Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hippy, whatever shall we do without you?!?! Have a great time! I'm sure the girls will love the adventure!
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Indreams :goodjob:

I have been waiting for you to post that you had achieved 7 days so I could (on behalf of the newbies nest) award you the grand prize for the week.

The full moon:

:moon:

We here in the nest KNOW how tough those first seven days are and always want to show our admiration when one of our fellow newbies conquers this great feat. Just think of it Indreams- you have lived through every day of the week now, without using alcohol. Doesn't it feel great? We think so!!!! Keep up the good work, Indreams!
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1448781 wrote: For now treat them like an annoying flat mate and try and work around them
        I like the visuals in this one. Thanks Kuya!
        I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Lav, Byrdie, Polly ( I want to see pics of Hippys dogs too:h) Starfish, Hippy (have a great trip) and Siren! Welcome to Stamp! Your in the best place. :welcome:
          Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Rainyday. Keep up the great job! I am following your story as well! Keep strong with hubs drinking and support (or lack thereof). :h
            Live in the "NOW". :h

Deb

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Stamp, we are glad you have found us! Yes, please pull up a twig and settle in to the coziness of the nest. You will get tons of great supportive advice and genuine care right here. If you are truly interested in becoming Alcohol Free, I believe you have landed in a gold mine full of great tools to use.

Good Morning to everyone :l I have been reading as much as I can over the past several days, but have not done much posting and I apologize for that. Unfortunately, I have several "projects" going on at this time that are demanding a lot of my attention.

I just want you all to know how much you mean to me and how proud I am of each of you. This is a great bunch of newbies (and not-so-newbies).

Jennie, I am happy to see you back with us!
              K9- Love your new avatar! You gals are knockouts!!!

Thanks for all of the support gang. Let's all Keep up the great work!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Question, about when does the daily struggle stop?
                ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day Nesters.....Indreams....congratulations on your 7 days....feels good, doesn't it! ODAT...I like how you sound....strong and determined.
                  Hippy....enjoy your trip with your girls....I'm sure they will!
                  Off to yoga class....just saw the instructor walk by, so gotta run.
                  Will check in later to see how everyone is doing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning!!!!!!!
                    tomorrow i head to colorado!! I am really looking forward to skiing this weekend. But, I am a bit nervous about how it will go tomorrow night at the work related function. Feeling pressure to go to a bowling event that will serve dinner and drinks....I had decided to skip it and go to an AA meeting out there instead but feel I should make an appearance. So now I am thinking I will go to the AA meeting and then go to the event late and leave early.....if I can't resist the drink moments after an AA meeting, then I will really be disappointed in myself!!
                    oh, what to do, what to do.......
                    Starting to feel really free of AL on this, my 5th day AF this time around. What a relief to feel this way again.
                    Have a great day all!
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenn, you've got my cell phone number...and the support of this nest! If I can get thru my drunken bunch of co-workers, I know you can...I'm no stronger than you are!! Lav will be on one shoulder and I'll be on the other and we'll knock you up side da head if you even think of picking up a drink!! Kapeesh??? ehehehe...YOU WILL DO GREAT, and when you come out the other side...much more confident! You WILL do it...visualize yourself doing it...it helps.

ODAT, funny you should ask. I found that on Day 13, I wasn't struggling to get thru the day anymore. I realized on that day this was something I could do. Day 7 was big, but Day 13 'clicked'. I hope you find the same to be the case with you. B
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jennie, I would suggest, in between the AA meeting and the bowling party that you EAT LIKE A PIG!! I saw where you are giving up carbs and sugar, but get yourself some protein. Eat some almonds or cheese or a hamburger patty or something.... Eat until you can't even THINK about drinking anything. I promise you, IT WILL WORK!!!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All,

I found this: Neck pain can be very distressing and disturbing. But no matter what the cause of the neck pain, unequivocally there's a metaphysical causation at play. Energy is always at the root of our problems including injuries and diseases. kuya, interesting, yes?

The Nest has been busy recently. It can be rough to stay sober but it is totally worth it!!

I am off to school to write a research paper on Authentication Protocol. :sigh:

I apologize, fellow fledglings, for being a pain in the neck yesterday. :nutso:

Have a safe AF Wednesday ~
                          Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                          pointed the way
                          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

ODAT, the struggle will last as long as you keep your focus on AL.
                            Work on your attitude of gratitude instead. It really works
                            Take a look at this, do some reading:
                            The ToDo Institute: Mindfulness, Procrastination, and Gratitude using Morita and Naikan Therapies

Jenn, plant to win & you will

Hello & welcome to Stamp!
                            Be sure to download & read the MWO book from the Health store here. It's a good place to start!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Wednesday Nesters!

Jenn - You'll be fine on your trip...enjoy the skiing and remember that Byrdie, Lav and I are right there with you! PM me if you want my number...we can get through this together...kapeesh (as Byrdie says)?? LOL

HappyHippy! Have a great time on your nature adventure. I want to see your girls sporting their hoodies too, so please take lots of pictures! We will miss you, but we'll keep your twig saved for you right here in the Nest! Hurry back! :l

ODAT - I agree with Lav...as long as you're focused on alcohol, or anything positive about it, you'll probably never get past the struggle. My life changed when my thinking went from "I can't drink anymore" to "I don't have to drink anymore!"

Welcome Stamp...we're glad to have you with us! We look forward to getting to know you better!
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

ODAT....I found if I switched my thinking from "I can't take a drink" to "I CHOOSE not to have a drink" it really helped.
                                And Jenn....when I had to face the same social atmosphere for the first time, I rehearsed for days m drink order ..."I'll have a tonic and lime, please" and "a cranberry juice and soda, please". It just rolled off my tongue at the event to my relief. Hope that helps a bit Gong late and leaving early is also a good strategy.

Comment

Working...
                                X