Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Myway......the nest is for people early on trying to get some sober time. Sharing your journey would be good as some really struggle to get or stay AF and like you might try the naltrexone route. Glad to hear you are using it correctly to take away the high of alcohol.....so many people have been incorrectly prescribed it for cravings. I think it may just take away the panic of not being able to drink at all.

The only request is that active drinking not be the talk in the nest. Drop in for company and support with not drinking. A good idea would be to start your own TSM thread in the starting out section. You can then have a less disjointed record of your journey and others can read your journey and chip in.

I wish you well, I have heard good things about TSM and would consider this method should my current sobriety falter.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

I have to run out very early to watch my grandsons for a few hours, just wanted to say hello!

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippys GREAT Adventure begins....

Happy Thursday Nesting buddies! We are all packed and ready to go for our weekend Wilderness Adventure. It's a wee bit chilly but the weatherman says it SHALL be sunny and unseasonably warm...YEAH, for that! They are having some kind of Frontier days at the park and I see it says NO PETS ALLOWED :upset: The girls will still have fun staying in a new Motel and walking on the nature trails etc. I'm wondering what these (time travelers 1840"s style) will think of this Hippy? There's gonna be old time music and crafts (right up my alley) and they'll be teaching about herbs for cooking and dyeing etc. Sounds like FUN! I wish you a safe, joyful and SOBER days ahead. I'll try to check in on Saturday or should be home sometime on Sunday. Blessings to ALL! PS. I am so grateful! None of this could happen if I wasn't sober! :l
        Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Kuya for your suggestion, I have posted "The Sinclair Method / Naltrexone" in the thread "Topamax, Campral, Naltrexone, Baclofen, other meds"
          Go as far as you can see.
          When you get there, you'll see further.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters......Hippy...enjoy your weekend with your girls. Sounds like a wonderful time.

I FINALLY had a good night's sleep last night (sleeping pill required ). I don't take them very often, just when I've had a string of rotten nights. Boy do I wish I could sleep like that every night......my hubby does and it is so frustrating to lie there tossing and turning beside someone who can go to sleep as soon as his head hits the pillow!

I feel so much better this morning. In was getting anxious about keeping my sobriety when I get overtired like I was because I kept thinking a couple of glasses of wine and I would sleep so much better.......and if I knew I could keep it to a couple I'd be okay with that. But we all know where that leads to! The reason I'm here.

So day 24 and my 30 day goal is getting closer. I still haven't figured out what my plan is after that.
            There were a couple of posts yesterday....one being from Fin, saying day 33 was his tripping point. I'm wondering if that's because like me, there isn't a real plan after achieving the 30 days.

My original idea was to get the 30 days before attempting moderation as has been suggested......but I just don't know. Sorry, I'm rambling on....just I'm so unsure. An underlying goal was to lose weight by stopping drinking.....I figured it would just melt off when I stopped consuming all those empty calories. My eating hasn't changed really, so I'm a little disappointed the scale hasn't budged much.

Well, I have a few days to figure this out, but any suggestions would be welcome. How did your plans change as you approached your 30 day goal?

Thanks to everyone here for their support!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi new day,im a little afraid of the 30 day mark also,if i knew o.k. this whole mess is over im fine now id be fine,but as we know 30 days really is just the beginning,im trying to change my mindset to "i just dont drink period" hopefully itll help me to just continue on and on and ignore what day im on after then
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

New Day...since you ASKED!!! What to do when you hit the 30 day mark? It IS the dilemma when you are approaching it...but a couple of things strike me...and it seems like you have answered your own question in the very same post where you are asking it. You said:

I feel so much better this morning. In was getting anxious about keeping my sobriety when I get overtired like I was because I kept thinking a couple of glasses of wine and I would sleep so much better.......and if I knew I could keep it to a couple I'd be okay with that. But we all know where that leads to! The reason I'm here.

Ahhh...the REASON you are here...I also noticed your join date: July 2008. Then, your screen name: New Day.

