Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Rainy -
    My daughter knows ALL about my struggle. I've been very honest...I don't burden her with it, but I don't hide it. I want her to know that it's easier to never start than it is to quit. She's now 15, but she really took notice around the age of 12. That's when she started writing me letters telling me she was scared for my life, she was worried I'd die of lung cancer/liver failure. That's so unfair for a 12 year old to worry about. I got sober for her, I stay sober for me, and the end result is that it benefits us both.

4 kids...are you crazy? LOL My sister has a "blended" family and they have 6 boys...6 teenage boys...can you imagine their food bill?

Hang in there Rainy!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry, Rainy- cross post- My daughters are now aged 25, 23, 21 and 16. They are fine young women, but we definitely had our rough patches. I have apologized to them over and over again for the way i have been and I will never get over the regret i feel for missing so much of their lives (and mine too), but there is no way I can make it up. All i can do is try to make a better future- and I am going to do that with my whole heart! Thanks for asking.
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My parents didn't have to have the discussion. I lived through the hell with my dad. Didn't do me any good, did it? I don't know what the answer is.

K9-HA! I hadn't even realized the 44's.

I was just thinking last night that I should have started a daily journal when I started this journey. I was talking yesterday about getting through everyday of the year and until that happened, each day and circumstance was a new one on the AF journey. It would be kind of nice when something or a specific day or event arrises to look back and remember what got me through Super Bowl Sunday or my hubs B-day or New Year's Eve, etc. So far, I've been sober through the Holidays, the tragic death of an alcoholic friend, my anniversary, and currently in the middle of my busiest time of the year at work. What's next? check, check and check.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

[img][/IMG]

Hot Damn!! I did it!!! Here's one of my dogs. This is the pretty one. If I can remember how to do it again, I'll show you the "not so pretty", but lovable one!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW - beautiful!

So how did you do it?!!!
              I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow!!! Star!!! He is gorgeous!!! Great job on posting that! Everyone's pets are a howl!!! K9's gets the 'bug eye' award, tho!!! Bahahaha....all are adorable! B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

PHOTO TEST!

FAILED! BLAH!
                  I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay, so here goes another try. This is the "not so pretty one" in her Christmas sweater- which she hates, because it makes her look "plump" LOL!!

And Rainy, I wish I could tell you how to do it. I just keep pushing buttons. I will get more practice and try to write it down. I did use photobucket though!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

2nd Photo try

I GIVE UP! I think I need a drink!

just jokin

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1449772 wrote: Okay, so here goes another try. This is the "not so pretty one" in her Christmas sweater- which she hates, because it makes her look "plump" LOL!!

And Rainy, I wish I could tell you how to do it. I just keep pushing buttons. I will get more practice and try to write it down. I did use photobucket though!
                        Ha ha... i finished the sentence in my mind before I finished reading your sentence "because it makes her look fat". LOL

Cute gentle doggie!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Honestly, Rainy- I was thinkin to myself that this "image posting" is gonna drive me to drink. LOL!!!

So kind of what I did, was to email the photo to my gmail account, then download it onto my computer and save it in "my documents". Then I went to my photobucket account (which I just set up this morning) and uploaded the pics to that. Then, on this site, in the "advanced post" mode, click the "insert image" icon and then go back to photobucket and copy the link and paste it.

Whew, diet coke anyone???

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

ROLFLMAO

Comment

Newbies Nest

Photo Try #3!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Where do I go while on the photobucket site? That is where I am copying the http link at the top of the page.

Comment

Working...
                                X