• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Byrdie!
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star,

Glad I stopped in again. What you need right now is a damn big dose of LAVAN-ITTUDE!!!!
      You don't need to drink. Drinking to 'punish' other people doesn't work, I know from experience.

As far as the other people in your life - tell them to feck off!!!!
      You need to focus on you & work on your gratitude list

If worse comes to worse I'll send you Stella & she can peck the hell out of anyone you choose :H
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1450344 wrote: I just read through the many clear and thoughtful posts that were made while I was sleeping -- what great things to think about as I begin what I plan to be my LAST day 2. Thanks to everyone.
        Isn't it a lovely thought, everyone, that on MWO even while we are sleeping others are actively quitting. You wake up and there sits another piece of your armour!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Lav. Right now, I am grateful for this site!
          I want to be able to tell them to feck off, but I keep feeling like I deserve what I get- and that makes it worse.
          For today, though I am going to fully believe that I am not going to let them get me down anymore. It doesn't do any of us any good. AND I might just imagine stella peckin the hell out of em if they try to cause me any more grief today.
          Thanks for all the support y'all!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yo Star - here's a :l for ya.

Lovin your work. Lovin your honesty. Lovin you.

You got the strength. You got the courage. We got your back. :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry for all the things I've said about my Hubby! Just got a call... he's 60 miles away up north and it's snowing heavily and the roads haven't been treated! He's a great driver, but so what?! What about all the idiots?!

Praying for him that he gets to my work to pick me up, and that we safely pick my babies up from my parent's house!
              I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star.... You are exactly one month behind me and I want to cheer you with the news that in the last month my 'reactive nerves' have just disappeared !
                You know that sudden rise in adrenaline when something upsetting happens ? Well I now find it rises, peaks and falls over a couple of minutes allowing me to sit back and analyse the problem rather than being consumed by it.

Also remember that the part that wants to drink in response to the upset is the tantruming child in us all...... Not the mature adult we are all slowly becoming. WATCH this part of you with interest, it is ego, it is immaturity slamming a door and chucking its toys.

Family are just people you know better than most, but they also know you better than most but they don't know the sober you very well yet.......mature and in charge of your emotions.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Rainy......hope the family are home safe soon

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, RC and Kuya- Today, I think, my nestmates are my family!:l
                    Rainy, hoping you and your fam have safe travels!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1450496 wrote: Thanks, Lav. Right now, I am grateful for this site!
                      I want to be able to tell them to feck off, but I keep feeling like I deserve what I get- and that makes it worse.
                      For today, though I am going to fully believe that I am not going to let them get me down anymore. It doesn't do any of us any good. AND I might just imagine stella peckin the hell out of em if they try to cause me any more grief today.
                      Thanks for all the support y'all!

Delightful Starfish - bestower of awards and encouragement and love. You feel, "like I deserve what I get
                      ." What you deserve, fellow nest friend, is to be loved. You are very much loved and appreciated and honored by All in The Nest.

I admire your stark honesty. You do not need anyone to hold you accountable because you hold yourself accountable. You are a role model for All of us in The Nest.

You have a tender heart. Cherish who you are!! Close your ears, just for today, to the voices of family that misunderstand you. Let them be. "Put them on ignore," as a wise person told me not very long ago.

And breathe. Take deep breaths of air -- deeply in and deeply out -- to relax. Repeat.

The human brain takes time to heal from the assault of alcohol. Much longer than the three or five or whatever days that people say it takes to detox. No, the brain remembers...

Remember, Dear Starfish, that you are now free from the slavery of alcohol. And like anyone with newfound freedom, it can sometimes be confusing. We were accustomed to alcohol running our lives, yes?

Be gentle with yourself. Check back into The Nest. We are here for you. ~ :groupluv:
                      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dang, Tess...I want to be you when I grow up!! B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie -
                          I drank AT people for years and thought I was the only one that made sense to....glad I'm not alone!
                          Star - Treat yourself to something nice today. New nail polish always makes me feel better!!

:h K9
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think we all need a reminder from time to time
                            What do you think Star??

AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess. You have brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for one of the sweetest messages I have ever received in my life
                              And thank you to everyone else. I am home safe and sound (and sober). I think I'll just polish my nails now.
                              Love you all so much!!!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1450512 wrote: Morning Rainy......hope the family are home safe soon
                                Hi all... just wanted to step in... all are safe from the snowy roads... getting kiddos ready for bed, then bed myself for a Friday!

Good night!
                                I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Working...
                                X