X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Had a busy but good day myself!

New Day, sorry about your FIL. Have been thru all that & more. Hope you get some decent sleep tonight, yuo certainly deserve a good night

Fin, what can we do to help you stay on your plan? Keep trying!!

Byrdie asked me to post a doggie pic for her - so here's the Byrd dog

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have you tried tryptophan and melatonin ? Benadryl also works apparently

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1449457 wrote: Good evening Nesters,

Had a busy but good day myself!

New Day, sorry about your FIL. Have been thru all that & more. Hope you get some decent sleep tonight, yuo certainly deserve a good night

Fin, what can we do to help you stay on your plan? Keep trying!!

Byrdie asked me to post a doggie pic for her - so here's the Byrd dog

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest!
        Lav
        Oh my goodness. So cute!

Thanks for showing us.
        AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Kuya.....I've tried double dose of melatonin and valerian and calm forte and another product called Deep Sleep. All over the counter stuff and none of it in various combinations seems to work. I also have been experiencing restless leg syndrome since I quit drinking. Take a product called Restful Legs (naturopathic tabs) and they seem to help a bit.
          I don't think I've got any Benadryl on hand but ill check. Thanks

Lav.......love the doggie photo.....my but he/she projects attitude and presence!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodnight all.....need to get to bed. See you all tomorrow. Sweet dreams!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, lovin' the little doggie 'tude!

Night to all in the Nest. Stay warm and safe!
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

wow!!
                thanks for everyone's support.....i will stay in touch....excited to get away and feel confident right now about the stupid bowling party
                will definitely go late and leave early
                AND you gave me permission to EAT which I will do BEFORE i get to the party....
                what a great idea...something delicious and decadent is in order I think!!
                :thanks::l
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, thank you for posting my baby's picture! She has Lav-itude!! You are the best for posting that picture for me!!!

New Day...my heart goes out to you...that hospital gets old in a hurry...hang in there, my thoughts and prayers will be with you for strength. You will never regret staying sober during this...for so many reasons.

Fin...I also had a stumbling point, mine was 12 days....it was maddening! Unitl, just like K9 said...I did it! And never looked back. This wasn't even the quit I thought was going to stick, but it did! So you never know....BTW, this one WILL stick! I believe in you!

Be safe tonight, everyone!! No matter what...and no matter who! XO, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sweet Dreams to All in The Nest,

I am going to curl up with a good book. I will wake in a few hours, no doubt, and finish homework. I may check in with you then.

I am so proud of all of you -- of the struggles and of the victories. We are fighting for our very lives, trying with all of our effort to stay alive.

I loved the dog photos today: doggy smiles and doggy snarls... :dog:

May you feel warm and loved in The Nest tonight. ~
                    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night all. Thanks for the support. Day one
                      Is hell.
                      All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone!

Loving the activity in the nest today, especially the dog photos awprint:

Today was day 8! I can't believe I'm even saying that. I honestly thought I'd crack by now, really out of sheer boredom. Thank you so much for all the congrats and for my full mooon :thanks:

I was so exhausted from work today I had two cups of sleepy time tea (I recommend the republic of tea's zzzzzz tea- I'm so addicted to it! I find it calms me down after a long day at work.) I took some Benadryl and was asleep before 10. What's working for me is every time I want a glass of wine I make a cup of tea instead- and I've had more tea in the past week than in the past year. It works for me though and I'll take it over the alcohol!

I will say I've had an insatiable appetite for sweets lately, I've eaten dessert almost everyday! Hopefully this will pass soon, I think it's just the way I'm dealing with cravings. Not to mention the 15 degree weather here doesn't help.

I love reading everyone's stories. Everyone here is so inspiring! One day at a time is much easier with all of you. :l
                        ?Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.?- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters,

Hope everyone has had a good nights sleep.
                          Back to work for me today (

Comment

Newbies Nest

InDreamsAwake;1449557 wrote: Hi everyone!

Loving the activity in the nest today, especially the dog photos awprint:

Today was day 8! I can't believe I'm even saying that. I honestly thought I'd crack by now, really out of sheer boredom. Thank you so much for all the congrats and for my full mooon :thanks:

I was so exhausted from work today I had two cups of sleepy time tea (I recommend the republic of tea's zzzzzz tea- I'm so addicted to it! I find it calms me down after a long day at work.) I took some Benadryl and was asleep before 10. What's working for me is every time I want a glass of wine I make a cup of tea instead- and I've had more tea in the past week than in the past year. It works for me though and I'll take it over the alcohol!

I will say I've had an insatiable appetite for sweets lately, I've eaten dessert almost everyday! Hopefully this will pass soon, I think it's just the way I'm dealing with cravings. Not to mention the 15 degree weather here doesn't help.

I love reading everyone's stories. Everyone here is so inspiring! One day at a time is much easier with all of you. :l
                            Delighted for you InDreams Keep it up girl x

I have been eating way too much chocolate lately but hey it couldnt be doing the same damage as wine!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats to you Indreams.....magnificent isn't it, after thinking it was so impossible. Keep trucking :h

Night Sweetpea

Comment

Newbies Nest

The Sinclair Method

Hello everyone and especially to all the newcomers. I`m not a good poster but read regularly. The nest has been incredible lately... so dynamic it would make any drinker want to be a part. Keep up the good work!
                                My hope to be AF on Jan 1st was a total failure. It took me over a week to get 3 days AF then that was it. My husband drinks every evening at dinner so it's been difficult. So I finally decided another tactic... naltrexone (the Sinclair method) and wanted to share the results with you (Stamphingeman).
                                Started with 25mg of naltrexone, 1 h before dinner/drinking time and drank the usual amount, maybe even a little more.
                                Day 2 same
                                Day 3 same but drank less
                                Day 4 went up to 50 mg as I was not having any side effects except vivid dreams and minor stomach cramps.
                                Kept on with 50 and very careful to always take at least 1 h before drinking. Keeping a close account of consommation using a diary.
                                Seems that the buzz or high and the desire for more drinks just kind of goes away little by little.
                                Then we went on a 4 day trip to Paris, friends, restaurants and drinking, lunch and dinner but always taking the naltrexone. Now back home and we've decided to stop drinking TOGETHER. So no naltrexone. It's been quite easy. That huge urge around 7pm has gone and since my husband makes a milk thistle tea instead of opening a bottle of wine it helps. BUT, we are going back to Paris in a few days for some dinners and I plan on taking the naltrexone and having some wine.
                                I hope that this will create a situation where the desire diminishes with time and I can carefully decide in advance if and when to drink, like a normal person, and always have the naltrexone beforehand.
                                This may work for me because although I've had a very hard time with many attempts to be AF, I am not such a heavy drinker. Also, the idea that I can drink if I take the meds kind of prevents me from panicking and obsessing over the subject.
                                Please let me know if anyone would like me to share my naltrexone progress or if it is inappropriate for those going completely AF.
                                Also, I am changing my name. Mywayin wasn't working and I can't use Mywayout. My original name was Nike (just do it!) but that wasn't working either and it sounded presumptious, so you will see me with the new name: Labelleaventure. It's a sailboat and it means 'beautiful adventure'.:sun:
                                Go as far as you can see.
                                When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

Working...
                                X