Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hippyman;1449578 wrote: Happy Thursday Nesting buddies! We are all packed and ready to go for our weekend Wilderness Adventure. It's a wee bit chilly but the weatherman says it SHALL be sunny and unseasonably warm...YEAH, for that! They are having some kind of Frontier days at the park and I see it says NO PETS ALLOWED :upset: The girls will still have fun staying in a new Motel and walking on the nature trails etc. I'm wondering what these (time travelers 1840"s style) will think of this Hippy? There's gonna be old time music and crafts (right up my alley) and they'll be teaching about herbs for cooking and dyeing etc. Sounds like FUN! I wish you a safe, joyful and SOBER days ahead. I'll try to check in on Saturday or should be home sometime on Sunday. Blessings to ALL! PS. I am so grateful! None of this could happen if I wasn't sober! :l
    Oh No! We'll miss you!
    I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainyday,
      Harris decaf green tea & a bag of red Swedish fish are keeping me happy today in this freezing weather
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
        I am lurking for a while ....more AF days that not but not perfect. Struggling with stress and work issues.
        Planning my escape from work but need to be smart about it.
        Otherwise OK and enjoy the support and reading all the posts.
        Dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1449641 wrote: Rainyday,
          Harris decaf green tea & a bag of red Swedish fish are keeping me happy today in this freezing weather
          Is the decaf green tea as good for the body as the regular green tea? I've often wondered that. I love green tea, but the regular makes me very jumpy!
          I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Friends :l

Just swooping in for a second to catch up and wish everyone a great day! Good to see you, Fin- I hope you stick around with us for a while. We have an awesome group and we would be "awesomer" with you around. You can do it, Fin.

Hey Dottie- glad you are reading and keeping up with the nest. Please let us know how to help you, too!

Rainy- Just wanted to let you know that I suffer from restless legs myself. Did you know that antihistamines (such as benadryl) can actually make the restlessness worse? It definitely makes mine worse- keep and eye out for that.

I have been trying to figure out how to post my dogs pics, but haven't been able to do it :upset: I sure do love seeing all the babies though- they are so sweet!

New Day- and everyone else wondering about the next steps after reaching 30 days- you have heard the honest truth from our nest moms. We are all here because we have an addiction to alcohol. And really, there is NO CURE for addiction. If you really want to be well, you have got to ABSTAIN. It's that simple. The thing that complicates matters is our refusal to accept that we have to abstain. We think of all sorts of excuses and ways out and bargaining tools, but in the end, we get back to the same spot- Drinking to excess and needing to quit. Shame, Guilt and Remorse. Nothing changes if nothing changes.

So, like they say, we need to adopt an attitude of gratitude, stop romanticizing our relationship with alcohol and see it for what it is. An addiction and the root of many problems.

Take it one day at a time, you can do it!
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

So we don't have a dog YET! I want one real bad! We have to get the house organized first! We have too many little things (toys and such) that the dog could chew and swallow.

But here is our stupid cat and my baby boy (not so baby, he'll be 3 in March!)

He wasn't smiling until my husband came to take the picture; in fact, I think he was almost asleep and his head was snuggled up right next to the cat! Attached files [img]/converted_files/2036044=7353-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1449651 wrote: I have been trying to figure out how to post my dogs pics, but haven't been able to do it :upset: I sure do love seeing all the babies though- they are so sweet!
                I think my pic went through... ?

If you go to advanced post, then I then click the little paper clip at the top of the post where the fonts stuff is. Browse your computer and upload. But, maybe you're not on a computer? I forgot so many use those other devises these days!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainyday,
                  I believe in the antioxidant power of green tea. My B/P is lower, my cholesterol is coming down, etc.
                  The decaf is great - no jitters

If you guys want to imbed a picture in a post like this - you need to do it from Photobucket & use the img code. This is Matilda last summer
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww what a cute face...LIKE!
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Like, like, like!!! I am tryin' Lav!!! I did post a pic one time. The computer i am on will not let me use photobucket, but i had used the paper clip before and now I can't. I will figure it out again somehow. thanks, guys!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day-I warned you about putting emphasis on "30 days" It will not be a glorious, cloud parting, angels singing, confetti flying, parade waving event. It's just another day. Another day in this hopefully long list of days. I DO NOT want to go back to the way it was. There was nothing good about it. It makes me sick to think of the way my life was before. What a waste! I love my life, my energy, my new attitude. I'm alive and experiencing life. Moderation? For what purpose? why? There are no benefits, at all, zip. Good luck.

I'm day 44 and NEVER turning back.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1449665 wrote: If you guys want to imbed a picture in a post like this - you need to do it from Photobucket & use the img code
                          Ahh... she is so sweet!

So I just created a Photbucket account. Uploaded one photo. Now what?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainy! What an adorable pic!!! I vaguely remember having a child that small...enjoy it, it will FLY by!

Last night my daughter was all up in my business and watching me post on here and she saw my signature....she'd never seen it before. She said "Awwww mom!"...and I said, "Well it's TRUE...and also now that I've posted my quit smoking date I can never go back!"

My iPad is cutting into my reading time, but it's a lot of fun. I wasn't much of a fan of Facebook until I realized how nosy I could be on people I haven't seen in years. LOL

Star - What excellent advice you've given...you made me proud :h Us "oldbies" know for a fact that drinking in moderation is a fantasy for us...we just CAN'T do it. I know that all my attempts at moderation led me to driving drunk to the store for more beer. Yeah, I'd start out with the best of intentions, but by beer 4 or 5 all bets were off, and out I'd go in my torn up jammies to flash the liquor store guy! If there was a "secret" to going from being an alcoholic to a "normal" drinker, we'd have shared it by now and none of us would be here!

Overit....congrats on day 44....You truly are OVERIT44 today! :h
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks K9! I wish I could have one more! Just one! But that would be 4 kids! I am going to miss the baby-stage!

Do you talk to your daughter about your drinking? I think it's really important. Especially when they get to a certain age (plese, before 15!). If my dad (OR ANYONE!) would have talked to me about how awful it was, maybe I wouldn't have ever started. I never heard how bad it was; just from my mom's side of the story as the "survivor of an alcoholic husband", but I always thought she was just a complainer anyway! She still is, and he's been sober 24 years, but she is just that way! Glass always half empty, never half full!

I would be curious about others and their discussions with their kids... please tell me their ages too, and responses. Thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, K9
                                You know, guys, I am sitting here thinking to myself that I KNEW I had a drinking problem when I was in my twenties, but for years I just questioned if I was really an alcoholic or not. Between the time i was 26 yo and 36 yo, I had four children and totally quit drinking throughout those pregnancies, but, other than that, I basically went thru hell struggling to control or quit drinking for around 30 years. Can you believe it 30 years of my life spent trying to accomplish the same thing- just stop drinking. I had a few periods of sobriety, but each and every time I would let myself drink again, I would be back in the same boat - a daily drunk! I am so happy now that (with the help of you all) I am learning to overcome the struggles and choose sobriety. It is definitely the better choice. It is a choice I pray that i will continue to make for the rest of my life. It is a choice I PLAN to make for the rest of my life and really hope to help others make the same choice.

08-13-15

Comment

Working...
                                X