Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1448784 wrote: Goodnight to All,

I fell asleep earlier while studying. My husband did not bother to wake me for dinner or sex or anything!..

kuya - you make me laugh! Seriously though, I would not have thought of neck pain as part of the detox process.

Well, it's almost 10 pm in my corner of the world. I'm going to study a bit more and then off to bed.

I wish for all of you a safe and warm night in The Nest. :hug:
    Night Tess .....seriously I suffered terribly with neck pain during detox and we cerebral sort do. Also when we drank we selfmedicated these twinges unwittingly.

I am a vet yet I limit drug use, if you have performed an action to cause the pain then fine, painkillers. If the pain has arisen inside out,so to speak, then new ways to 'unwind' should be tried and bathing/swimming then sex are a good combination. Book hubby tomorrow

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters and hiya Kuya

Hope everyone has a good day xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Couldn't read too much of the activity tonight, it was a busy day/evening for me and I'm just tucking in. Day 7 AF today!

Hope everyone is doing okay and well.
        ?Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.?- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Newbies Nest

InDreams- congratulations on 7 days You are doing great x

someone will be along soon to give you a moon. Im off out now- see ya about xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Sweetpea and congrats In Dreams on 7 days.....the worst is over physically, be very proud :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Damn, now my plood pressure dropped (or the delayed work of the sleeping pill) and I started dreaming as soon as I put my head on the pillow. But am affraid of those dreams because they all seem like reality to me. And I try to get rid of each and one of them. I don't know If I ever sleep normally...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters, checking in on day 4 here. I feel good and strong and I'm going to keep it that way!

Alarmed, when I first started trying to quit 2 years ago I thought I would never sleep normally again, it seems impossible but you will sleep normally again it just may take a month or so. I tried sleeping pills at first but decided if I was not going to sleep then i just was not going to sleep. Sleeping pill delay the brain figuring out how to sleep without substances. It's a learned process. Try not to be afraid of the dreams, tell yourself they are just dreams and they can't hurt you and just let them pass through your mind as if on a river. Good luck and be well.
                Happy hump day all!
                ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Woke up to the coldest weather we've had in years around these parts, Brrrrr!!!!

Congrats on your 7 AF days InDreams, great work!!!!!!
                  odat, you are doing well, stay the course

Greetings Kuya, sweetpea, tree, Tess & everyone.

Alarmed, I don't fully understand what's going on with you :comfused: You seem to be freaking yourself out a bit, do you always do that? Are you AF at this point? If you are past 3 AF days or so you are not dealing with DTs. That occurs during acute AL withdrawal. Why don't you go see a doctor & get some help settling down??

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, I have just found MWO as I try again to claim my life back from The Beast. It is great to feel part of a non-judgemental community and I look forward to visiting regularly.
                    My tale of woe has it's roots in the1970's when I got involved with a theatre group who always had the greatest bacchanalian parties after every performance. I then joined our major television network where it was frowned upon to not go to the pub during and after what we laughingly called work, and sometimes before work.
                    Now I am freelance and have long periods "resting" when my consumption frequently gets out-of-hand following the tedious and predictable pattern of daily escalation until after 4 days if I'm awake I'm drinking. As this has to be done clandestinely swigging from concealed bottles I end up drinking more than I would if I had put it in a glass!
                    There have been several shameful episodes where I have passed out at dinner parties or at home in front of my beautiful wife and children. I wish I was normal. AAAARGH!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Query

What do the initials "NF" stand for?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stamphingeman;1448966 wrote: Hello, I have just found MWO as I try again to claim my life back from The Beast. It is great to feel part of a non-judgemental community and I look forward to visiting regularly.
                        My tale of woe has it's roots in the1970's when I got involved with a theatre group who always had the greatest bacchanalian parties after every performance. I then joined our major television network where it was frowned upon to not go to the pub during and after what we laughingly called work, and sometimes before work.
                        Now I am freelance and have long periods "resting" when my consumption frequently gets out-of-hand following the tedious and predictable pattern of daily escalation until after 4 days if I'm awake I'm drinking. As this has to be done clandestinely swigging from concealed bottles I end up drinking more than I would if I had put it in a glass!
                        There have been several shameful episodes where I have passed out at dinner parties or at home in front of my beautiful wife and children. I wish I was normal. AAAARGH!
                        You have come to a good place. Many of us were where you are and together we are healing. Please stay close and check out the "tool box" link at the bottom of my post. You can get sober and we can help each other to stay that way.
                        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stamphingeman;1448969 wrote: What do the initials "NF" stand for?
                          Nicotine Free
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Wednesday fellow Nesters. It's another beautiful sober day for me today. I'll be packing my best "Hoodies and jeans for a trip to a National Park this weekend. My 3 girls have their little "Hoodies" too and I can't forget their special pillows. I've found a Blue Buffalo food that they all agree tastes great and their coats are looking very shiny and sleek. We found a La Quinta Inn that is Pet Friendly (thank God, now we can see the world). So I will be missing for a few days this weekend. I must remember to pack my binoculars and bird book and try to find something better than moccasins for my feet??? Lots of juices and soft drinks in the cooler and then>>>>away we go! Have a safe, joyful SOBER weekend, everyone and may God Bless you all!:wings::wings::lilangel::lilangel: Angels watch over you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stamp, you have landed yourself in the best possible place if you are ready to get your life back! I always suggest reading back a couple weeks to get to know us...but in this particular last 2 weeks, we've had some very inspriring stories. You will see Siren's first day where she checked in every hour and wrote down a reason to get her life back...today is her Day 8. You can see Alarmed taking the measures necessary to get thru these first challenging days. Day 1 is the hardest...and the only thing that makes it better is Day 2!! Every single one of us have been where you are now...if we can do it, YOU CAN, TOO! Dig your heels in and plow thru!! We are so glad you're here!

Have a happy day everyone...Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

have a fun trip hippy! i want to see a picture of the dogs in their hoodies
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X