So one day in July of 2008, 5 years ago, you were so frustrated with your own life that you sat down and sought out an online forum to help you end this madness. You chose a screen name to that affect...THIS IS IT....it's a NEW DAY! So what has changed between that time and now? Has your relationship with AL improved ....at all? I would venture a guess that the answer is no. In fact, I'd take that one step further and say that it is actually worse than that day back in July 2008. These are difficult words to hear, and believe you me, I've taken heat for this, but I have YET to be convinced otherwise....Your relationship with AL right here, right now, is as good as it's ever going to get. Notice I say 'as good'....because you can trust me on this...it WILL GET WORSE! As you well know, this is a progressive disease. If I could have quit 5 years before I did, I'd have saved myself and people I love a LOT of heartbreak. Correct me if I'm wrong...you are still LONGING to drink, right? And that isn't how normal drinkers think. This is addiction, and the only cure is to cut off the source of that addiction. You can trust me when I say I've tested this theory, because NOBODY could have wanted it to work worse than I did. I tried and tried...and YOU'VE tried and tried....am I true? It is a bitter pill to swallow, but I hope that you can look yourself in the mirror and see WHO you are....You are a person with an AL problem. It's a bitch. But it is what it is....You will fight this fight the rest of your life if you let it back in...you will be right back here like I was...with Day 1. Why not try something new? Make it a New Day? Keep going...and see if this path doesn't work out 110% better than the old tired one? I say protect your quit at all costs!! It's an investment in YOU! You know what doesn't work....right? I wouldn't lead you astray!! I'm not going to tell you it's always easy, but I can promise you it is BETTER!! I hope you stick around and join the 100 Day Clubbers...
                Sorry for the sermon, but that's what this place is all about...those who have walked ahead of you and seen the trouble and struggles that lie ahead. There're AL landmines ahead, and they ARE out to kill you!
                Just my 2 cents!! (and you did ask!!) Hang in there! You will never regret being sober! XXOO, Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1449356 wrote: Yeah, you've got to be stoked. I keep crashing after 30 days. 33 is my high water mark. I'm still soul searching.
                  "Western Part of US of A" and "Stoked" You have to be from So Cal. LOL
                  I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

finallydone;1449443 wrote: Just seeing what's up in the nest after 3 hours of studying. I'll have to read back on what has been going on today lol!
                    Are you and undergrad, and what are you studying to be? Just curious. Wish I were back in the books again!
                    I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for that post, ByrdLady. You are tough and that is what I need to hear. I am on yet another day 1. My goal is for it to be my LAST ONE!!!

I hope all of you have a wonderful, AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1449457 wrote: Good evening Nesters,

Had a busy but good day myself!

New Day, sorry about your FIL. Have been thru all that & more. Hope you get some decent sleep tonight, yuo certainly deserve a good night

Fin, what can we do to help you stay on your plan? Keep trying!!

Byrdie asked me to post a doggie pic for her - so here's the Byrd dog

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest!
                        Lav
                        Very Dignified Doggie!

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day,
                          I joined MWO with the hope I could learn to drink moderately. That's because I was in denial about my growing dependence on AL. As I approached my 30 day mark I was advised to ask myself honestly if I was truly ready to have just 1 drink. The answer was NO!!!!!!
                          I'm still not ready & actually feel sick at the thought of ever drinking again. I have lived just fine without a drop of AL in nearly 4 years
                          Think about it - what the hell good is 1 drink???
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day;1449465 wrote: I also have been experiencing restless leg syndrome since I quit drinking. Take a product called Restful Legs (naturopathic tabs) and they seem to help a bit.
                            I don't think I've got any Benadryl on hand but ill check. Thanks

Lav.......love the doggie photo.....my but he/she projects attitude and presence!
                            I had real bad restless legs when I was pregnant. I used to rub Icy Hot on them. It was instant relief.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar, thanks...I'm not going to try and help someone to drink better...I'm going to try and help them STOP this crazy cycle. Like Lav told me (and just restated) when we finally stop BULLSHITTING ourselves, we are able to move ahead. It is HARD to face at first...but now I am so thankful. May this be the first day of a lifetime of sobriety!! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

InDreamsAwake;1449557 wrote: What's working for me is every time I want a glass of wine I make a cup of tea instead- and I've had more tea in the past week than in the past year. It works for me though and I'll take it over the alcohol!

I will say I've had an insatiable appetite for sweets lately, I've eaten dessert almost everyday! Hopefully this will pass soon, I think it's just the way I'm dealing with cravings. Not to mention the 15 degree weather here doesn't help. :l
                                Me too - lots of tea (sleeptime at night, antioxidant in the afternoon!) and it's great for the chill we are experiencing on the eastern coast!

And me too for the sweets!

Comment

Working...
                                X