Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I love all the doggie and little kid photos and k9 your daughter is beautiful - just like her mommy. :-)
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guess what?
      Tomorrow is Friday, time to make your weekend plans everyone. Plan to succeed, don't leave anything to chance

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in this freezing nest!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters. I just got home from a long day again at the hospital .....won't go into details as I'm just too exhausted. I posted earlier this morning re considering what my plans would be once I reached 30 days, as it will be coming up within the week.
        I thank you all for your responses. I haven't had a chance to read through all the posts, and might not get to it tonight as I'm exhausted. (No public wifi at the hospital....and actually I wouldn't have had time to get on here anyway)

When I decided to challenge myself to 30 days, it was because of something I read on the moderators forum....something to the effect that if you can't do 30 days, then you can't moderate. Well, I have never done 30 days (and I realize my 30 days aren't up yet, but I feel pretty confident....but still wary). So, if that is the case, how am I to know that I can't be one of those who can moderate? I really hesitated about posting that, but if I am to be honest with myself, I have to be honest with you.
        I have certainly learned that I can go more than a few days without alcohol and that it does get easier after those initial few days......that was always my stumbling block before....I never pushed through that time.
        I'm not talking about moderation on a daily basis by any means. I don't want to talk anymore than that about it, as this is not the forum to discuss moderating, and I fully appreciate that. I'm just trying to sort out in my own head, what do I really want to do after 30 days.
        Yes, I may have to learn the hard way as well. Something I will be thinking about over the next several days.
        Thank you to all of you again for your support and encouragement.

Comment

Newbies Nest

New day, there is no problem talking about your plans......30 days AF is the time to think about such things.
          I think the only taboo is talking about actively drinking, choosing to drink while in the nest......it is too hard on the early abstainant.

If you decide to moderate there is a place on MWO for that, a lovely group of peeps to get advice from.

This is why MWO is here....both solutions are available.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1449972 wrote: Rainy - My fellow Nester and friend in sobriety. Have you been at work all day? Do you own your own business? I just wonder because you have a lot of time to post. Are you drinking? I just have to ask. I would WANT someone to ask me.
            WOW... you sound like my husband! No, I do not own my own business and no, I wasn't nor have I been drinking...

??

Did I "sound" drunk?

I have my own office, but even so, my coworker is one of my best friends and one of my main cheerleaders. I am mostly my own boss, but I do look up to three Supervisors who I get along well with. But the main thing is that if I don't get my work done, I'm the one that suffers as it's extra work hours for me! I don't take smoke breaks (don't smoke) and I eat lunch at my desk.

I also use a computer for 80% of my job, so I am always taking a quick peek back over to MWO to see if anyone's posted. Plus I think and type very quickly.

Feeling a bit hurt over this.

If I have been drinking, yes, I would have apprecisted being called out on it, but now I'm feeling vulnerable and I haven't even drank!

Maybe I should have "found" my hubby's hidden bottle after all! Bastard said he was quiting today, but I'm alot wiser than he thinks I am.

I knew he bought more because he sounded too happy and more than ready to get the kids and me to bed. Guess it took us too long because one of tbe times he came up to deal with a major temper tantrum my stubborn 7 year old was having for over an hour, I could smell the whiskey! Does he think I'm that dumb? For God's sake, I've hid alcohol from people for 24 Goddamn years!
            I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

It took me forever and a day to chicken peck that last post on my stupid new smartphone.
              I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am too tired to catch up on everyone's posts....will do so in the morning. I just want to check in an boast a little....I arrived in Denver at 4pm....Ate a HUGE dinner at 5, GPS'ed my way to a women's AA meeting, then arrived late to the business party and left early STONE COLD SOBER!!!
                Feeling good...I did it!!! thanks again for all of your amazing support!!
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's 11:00... Do you know where your children are?

Anyone remember that short line that aired via news channel on tv everynight?

Well, I'll say It's 11:30... are you sober now?

I'm going to bed! Took sleep aid and sleepytime tea at 8:30... I'm long overdue!

Goodnight peeps!

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1450087 wrote: I am too tired to catch up on everyone's posts....will do so in the morning. I just want to check in an boast a little....I arrived in Denver at 4pm....Ate a HUGE dinner at 5, GPS'ed my way to a women's AA meeting, then arrived late to the business party and left early STONE COLD SOBER!!!
                    Feeling good...I did it!!! thanks again for all of your amazing support!!
                    Yay! I was thinking of you about an hour ago! Now enjoy some cable tv on the hotel's dime!

Goodnight Jenn!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Jenni, that must feel good!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters and is it evening with you Kuya?

Jenni- glad to hear you got through last night

Off to work for me, a looong day so will keep me outa trouble for another day!

Have a lovely AF Friday all xo

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1449955 wrote: Tess,

I am so impressed! It sounds like you 'decided to decide' and did it! Congratulations and please keep posting --- your 24 days of success is so encouraging and empowering.

Did you do the AF/not AF cycle for awhile before this change? If so, what made the 'switch' in your brain? (You are not the first person I've asked this --- I'm really trying to get any and all tips on flipping that dang switch!!).

Have a great evening.
                          NoSugar - My drink cycle was odd in that the cravings started at sunrise and ended at sunset. I told myself every night for about 4 years that I wasn't going to drink the next morning. But I nearly always did drink the next morning because I was caught in the trap of alcoholism. I didn't ever attempt to "quit with support" until I found the MWO site. I think the 'switch' in my brain occurred when I felt certain that I was going to die. I wish you much success in your sobriety. You have found a great place in Newbies Nest for support.

Goodnight to All in The Nest!! Sleep Well ~ :heart:
                          Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                          pointed the way
                          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1449941 wrote: There is no "instruction manual" for the Newbies Nest. Everyone is welcome. Period.

And we're glad you're here Tess, you are doing awesome!
                            Thanks K9!! You give so much encouragement and great advice to all of us Newbies who are trying to stay sober and stay alive. You're amazing!! :thanks:

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rainyday;1450060 wrote: WOW... you sound like my husband! No, I do not own my own business and no, I wasn't nor have I been drinking...

??

Did I "sound" drunk?

I have my own office, but even so, my coworker is one of my best friends and one of my main cheerleaders. I am mostly my own boss, but I do look up to three Supervisors who I get along well with. But the main thing is that if I don't get my work done, I'm the one that suffers as it's extra work hours for me! I don't take smoke breaks (don't smoke) and I eat lunch at my desk.

I also use a computer for 80% of my job, so I am always taking a quick peek back over to MWO to see if anyone's posted. Plus I think and type very quickly.

Feeling a bit hurt over this.

If I have been drinking, yes, I would have apprecisted being called out on it, but now I'm feeling vulnerable and I haven't even drank!

Maybe I should have "found" my hubby's hidden bottle after all! Bastard said he was quiting today, but I'm alot wiser than he thinks I am.

I knew he bought more because he sounded too happy and more than ready to get the kids and me to bed. Guess it took us too long because one of tbe times he came up to deal with a major temper tantrum my stubborn 7 year old was having for over an hour, I could smell the whiskey! Does he think I'm that dumb? For God's sake, I've hid alcohol from people for 24 Goddamn years!
                              Rainy - I am happy to hear that you are not drinking. Good job!! Yes, as I read your many posts today I was concerned that you may be drinking. And as I said, if anyone in The Nest was ever concerned that I was drinking, I would want them to ask. Keep up the good work!! :yes2:

The man pulling radishes
                              pointed the way
                              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess I have PMed you

Comment

Working...
                                X