• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

AWWW:upset:
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainyday;1449773 wrote:

2nd Photo try

I GIVE UP! I think I need a drink!

just jokin
      You gave up drinkin'....remember?

I use the "attachment" button at the top (the paper clip), then it asks you where you want to get the picture from, select the location on your computer then push "upload". That's what I did...and it took me a long time to figure out too!

Someone please post a picture of their dog with bigger eyes than my dog has, she's starting to feel self conscious :shocked:
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainy, if you have the photo in your photo bucket, then over to the right side of the page, there are some choices about which link you want to copy. Do you see those?

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not the one at the top of the page, I was trying to do that too.

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here ya go K9- Now I'm showin off :H:H:H

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

RainydayGirl13's Library | Photobucket

Photo Try #4!
              I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

HOLY CRAP! Star-what the heck is that?

It looks like my Uncle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just spit all over my keyboard, and with my bag on, it's a little messy. Thanks alot. ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

#5?

[img width=480 height=360]div style=[/img]
                  I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Haha, K9 wanted someone to post a pic of a dog with eyes bigger than her dog's eyes. Poor lil puppy. It was labelled the ugliest dog ever (SHHHH!!!)

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

[img][/IMG]

Jacob with my parents dog. They are best buddies!

(and I did it! YAY!)

LOL K9 and Star and Overit!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, How SWEEEEETTTT!!!!!!! I love the little hands (and paws). You are truly blessed, Rainy!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

[img][/IMG]

My three "babies" over the summer with my parent's dog, Bailey.

I don't have a really good picture of all three of them together.

But it's better than dogs with bulging eyes.

LMAO over that...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well that sure looks like a good picture of the three of them to me!!! And Bailey looks great too, but he wants a retake cause his eyes are CLOSED!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

HOLY SMOKES Star! That dog is so ugly he's adorable. He must be the "new" world's ugliest dog...the previous one died not too long ago. Although I must say, he's really not that ugly (hey, I think potato bugs are cute....)
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

30 Day Goal

Hello Dear Nest Friends,

I've been reading this morning's posts about what to do once we have reached our 30 Days AF goal.

I discovered the MWO site on December 31, 2012. I was searching desperately for a solution to my problem with alcoholism. I started to post on Newbies Nest without reading the "instruction manual." Thus, I did not realize that the initial goal was 30 days of sobriety.

I was dying. Medical complications from alcohol were going to kill me or, being utterly and totally hopeless, I was going to kill myself. Either way, I was going to die.

So... the only goal that I had was to stop drinking altogether. Period. I cannot take one drink without needing another and then another. I am an alcoholic.

I wasn't aware of the Newbies Nest goal of 30 sober days until about a week ago. For me, there is no question of what to do at 30 AF days. I have two choices: 1) Stay sober and live -- or -- 2) Drink alcohol and die.

I am on AF Day 24. Do I miss alcohol? Yes and No. I still have cravings and I believe that the crap is still in my body on a cellular level. So yes, I miss alcohol on a physical level. Do I miss the sneaking and lying and giving five years of my life over to alcohol? No, I do not.

Would a person on their death bed be grateful for the opportunity to live five more years? And not just any five years, but five vibrant and youthful years? Yes, I can assure that a person on their death bed would be happy beyond belief to have five young and healthy years yet to live. That is what I gave away to alcohol.

To give up alcohol is a loss. And as with any loss there is a grieving process. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes I feel angry. Sometimes I pout. "Life is not fair!!" I shout.

So... for me, I do not have the mindset of: What am I going to do once I reach my goal? (For once, not reading the instruction manual is paying off!) My goal is to live EVERY DAY for the rest of my life in freedom from slavery to alcohol. I am a better, more honest, more productive, more interesting, more responsible, more helpful, AND more humorous person without the poison of alcohol in my brain. I have a chance at true happiness.

That's my two-cents worth!! :cents
                                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                                pointed the way
                                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Working...
                                X