who will listen to us.

And we need a remedy for neck pain. Okay, I'm being selfish.

There is a way out. It is not easy. If anyone says that it it easy, they are a liar. As it turns out, all alcoholics are liars. But we can heal. We can become honest again.

And... we can find comfort for our neck pain....

The man pulling radishes
                              pointed the way
                              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Warm enough to be outside for a little while. It really improves a person's spirits. Love watching all the kindness and good witt in the nest. Hope all the newbies are hanging tough. Excited for the smart recovery meeting tomorrow! I am using my tablet these past few days to get used to it. Just hard to type lol!
                                Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Working...
                                X